Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
traxxas telluride? >

traxxas telluride?

traxxas telluride?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default traxxas telluride?

I bought this for my son to get into r/c and was wandering a few things. i bought it used so not sure of how its trully suppose to work but is the 550 titan motors really that slow? Its got a 76 spur and a 19 pinion both 48 pitch and Ive even dropeed in my Lipo's thinking it was a battery. It seems to barely run through grass and has little power to do much fun stuff. I run my stuff brushless but back in the day I ran everything brushed like most people. Just wandering if i got something wrong or do I need to go brushless.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Look through the directions and make sure the ESC is set up correctly. some of the Traxxas ESC's can be put into a novice mode that makes it slower for beginner drivers.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

+1 I think they call it training mode, and make sure it's calibrated/setup correctly to the radio to get full throttle. Also it's possible the Titan motor has seen better days if used. If I'm not mistaken they aren't real expensive.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Make sure the esc is not in training mode. If that's not the issue, pull the motor and clean it with motor spray then oil the bushings and try it again. If that doesn't help I would try a new Titan. They're around $28 new.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok will do, I did replace the motor cause the other was geared wrong and smoked water a few minutes of running.