Wiki Posts
Search

Bleeding Team Associated V2 Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Bleeding Team Associated V2 Shocks

I'm having a hell of a time bleeding the V2 Associated shocks. No matter how slow I do it, how much I fill the cap, how careful I am, they still eventually end up with air, making that horrible sloshing sound. Maybe it's impossible? I don't know? They are smooth until the shock gets turned at an angle or upside down.

Is there a trick I'm not seeing, or something I'm doing wrong? Maybe getting them fully silent is impossible?

I did a search for bleeding V2 shocks and came up empty.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

they are emulsion shocks, and thats how they are supposed to be.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

They should have a little bit of air. I prefer them to have a little bit of movement at each end for balance - some like less, some like more. They are an emulsion damper so they will always have air in the oil, that's just how they work. Some companies provide a bladder for an air free experience but most of those just end up having people cut the bladder out to turn it into an emulsion damper anyway.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Try this it might be better for ya?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GitM0-hWFgc
Old 05-26-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

The video was a good guide, thanks. I haven't tried with the spring collar in, so that was new.

After looking up emulsion shocks, I guess it makes some sense. I'd think with a bleeder valve you'd be using it to rid the shock of air so that it has a consistent flow of oil through the piston, but I guess that's not what it's for.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shoman24v
The video was a good guide, thanks. I haven't tried with the spring collar in, so that was new.

After looking up emulsion shocks, I guess it makes some sense. I'd think with a bleeder valve you'd be using it to rid the shock of air so that it has a consistent flow of oil through the piston, but I guess that's not what it's for.
1/2 right! It is evacuating air to get the amount of air sucked back in consistent. That was it only brings back in what it needs to have, and keeps the same amount in each one.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You will never get rid of air. But you can rid it briefly. If you top your shocks every round you should be consistent. Adding the spring cup will allow more oil and keep your shock from airing up that much faster. Best way to tell is to run a normal heat. Let it sit while you marshal. Then work the shocks on the table and pop the cap. See how much air is in each one. Top them off and round 2 your ready. The kit will feel more consistent. Then run 2 rounds and top them off again and see how much air you have. I can usually get 2 rounds before the air feels like it's effecting the suspension.