Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi XX 2wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Losi XX 2wd buggy

Does any one think a XX 2wd buggy can still compete??? I'm gonna put one of mine together to see for myself!!! What does everyone think???
Old 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

There is a guy running a Jrx2 truck conversion in stock truck at my track that keeps up with the T4's. Anything is competitive in offroad at the club level.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
j97
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

should be plenty fast lmk if u need a spare i have a xx that is 75% complete 25.00 its yours
Old 10-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bshack
Does any one think a XX 2wd buggy can still compete??? I'm gonna put one of mine together to see for myself!!! What does everyone think???
don't see why not, see what happens when you give it a run.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default xx2

it has the speed, but doesnt have the suspension to handle even the first generation xxx. i had one my self, never run it, till one day i decided to sell it cheap to a friend of mine. we race together, i myself was using xxx 1st generation. not even the graphite version. the double x bk version suffered on the roughs.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The newest XXXCR uses the same rear suspension as the XX-CR it will handle with most cars. You will just be on your own on setup. Get some good tires and have the car in good shape and have fun. If you are a good driver you can be competitive with it. Cars are not that much better now than they were a few years ago. Tires and other things along with better base setups help the new cars get going easier.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The xx's were not as planted as xxx's are and they didn't steer through corners near as well. That's probably the biggest difference... the xxx has more steering everywhere but still is hooked up.

But I agree that a xx with a good setup could still get around the track pretty well. Just don't expect to beat drivers (with xxx,b4) that are as good as you or better.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

well i just tryed my xxt they dont steer as good as the xxx t but steer good... but i might get the xxx steering unit and but it on my xxt ... love my xxt its better truck then i thought...
Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

My xx was probably a better chassis for outdoor racing (which I don't do with an electric anymore). I thought it was better inthe rough than my XXX cars have been. I never ran them together though.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

This car is not even the "CR" version. The last time I raced THIS car was January 1993. I sold all of my R/C cars last month so I could buy a 4 wheeler, but kept just enough so that I could still race if I bought another XXX-CR. However, I was looking at this car hanging in my basement and thought it would be a cool car to go out and at least win the stock A-main at CRCRC. I think I can do it. I have a couple of parts cars, so I think I can support the maintenance for quite a while. Keep in mind, The XX-4 was re-released!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've raced both back to back on the same day. XXX CR vs. XX CR KE

The XXX just feels likes its more on rails a little. The XX was a tad slower reacting to everything. This was worse for steering and cornering, but it was better for bumps.

the XX really jumped pretty well and took the bumps well. If I already had a XX and wanted to club race, I wouldn't get the newer cars just yet.

When I raced it at SoCal in the mod 2 wheel class, I acctually did okay with it. I was ahead of the rest of the pack (with 2 factory drivers) for the 1st half of a qualifier until they caught up and I made a few mistakes. I felt as if it was definately slower every lap, but it could be driven much harder without getting out of shape as easily and thus I drove consistently.

In other words, if you have the XX right now, stick with it to the point where you really feel as if its holding you back. When you can run consistently without mistakes and consistent lap times, then switch. As long as you still have parts for it. If you don't, then you might want to consider switching.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

lets keep this thread going lol... im going to try the jato tires and rims.... when it stops raining and any of you useing any graphite parts ?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

I've just about got it together.... I found a "CR" rear end, but I need to find the right hub carriers. The LHS will have them. Then next week It's time to go vintage!!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bshack
Then next week It's time to go vintage!!
sounds good bshack.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone know if these would fit my jrx-pro? i'm going to try and retrofot a 3 gear tranny bk2...if that doesn't work, i hear the xx tranny fits. would these be the correct length?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2544&rd=1&rd=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.