Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody raced the Novak Stock Brushless #3006

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Anybody raced the Novak Stock Brushless #3006

Anybody raced the Novak 4300 brushless motor in any local stock classes ? I have a Losi XXX-T and was thinking of getting the Novak #3006 system. I am racing a pk2 now. Is it as fast or faster than stock motor. I have read all the notes that Novak has about this motor, but never seen it raced. How do all your tracks deal with brushless motors. Is there a setting for the 5800 motor to get it to run like a stock motor ? I have heard there is a speed control setting that limits rpm.
Thanks for all your input !!!
Rick Harris.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

The SS4300 should be raced in the 19t spec class. Its too powerful for stock. You can limit the SS5800 down to a lower RPM but once it reaches that certain point it feels as if the motor is cutting out and jumping back to life again simultaneously

Sean
Old 08-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

I race the Novak 5800. I have used it in stock and full speed. Duratrax is right about the cut in and out feeling. It runs good though. My track allows brushless and and stock brushed motors together so long as the brushless is tuned down to stock. A few guys use the brushless 5800.

I like the torque, but I don't like the cut in and out at in opportune points. Sometimes it can mess up your line when it cuts off the RPM then cuts back in while in stock mode. It's something that takes a little getting used to. When you get it down and learn how it operates on your track it's worth having.

No maintenance, smooth power, and long running.

Good luck with your decision.

Brian
Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 AM

go with the 5800, like before, the guys before said u can limit the rpm so you can always do that.. it runs great at full speed. and i am very happy with it.