Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
bj4 worlds edition.... >

bj4 worlds edition....

bj4 worlds edition....

Old 05-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default bj4 worlds edition....

I know the car is no longer in production but I am curious as to whether or not any associated parts will work w it. Diffs., arms, shock towers etc....

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Someone's gotta know something....lol
Old 05-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sikntired75 View Post
Someone's gotta know something....lol
Post in the b44 thread if you have not already. Or if you have one, go down to a track and pit next to someone with a b44. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

I posted in the jconcepts thread w no luck as of yet.....didnt think bout the b44 one thanks!!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

did you try jconcepts.net for parts?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah ive looked on the site n they have nothing for it at all!! I can pick one of these buggies up pretty cheap n wouldn't wanna pass it up but at the same time dont wanna be stuck w something i can't repair.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:59 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

The BJ4 was based off of the AE Buggy. A lot of parts are on your hobby shop wall. If it is a complete car you should be good for any maintenance replacement parts. All shock parts. All Diff parts. All rear suspension parts are from the B4. JConcepts does have certain parts from the original kit sales for support by contacting them directly through [email protected] . There are ways to make the B44 front arms work. (I have not done it. Something about changing the spacing where the arm meets the front bulkhead)
Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Jconcepts website has almost all the BJ4 specific parts for the car listed under BJ4 Accessories. Just mostly differential parts are shared with current AE cars, and all the shocks parts are still available from Team Associated.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Run it at the track and tell people you're really grateful to have the opportunity to test out the prototype b44.3 .
Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default BJ4WE

Sorry to bring up an old(ish) thread, but I'm just about to bring my BJ4WE back from the grave and wondered if it's now impossible to buy parts online from JConcepts for it? I haven't as yet emailed JConcepts yet.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by treemagnet View Post
Sorry to bring up an old(ish) thread, but I'm just about to bring my BJ4WE back from the grave and wondered if it's now impossible to buy parts online from JConcepts for it? I haven't as yet emailed JConcepts yet.

have you checked out their website? the last time i checked they still stocked some parts for the buggies. ebay always has some too.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P View Post
The BJ4 was based off of the AE Buggy. A lot of parts are on your hobby shop wall. If it is a complete car you should be good for any maintenance replacement parts. All shock parts. All Diff parts. All rear suspension parts are from the B4. JConcepts does have certain parts from the original kit sales for support by contacting them directly through [email protected] . There are ways to make the B44 front arms work. (I have not done it. Something about changing the spacing where the arm meets the front bulkhead)
alot of b44 parts will work with modification. the front a arms if i remember right, need to shave some plastic on the ends that meet the bulkhead.

the biggest thing to note is AE bought the plans from jconcepts and redid the buggy just enough, that most parts are not interchangable like shock towers, top decks, bulkheads, and a few other components. the bj4 was not only jconcepts parts and AE parts put together, but also ran alot of xxx4 buggy parts as well. so not everything was AE original so somethings had to be changed.