Team Associated T5M Discussion

You're on Page 225 of 265
Go to
  • Feb/March 2015 IIRC. Definitely last year.
  • Quote: Looking at buying either a T5M on here or somewhere or waiting for the new release? Any idea if that will be soon or go ahead with the T5M? My son has a B5M and I have a SC5M but that class (SC) has died here on a weekly basis. Only bigger shows anymore. Buddy has a TLR22 2.0 ST wants to sell but I really don't want to switch. Any advice?
    If SC has died why not convert the sc5m to a t5m i think all you need is chassis and cradle , body and mounts and obviously wheels/tires but at least then you can convert back if SC picks up again.
  • Even if a T6M comes out, that doesn't mean the T5M is irrelevant. A well-sorted truck will still be competitive at most local races. I do not plan on dumping my T5M any time soon.
    Of course, if the new truck has a laydown transmission, I might just sell the T5M just because I'm a geek that way
  • Thanks guys. I have been looking for one on here but all there seems to be is a chunk of B5Ms LOL. I agree that the T6 if it comes out for my driving skills might be a waste of money! The 4WD buggy is probably next for TA.
  • Quote: Thanks guys. I have been looking for one on here but all there seems to be is a chunk of B5Ms LOL. I agree that the T6 if it comes out for my driving skills might be a waste of money! The 4WD buggy is probably next for TA.
    I dont know. The wheeler is coming soon, but I wouldnt doubt the truck and SCT being first. That buggy is so anticipated it really needs to be perfect.
  • I know it's probably in this thread somewhere... multiple times at that... but just picked up the truck and it's been a quite a while since I've been in the loop. I want to put the 3gear in, all I need is 3gear case, 3gear motor plate & gear cover? If I'm correct, let me know!... I don't see anything about a different idler gear? And I don't know if I need a different waterfall? I don't see anything about the extra stuff so I'm assuming I don't need the extras. Thanks in advance!
  • I just posted that question a page back. lol.. you need the 3gear case, motor plate & gear cover.
  • Quote: I just posted that question a page back. lol.. you need the 3gear case, motor plate & gear cover.
    Hey thanks!! That's funny. I was reading from the beginning and got to page 60 and gave up.
  • Quote: I know it's probably in this thread somewhere... multiple times at that... but just picked up the truck and it's been a quite a while since I've been in the loop. I want to put the 3gear in, all I need is 3gear case, 3gear motor plate & gear cover? If I'm correct, let me know!... I don't see anything about a different idler gear? And I don't know if I need a different waterfall? I don't see anything about the extra stuff so I'm assuming I don't need the extras. Thanks in advance!
    Looks like you got the answer regarding necessary parts list. If you are running a stock class, I would pickup the narrow diff and idle gear and replace them while I had the tranny out. It will save a few grams and reduce the rotating mass.
  • Need some help with information fellas...

    I went to swap out the stock turnbuckles in the T5m with the lightweight Ti turnbuckles. I ordered and received the Jconcepts 67mm set (T5m). When I went to install them, I discovered that the inside dia of the the stock rod ends are too big for the JConcepts Ti buckles. I need to know which rod ends I need to get to finish this mod. Also, will the new rod ends drive me to change the ball studs?

    Part numbers/manufacturers would be awesome?
  • Is there any good carpet setups that anyone has tried? I still need to try some more set up stuff. But curious of what others are running. Just having trouble with the rear rotating. I'm running 3k in the rear. Should I go thinner?
  • Quote: Is there any good carpet setups that anyone has tried? I still need to try some more set up stuff. But curious of what others are running. Just having trouble with the rear rotating. I'm running 3k in the rear. Should I go thinner?
    I'm running 5k on high grip carpet and feel quite comfortable with it. Maybe you have to reduce the grip in the front
    - e.g. front anti-roll bar, stiffer springs, different tires?
  • Quote: Need some help with information fellas...

    I went to swap out the stock turnbuckles in the T5m with the lightweight Ti turnbuckles. I ordered and received the Jconcepts 67mm set (T5m). When I went to install them, I discovered that the inside dia of the the stock rod ends are too big for the JConcepts Ti buckles. I need to know which rod ends I need to get to finish this mod. Also, will the new rod ends drive me to change the ball studs?

    Part numbers/manufacturers would be awesome?
    The JConcepts turnbuckles are literally a direct replacement. Shouldn't need anything else.
  • Quote: I'm running 5k on high grip carpet and feel quite comfortable with it. Maybe you have to reduce the grip in the front
    - e.g. front anti-roll bar, stiffer springs, different tires?
    Thanks. I was thinking I just need to stiffen the truck up all the way around. I didn't know they made a front sway bar. Dose Associated make it? Or an after market company? I only knew about the rear.. what front tires are you running?
  • I just picked one of these up today and had a few questions? Do I need rpm type arms for this truck or are the stock arms plenty strong? I gotta try shorty/standard batts to see which I like best, are square packs popular for high grip clay?
    Thank you