R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree37Likes

Old 04-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #2986
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Anybody know if there are any plans on AE making gold shock shafts for the T5M?
I just rebuilt my buggy shocks and truck shocks, the buggy shocks are WAY smoother than my truck shocks. Buggy has gold shafts and both have low friction X-Rings...
I am wondering if the Ti-Nitride shafts from the T4.2 would work?
Crap, nevermind, I fouind them on Amain! Lol!
There's 2 kinds of Ti-nitride shafts as well. The older ones from the t4 series work just fine with the older pistons and then there is the v2 Ti-nitride and even better buy pricey chrome shafts for the v2 pistons
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #2987
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
There's 2 kinds of Ti-nitride shafts as well. The older ones from the t4 series work just fine with the older pistons and then there is the v2 Ti-nitride and even better buy pricey chrome shafts for the v2 pistons
Thanks, I swear I was looking the other day and couldn't find them.
I ordered a full set of the Ti-Nitride shafts for the "old" piston design, not really excited to have to change everything with the Fox shocks...
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #2988
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks, I swear I was looking the other day and couldn't find them.
I ordered a full set of the Ti-Nitride shafts for the "old" piston design, not really excited to have to change everything with the Fox shocks...
Nothing has to be changed with the fox bodies. All parts from the 5 series shocks work. V2 shafts and Pistons work just fine in the stock bodies and vice versa
Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 PM   #2989
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Nothing has to be changed with the fox bodies. All parts from the 5 series shocks work. V2 shafts and Pistons work just fine in the stock bodies and vice versa
I thought you had to change to the new V2 shock shafts and pistons with the fox bodies? So your saying you don't? Either way ~$60 is straight up highway robbery for shock bodies... I could gety an entire set of Kyosoh velvets for that $!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:52 AM   #2990
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I thought you had to change to the new V2 shock shafts and pistons with the fox bodies? So your saying you don't? Either way ~$60 is straight up highway robbery for shock bodies... I could gety an entire set of Kyosoh velvets for that $!
No change needed as the CE buggy came with fox bodies and the v1 shafts & molded pistons. If your taking the time to completly go through your shocks then at least upgrade the shafts & pistons, you will never lose a race again because of the eclip design
Flip boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #2991
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip boy View Post
No change needed as the CE buggy came with fox bodies and the v1 shafts & molded pistons. If your taking the time to completly go through your shocks then at least upgrade the shafts & pistons, you will never lose a race again because of the eclip design
Well I must be the weirdo cause with all the cars I have owned with e-clips inside shocks, never had one malfunction! I have however had 2 screws back off inside shocks, in 1/8th scale though. I got the V1 (e-clip) shafts in Ti-Nitride coming!
Big_Show likes this.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #2992
Tech Adept

Quote:
Well I must be the weirdo cause with all the cars I have owned with e-clips inside shocks, never had one malfunction! I have however had 2 screws back off inside shocks, in 1/8th scale though. I got the V1 (e-clip) shafts in Ti-Nitride coming!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #2993
Tech Champion

Quote:
But for fun I did order the X-ring rebuild kit, they were so good on the buggy I figured why not? BIG race this weekend! Want my stuff to perform well again this year. I got my first podium finish last year with my then new T5M!
Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #2994
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK not sure if I am blind or what but I have been looking at ordering a set of the longer truck springs for my T5M and get away from the buggy springs that came with it originally I see under the T5M parts on AMain some that are 54mm and some that are 72mm is that the difference I need to order the 72mm ones? I want to get a full set that includes the whites as I want to try them first. Can someone help me out and let me know if this os correct or find me the correct part numbers.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #2995
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
OK not sure if I am blind or what but I have been looking at ordering a set of the longer truck springs for my T5M and get away from the buggy springs that came with it originally I see under the T5M parts on AMain some that are 54mm and some that are 72mm is that the difference I need to order the 72mm ones? I want to get a full set that includes the whites as I want to try them first. Can someone help me out and let me know if this os correct or find me the correct part numbers.
54mm are for the front and 72mm are for the rear.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #2996
Tech Adept

Quote:
But for fun I did order the X-ring rebuild kit, they were so good on the buggy I figured why not? BIG race this weekend! Want my stuff to perform well again this year. I got my first podium finish last year with my then new T5M!
Good luck!!!!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #2997
Tech Champion

Quote:
Good luck!!!!
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #2998
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I added 49 grams of the sticky lead weights to my truck this weekend had it right in front of the shorty battery flat on chassis, only place I could get it and stay as low as possible. And the truck was awesome, had the steering I wanted and the rear end was no longer like a sprint car. So I am thinking if I get one of them 50g. under battery plates that will move some of it back even farther that will make it even better, wish I knew this a long time ago that they ran it, maybe with the brass D mount I wont need the whole 50g.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #2999
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Avid just released their updated bell cranks for the B5/T5M/SC5M Series.

http://avidrc.com/product/5/accessor...cessories.html
Old 04-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #3000
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
I added 49 grams of the sticky lead weights to my truck this weekend had it right in front of the shorty battery flat on chassis, only place I could get it and stay as low as possible. And the truck was awesome, had the steering I wanted and the rear end was no longer like a sprint car. So I am thinking if I get one of them 50g. under battery plates that will move some of it back even farther that will make it even better, wish I knew this a long time ago that they ran it, maybe with the brass D mount I wont need the whole 50g.
The brass D mount adds weight to the very rear of the chassis which can cause swing weight. I hated the brass D block. The brass C is a good option though. The blocks should be considered after you get the battery weight were you want it.