R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #2656
Tech Apprentice
 
Cerevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West KY
Posts: 73
Default

SMC seems to be real popular, I've read a few lipo "tests" where they tested the actual capacity, ability to hold voltage etc etc of several packs and Gens Ace came out real well, Turnigy was good too in the test Im thinking of.. I'll see if I can find that link.

edit for link

My bad, Venom was 5th over all. But Big Squid does these shootouts every so often which is cool. Gens ace has come out ahead in at least 2 that I know of.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/lipo-batte...final-results/
__________________
Retired: RC10T3 Mtroniks ESC, Feigao sensorless 7t,
Currently run: Associated T5M
Radio-Active Raceway in Wingo, Ky
Cerevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #2657
Tech Fanatic
 
King DORK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 906
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerevo View Post
SMC seems to be real popular, I've read a few lipo "tests" where they tested the actual capacity, ability to hold voltage etc etc of several packs and Gens Ace came out real well, Turnigy was good too in the test Im thinking of.. I'll see if I can find that link.
I've run several of the different Turnigy Nano Tech lipos and all have been great. I know lots of people love the SMC packs. I had a couple for my 4x4 corr truck and they performed well but all of them puffed. Response from SMC was that this was "normal" but didn't sit well with me. Also heard good things about the Promatch lipos and these will be what I try next.
__________________
B5M Lite, Centro CT4.2, Tekno SCT410.3, Losi 22-4 (RC Shox-ified), Losi Comp Crawler, Losi MRC Pro Gatekeeper, Super Clodbuster
Proud father of my boys Kevin, Brandon, Dylan, and my dogs Kaelee, Bella Roo, and Wilbur. Thank you to my only sponsor, my beautiful wife!
King DORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #2658
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oak Hills, SoCal
Posts: 150
Default

I haven't gone through this entire thread and sorry if this has been answered already but I was wondering if anyone has tried a gear diff and if so what weight oil works?
__________________
If your not first your last! Shake N bake!
FPMX772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #2659
Tech Apprentice
 
Cerevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West KY
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King DORK View Post
I've run several of the different Turnigy Nano Tech lipos and all have been great. I know lots of people love the SMC packs. I had a couple for my 4x4 corr truck and they performed well but all of them puffed. Response from SMC was that this was "normal" but didn't sit well with me. Also heard good things about the Promatch lipos and these will be what I try next.
Do they still fit in the truck when they puff?
What amperage do you usually charge them?
__________________
Retired: RC10T3 Mtroniks ESC, Feigao sensorless 7t,
Currently run: Associated T5M
Radio-Active Raceway in Wingo, Ky
Cerevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #2660
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPMX772 View Post
I haven't gone through this entire thread and sorry if this has been answered already but I was wondering if anyone has tried a gear diff and if so what weight oil works?
Some guys at the local indoor carpet track are running gear diffs with 2K oil in them. They all seem to steer well and are way fast. I had 3K in my T4.2 RS and it seems to steer okay. I'm gonna try ball diff for a bit, but just might switch to a gear diff if the fast guys tell me it works okay on the clay track that's up the road.
BruceR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #2661
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oak Hills, SoCal
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR. View Post
Some guys at the local indoor carpet track are running gear diffs with 2K oil in them. They all seem to steer well and are way fast. I had 3K in my T4.2 RS and it seems to steer okay. I'm gonna try ball diff for a bit, but just might switch to a gear diff if the fast guys tell me it works okay on the clay track that's up the road.
Thanks for the info. Also wondering if anyone has tried the gear diff on indoor high bite clay... thanks
__________________
If your not first your last! Shake N bake!
FPMX772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #2662
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 10
Default

Anyone running the X factor chassis?
Coryjones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #2663
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,791
Trader Rating: 488 (100%+)
Default

Gear diffs are becoming very popular on high traction tracks....especially indoor. The weight of oil you want to use depends on your track but for clay 3-5k seems to be the sweet spot. I've heard of guys on high grip carpet using 100k+.
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....17 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:57 PM   #2664
Tech Regular
 
Jpdanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: TRCR
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryjones26 View Post
Anyone running the X factor chassis?
I have it and I really like it. I run on indoor high bite clay with no stiffening posts. It lightens up the truck so much you'll have to account for that with the dampening. I'm running 30wt blue front and 25wt white rear. This works for me and I really enjoy driving this truck with the chassis. The truck weighs in about 1800g with the chassis, pucks, and titanium turn buckles. Someone could probably get this truck to minimum weight with other lightweight hopups!

Be careful if you do order. The Screws and posts come in a small baggie that I accidentally threw away with the packaging material. One phone call to X Factory and they offered to overnight me a new hardware bag and split the cost if shipping. Excellent customer service!
__________________
I buy RC cars for my kids like a man buys a bowling ball with his name on it for his wife.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #2665
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 10
Default

We run on carpet I haven't even put the truck together yet I was looking for wieght savings and came across it. I never did see where it said how much it weighed or what the wieght savings is over stock.
Coryjones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #2666
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 122
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Look at Plan B RC on FB I run their chassis and it works very well.
Scottysspeedsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #2667
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 122
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Look at Plan B RC on FB I run their chassis and it works very well.
Scottysspeedsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #2668
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 10
Default

I was looking at those as well. Didn't see what the weight savings was on it either.
Coryjones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #2669
Tech Regular
 
Jpdanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: TRCR
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryjones26 View Post
We run on carpet I haven't even put the truck together yet I was looking for wieght savings and came across it. I never did see where it said how much it weighed or what the wieght savings is over stock.
The XFactory website says 75g lighter than the included aluminum chassis.
__________________
I buy RC cars for my kids like a man buys a bowling ball with his name on it for his wife.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #2670
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 10
Default

I guess it was the plan b I couldn't find any info on.
Coryjones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:37 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net