R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree37Likes

Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #2656
Tech Apprentice

SMC seems to be real popular, I've read a few lipo "tests" where they tested the actual capacity, ability to hold voltage etc etc of several packs and Gens Ace came out real well, Turnigy was good too in the test Im thinking of.. I'll see if I can find that link.

edit for link

My bad, Venom was 5th over all. But Big Squid does these shootouts every so often which is cool. Gens ace has come out ahead in at least 2 that I know of.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/lipo-batte...final-results/
Cerevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #2657
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerevo View Post
SMC seems to be real popular, I've read a few lipo "tests" where they tested the actual capacity, ability to hold voltage etc etc of several packs and Gens Ace came out real well, Turnigy was good too in the test Im thinking of.. I'll see if I can find that link.
I've run several of the different Turnigy Nano Tech lipos and all have been great. I know lots of people love the SMC packs. I had a couple for my 4x4 corr truck and they performed well but all of them puffed. Response from SMC was that this was "normal" but didn't sit well with me. Also heard good things about the Promatch lipos and these will be what I try next.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #2658
Tech Adept

I haven't gone through this entire thread and sorry if this has been answered already but I was wondering if anyone has tried a gear diff and if so what weight oil works?
Old 01-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #2659
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by King DORK View Post
I've run several of the different Turnigy Nano Tech lipos and all have been great. I know lots of people love the SMC packs. I had a couple for my 4x4 corr truck and they performed well but all of them puffed. Response from SMC was that this was "normal" but didn't sit well with me. Also heard good things about the Promatch lipos and these will be what I try next.
Do they still fit in the truck when they puff?
What amperage do you usually charge them?
Cerevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #2660
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPMX772 View Post
I haven't gone through this entire thread and sorry if this has been answered already but I was wondering if anyone has tried a gear diff and if so what weight oil works?
Some guys at the local indoor carpet track are running gear diffs with 2K oil in them. They all seem to steer well and are way fast. I had 3K in my T4.2 RS and it seems to steer okay. I'm gonna try ball diff for a bit, but just might switch to a gear diff if the fast guys tell me it works okay on the clay track that's up the road.
BruceR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #2661
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR. View Post
Some guys at the local indoor carpet track are running gear diffs with 2K oil in them. They all seem to steer well and are way fast. I had 3K in my T4.2 RS and it seems to steer okay. I'm gonna try ball diff for a bit, but just might switch to a gear diff if the fast guys tell me it works okay on the clay track that's up the road.
Thanks for the info. Also wondering if anyone has tried the gear diff on indoor high bite clay... thanks
Old 01-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #2662
Tech Rookie

Anyone running the X factor chassis?
Coryjones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #2663
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 488 (100%+)

Gear diffs are becoming very popular on high traction tracks....especially indoor. The weight of oil you want to use depends on your track but for clay 3-5k seems to be the sweet spot. I've heard of guys on high grip carpet using 100k+.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:57 PM   #2664
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryjones26 View Post
Anyone running the X factor chassis?
I have it and I really like it. I run on indoor high bite clay with no stiffening posts. It lightens up the truck so much you'll have to account for that with the dampening. I'm running 30wt blue front and 25wt white rear. This works for me and I really enjoy driving this truck with the chassis. The truck weighs in about 1800g with the chassis, pucks, and titanium turn buckles. Someone could probably get this truck to minimum weight with other lightweight hopups!

Be careful if you do order. The Screws and posts come in a small baggie that I accidentally threw away with the packaging material. One phone call to X Factory and they offered to overnight me a new hardware bag and split the cost if shipping. Excellent customer service!

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #2665
Tech Rookie

We run on carpet I haven't even put the truck together yet I was looking for wieght savings and came across it. I never did see where it said how much it weighed or what the wieght savings is over stock.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #2666
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Look at Plan B RC on FB I run their chassis and it works very well.
Scottysspeedsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #2667
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Look at Plan B RC on FB I run their chassis and it works very well.
Scottysspeedsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #2668
Tech Rookie

I was looking at those as well. Didn't see what the weight savings was on it either.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #2669
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryjones26 View Post
We run on carpet I haven't even put the truck together yet I was looking for wieght savings and came across it. I never did see where it said how much it weighed or what the wieght savings is over stock.
The XFactory website says 75g lighter than the included aluminum chassis.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #2670
Tech Rookie

I guess it was the plan b I couldn't find any info on.