Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated T5M Discussion >

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Like Tree95Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Reply

Old 05-05-2015, 07:01 PM
  #1621  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (99)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,790
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mhughesjr View Post
My front ride height is a little low than my rear by a couple of mm, and my rear cvs are completely level. I do have like 15% drag brake, but don't believe that is the issue as there were a couple jumps I was still on the throttle experimenting, and it still nosed down. My transmission and diff feel really good.
Raise the front. I have mine 30mm front and 29mm rear. Jumps nice and level.
thecman26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
  #1622  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mhughesjr View Post
My front ride height is a little low than my rear by a couple of mm, and my rear cvs are completely level. I do have like 15% drag brake, but don't believe that is the issue as there were a couple jumps I was still on the throttle experimenting, and it still nosed down. My transmission and diff feel really good.
If it's not jumping great, bring your front ride height up to at least the same as rear, and possibly 1-2mm higher than rear. I've been running 30/28 and it seems good, and some are running 31/29. Also going to stiffer front springs should help. The kit springs are a touch soft by most accounts. I preferred gray rears and yellow or red fronts. A last attempt would also be to go to a smaller piston hole in the front shocks.
rigor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM
  #1623  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (99)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,790
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigor View Post
If it's not jumping great, bring your front ride height up to at least the same as rear, and possibly 1-2mm higher than rear. I've been running 30/28 and it seems good, and some are running 31/29. Also going to stiffer front springs should help. The kit springs are a touch soft by most accounts. I preferred gray rears and yellow or red fronts. A last attempt would also be to go to a smaller piston hole in the front shocks.
+1 to that, I switched to red front springs, a friend was running orange and liked them. Also ran gray rears.
thecman26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM
  #1624  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
steelers82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: upland, ca.
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know if you still need to put black diff grease in the schelle thrust bearing?
steelers82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:44 PM
  #1625  
Suspended
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by steelers82 View Post
does anyone know if you still need to put black diff grease in the schelle thrust bearing?
Yes, you do.
Socket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:47 PM
  #1626  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (495)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,908
Trader Rating: 495 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by steelers82 View Post
does anyone know if you still need to put black diff grease in the schelle thrust bearing?
Got to lubricate it somehow....
QDRHRSE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 AM
  #1627  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
mhughesjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Crestview, FL
Posts: 137
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigor View Post
If it's not jumping great, bring your front ride height up to at least the same as rear, and possibly 1-2mm higher than rear. I've been running 30/28 and it seems good, and some are running 31/29. Also going to stiffer front springs should help. The kit springs are a touch soft by most accounts. I preferred gray rears and yellow or red fronts. A last attempt would also be to go to a smaller piston hole in the front shocks.
Thank you for the advice, I have raised the front to a little higher then the rear. I plan on going to the track in a little while and testing it out. I've also got some stiffer springs on order but they won't be in for a couple of days.
mhughesjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:37 AM
  #1628  
Tech Regular
 
VegasHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 474
Default

What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
VegasHB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:48 AM
  #1629  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (495)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,908
Trader Rating: 495 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VegasHB View Post
What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
All I can say is that I bought a fancy spring rate tool and I check all of my springs. AE spring rates jump all over and sometimes you could even end up with [for example] greens that are stiffer than whites. Kyosho springs are perfect. They always match, they seem to last forever.....the quality is very high. They clearly use better materials and adhere to much tighter tolerances. Its not uncommon for drivers of other manufactures to use Kyosho springs in both off & on road applications. I run them on some of my Associated buggies as well.
QDRHRSE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:03 AM
  #1630  
Tech Master
iTrader: (67)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,922
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VegasHB View Post
What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
kyosho springs kinda "numb" the feeling of the car and make it easier to drive. Less twitchy off center mostly. I believe that on a smooth high bite surface that they are faster 99% of the time. However, they dont quite jump and land as well and don't handle bumps as well... so if you have a bumpy track they may not be the ticket.
rc23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 AM
  #1631  
Suspended
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
All I can say is that I bought a fancy spring rate tool and I check all of my springs. AE spring rates jump all over and sometimes you could even end up with [for example] greens that are stiffer than whites. Kyosho springs are perfect. They always match, they seem to last forever.....the quality is very high. They clearly use better materials and adhere to much tighter tolerances. Its not uncommon for drivers of other manufactures to use Kyosho springs in both off & on road applications. I run them on some of my Associated buggies as well.
Where have Losi springs come out on your tester?
Socket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:42 AM
  #1632  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (495)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,908
Trader Rating: 495 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Where have Losi springs come out on your tester?
I refuse to buy anything from Losi or TLR. The quality of the parts that came with/on my early 22s and SCTEs was so poor that I've decided to not support the brand. I'm pretty strict about it. I think the only one of their products I have [today] is the wheel/tire balancer they sell.
QDRHRSE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM
  #1633  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (99)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,790
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rc23 View Post
kyosho springs kinda "numb" the feeling of the car and make it easier to drive. Less twitchy off center mostly. I believe that on a smooth high bite surface that they are faster 99% of the time. However, they dont quite jump and land as well and don't handle bumps as well... so if you have a bumpy track they may not be the ticket.
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
All I can say is that I bought a fancy spring rate tool and I check all of my springs. AE spring rates jump all over and sometimes you could even end up with [for example] greens that are stiffer than whites. Kyosho springs are perfect. They always match, they seem to last forever.....the quality is very high. They clearly use better materials and adhere to much tighter tolerances. Its not uncommon for drivers of other manufactures to use Kyosho springs in both off & on road applications. I run them on some of my Associated buggies as well.
Originally Posted by VegasHB View Post
What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
+1 to all that!
The XGS springs make the truck feel so light and nimble! It jumps amazing and handles better all around!
thecman26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 PM
  #1634  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (99)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,790
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I refuse to buy anything from Losi or TLR. The quality of the parts that came with/on my early 22s and SCTEs was so poor that I've decided to not support the brand. I'm pretty strict about it. I think the only one of their products I have [today] is the wheel/tire balancer they sell.
The annodized shim set is really nice as well as the aluminum wheel nuts are cheap and as light as the JConcepts nuts that are almost twice the price, and you even get two spares with the TLR nuts. Otherwise I am with you!
thecman26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM
  #1635  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Mudcat981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Lemoore, Ca
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flintTRDTC View Post
Has anyone seen the setup that Spencer Rivkin used at the JConcepts Stock Nationals at OC/RC this past weekend? I saw Team Associated posted his winning B5M setup but not his winning T5M setup. Just finished building my T5M and want to compare his setup to the box stock setup.
Just posted

http://www.liverc.com/news/race_resu..._and_Wynn_won/
Mudcat981 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service