Wiki Posts
Search

need advice on 1/8 e buggy.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default need advice on 1/8 e buggy.

Local indoor track is doing an e buggy light. Has to be 1/8 scale and run 2 cell. Other than that, there are no restrictions. I bought a used dxr8 to get started and chose to go with short course electionics. Running a hacker 4pole 4.5 turn and hacker esc. Running stock spur and 13 tooth pinion, i am temping 160 to 170 on motor after 10 minutes and 140 on esc wich seems fine to me. Only other option is go 1/8 scale electronics and gear high, but running with them my car seems much faster with plenty of low end to clear anything.

Now that i have a setup and an idea what will work, i have a little extra cash and want to get a better buggy to move the electronics over to as the dxr8 is discontinued . I would like to shave some weight, so i am thinking the tekno eb48. Weight is a big concern with this setup i believe. What other options are out as far as really light buggies? I have a scte i could do a mip conversion to, but I like racing 4wd shortcourse as well.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morkendi
Local indoor track is doing an e buggy light. Has to be 1/8 scale and run 2 cell. Other than that, there are no restrictions. I bought a used dxr8 to get started and chose to go with short course electionics. Running a hacker 4pole 4.5 turn and hacker esc. Running stock spur and 13 tooth pinion, i am temping 160 to 170 on motor after 10 minutes and 140 on esc wich seems fine to me. Only other option is go 1/8 scale electronics and gear high, but running with them my car seems much faster with plenty of low end to clear anything.

Now that i have a setup and an idea what will work, i have a little extra cash and want to get a better buggy to move the electronics over to as the dxr8 is discontinued . I would like to shave some weight, so i am thinking the tekno eb48. Weight is a big concern with this setup i believe. What other options are out as far as really light buggies? I have a scte i could do a mip conversion to, but I like racing 4wd shortcourse as well.

Best options in my opinion are the mip conversion for your scte or the tekno super light conversion for the tekno sct410.

Cheers Justin
Old 05-12-2014, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Best options in my opinion are the mip conversion for your scte or the tekno super light conversion for the tekno sct410.

Cheers Justin
+1 on these, they come in much lighter than the normal 1:8 buggies and will not be as much overload for 2S, just a re-bodied SC truck.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

+2

I wish other brands came did the same too
Old 05-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since you have a scte , get a spare 1.0 roller and the mip kit . Common spares will be nice to have . If you get the tekno , pretty soon you will be shopping for a tekno truck as well ....
Old 05-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree the lightest setup would be to covert your sct