R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Help Needed: Exploded View of Trinity/Picco .15 R-C Speed Nitro Engine

Hi all,
New guy here at this forum. I need a exploded view and a parts list for a Trinity/Picco .15 R-C Speed Nitro Engine. The engine is a pullstart model, so if you have a view for a pullstart and non-pullstart that would be great because I might just convert it. See I bought a used RC10GT (tub chassis) off of ebay and the engine is, well in need of a complete rebuild. It wasn't a great deal but not a bad one. For $85.00 bucks and it came with a JR racing XR3 Digital FM radio, receiver and servos(250's) some extra parts like a new frame and a tool box. So all in all I got some work to do. So if anyone has info on where I can find the parts list and exploded view, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
PoPRC
PoPRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Please if anybody has any info I need HELP!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I don't have the manuals so can't help you there.

For the price it'll probably cost to rebuild the picco you'd probably be much better off just buying a new os engine or any other good brand engine. High performance engines aren't cheap to rebuild. And if you have a second hand engine to rebuild it right you should put in new bearings, sleeve/piston, and a rod. Those parts added up will probably cost you 75% of an os cv-r .12
So then you'd be left with an engine with new parts, but who knows what about the carburator...Probably need all new orings also.

Not trying to scare you off, just trying to save you frustration.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

I appreciate your candor. I will look into what your telling me. I want race this truck. Obviously it is not the best candidate for racing, however this is something I want to do with my 12 yr old as a hobbie and slowly build into a racing hobby. So I can take a slower truck and learn from it. Thanks for your help,

PoPRC
Old 08-18-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

That's great you want to get into it with your boy! I'm 30 now and have tried to now get my Dad into it.. He doesn't seem to take to it like I do though. I think he might go for my 1/8 scale though lol.

I just looked at tower and doesn't look like they sell parts for that engine anymore. These engines are very simple. There is the crankshaft, the sleeve, and the piston and rod. The main problem with taking them apart is to make sure to not strip the head bolts off.

First take off the clutch nut and flywheel making note of any spacers or washers that keep the flywheel at the correct spacing.

I like to use an L shaped allen wrench, put it in the screw head, then grip the short L and the shaft in a pair of linesman's pliers (dykes) and you can feel whether or not the screw head is stripping.

You then take the back plate or pullstarter plate off.

Next take 3 zip ties and with the piston down, insert them thru the exhaust port (need to take manifold off). Then thread the clutch nut back on and with a socket or your glow plug wrench rotate the piston up until it pops the sleeve up enough that you can pull it out. The piston may cut the zip ties in half in which case you just keep using whats left of the zip ties until the sleeve pops.

After you pull the sleeve out, you rotate the piston to the top, and can then pull the rod off the crank pin. The piston and rod will now be able to come out thru the back plate hole. Be sure to make note of any cutouts or skirts in the piston and which way they are orientated in the engine.

Now you take the piston and with the correct orientation in the sleeve, (generally 90' to the exhasut port, with cutouts or skirts facing the proper direction) you push the piston up in the sleeve. If it comes easily to the top it's worn out and do for a new piston/sleeve combo or a squeeze job.

If you google search osrocket or rayaracing, you will find they will pinch your sleeve back to better than new condition. I've never tried rayaracing, but have osrocket. His pinches are TIGHT! If you use him I would recommend just going with a loose pinch.

Your crank bearings are probably ok, just roll them over to see if they feel gritty. If so just spray em out in the sink and be sure to oil them liberally afterwards. The rod will probalby be ok for your boys first engine. This is a cheap way to get your engine you have going for your boy. If he starts racing, PM me and I'll send you my old GT chassis and everything will switch over with no problems and it'll be easier to clean than the tub chassis. If and when he does start racing I would recommend an os cv.12 as they are reliable, easy to tune, less than 90 dollars brand new, and new piston and sleeve is only 20 bux.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Man you are a huge help thanks. I really appreciate it. I will give it a go and report how I did. Thanks man I have found nothing but nice and helpful people in this hobby so far.

PoPRC