Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2wd buggy suggestions/advice >

2wd buggy suggestions/advice

2wd buggy suggestions/advice

Old 05-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairless_ape
Keep an eye out on eBay, I bought my Evo new for $150 shipped.

The front arm mounts have a set screw, so even if you lost one you'd still be fine.

$150 new? That's a good price. I already planned on getting the aluminum from arm mount. Every vehicle needs some upgrades from the start. Lol
Originally Posted by RacerX11
Except the team c cars are a top tier product. I can go anywhere with my evo and be competitive off the bat. And as far as the B5, they haven't impressed me one bit. IMO I think they are just B4.2's with a few different parts
That's not true. The B5 went back to straight arms like the B4. The B5M has the upswept arms still. Lmao
Old 05-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwjuice
$150 new? That's a good price. I already planned on getting the aluminum from arm mount. Every vehicle needs some upgrades from the start. Lol
The aluminum mount is one of the goodies that comes standard with the USA Pro Kit.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

The aluminum mount is one of the goodies that comes standard with the USA Pro Kit.
Oh really? I didn't know that. I only knew about the front and rear hubs.

Is there a conversion kit to make it mid motor or do you have to purchase the mid motor car as well?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there a conversion kit to make it mid motor or do you have to purchase the mid motor car as well?
There is a mid motor conversion kit available. HTCTU0283
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No offense meant for the TeamC owners but my co racers at our local club always break something on his TeamC buggy. I ran a Cactus and finishing all the qualis and mains in top 5 position with out breaking something. (I replaced the rear axle to Durango unit) I got mine from this store, very good value for money. Im also using the included esc/ motor combo for racing.

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-cactus...Path=1100_1247
Old 05-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Except the team c cars are a top tier product. I can go anywhere with my evo and be competitive off the bat. And as far as the B5, they haven't impressed me one bit. IMO I think they are just B4.2's with a few different parts
Sorry, it isn't. Not knocking your ride, the Team C car is fine, it runs really well from what I've seen, but parts are not readily available, the design is old, and they aren't run in very many regions so support is thin.

The B5 is certainly an evolution from the B4.2 but it has a couple of key adjustments and improvements over the 4.2, like adjustable steering trail, much larger/stronger knuckles/spindles and rear arms, a completely different chassis, far better shocks, etc. Everyone I know who has owned both cars are very pleased with the difference in performance and durability over their old cars.

For the record, I run TLR's. Just stating that right now the B5 is the best buggy value on the market.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yup, also has aluminum hex's, rear arm mounts, and front hinge pin brace.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

how are the shocks far better in the b5, when they are the exact same as the b4.2 series of cars?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
how are the shocks far better in the b5, when they are the exact same as the b4.2 series of cars?
They aren't. Different shafts, bushings, and seals.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13042323-post3197.html
Old 05-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

The Serpent is Dialed! Best buggy I have driven to date. The parts quality is incredible,6 months and nothing replaced on either buggy. No need for hop ups. Everything you need comes with the kit. You get all the tuning options you will ever need. Both of mine are box stock parts. You should definitely consider this buggy.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

There is a mid motor conversion kit available. HTCTU0283
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71
oh that's cool. I would like timid motor as it sounds like it might fit my driving style better.

Yup, also has aluminum hex's, rear arm mounts, and front hinge pin brace.
I just double checked on evohobbies.com to see what all it has.

Originally Posted by miles514
No offense meant for the TeamC owners but my co racers at our local club always break something on his TeamC buggy. I ran a Cactus and finishing all the qualis and mains in top 5 position with out breaking something. (I replaced the rear axle to Durango unit) I got mine from this store, very good value for money. Im also using the included esc/ motor combo for racing.

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-cactus...Path=1100_1247
The 3racing on road cars are really good and have been making a name for themselves as a great value especially considering their lower than average cost. So I've been curious to get their buggy.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can give you some tips if you are set on the TC02:
-the top plate, the one that connect the bulkhead and the steering system to the chassis needs reinforcement around the rear screws, it's too thin on that place and I broke one easily.
-the bottom plate breaks on the kickup.
-maybe the ball diff was updated, if not then it would need some work and Kyosho parts, the slipper needed a spring change.
-the rear inner ballstuds should be vertical and could be better located.
-you can't tune anti squat and inboard rear toe.
-you can't use tall(~26mm) lipos.
-front arms break usually at the inner hinge pin.
-wear is fair, steering rack, CVD's and arms are the most critical parts.

Drives well but *I* really think it could be even better on that regard.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why not just keep your eyes glued on the for sale section for a while until you find a gently used 22? Shouldn't be a problem snagging one for under $200. It's still an extremely competitive car - parts are everywhere - and it's what you want to run?

Honestly if money was not an issue than I would buy a new Losi in a heartbeat. I've always liked Losi products and never had any issues with them.

That being said, I have a disabled son so money is a big issue as his needs come first.

I like the looks of the PR S1 and the Cactus more than I do the Team C, but the Team C seems to be a good value. I am just trying to get some feedback on these kits and if there's any other suggested ones around the same price.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I can give you some tips if you are set on the TC02:
-the top plate, the one that connect the bulkhead and the steering system to the chassis needs reinforcement around the rear screws, it's too thin on that place and I broke one easily.
-the bottom plate breaks on the kickup.
-maybe the ball diff was updated, if not then it would need some work and Kyosho parts, the slipper needed a spring change.
-the rear inner ballstuds should be vertical and could be better located.
-you can't tune anti squat and inboard rear toe.
-you can't use tall(~26mm) lipos.
-front arms break usually at the inner hinge pin.
-wear is fair, steering rack, CVD's and arms are the most critical parts.

Drives well but *I* really think it could be even better on that regard.
Thanks for the input. This is the kind of info I've needed. It takes a long time to read thru hundreds or thousands of posts on each vehicle.

Originally Posted by Vermin
Why not just keep your eyes glued on the for sale section for a while until you find a gently used 22? Shouldn't be a problem snagging one for under $200. It's still an extremely competitive car - parts are everywhere - and it's what you want to run?
I thought about that and if it was a buggy I bought local where I could see it in person first then it would be worth it. I've been burned the last few times I bought used vehicles especially from this site. Plus I enjoy the building process as much as I do driving the vehicles and I haven't built one since my B4 6 years ago.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Well I'm ruling out the PR S1. I didn't realize it cost as much as it does. It costs as much as a Losi. I'd buy the Losi first.

So now it's between the Cactus and the TC02. The TC02 has a lot of upgrades and costs $210. The Cactus doesn't even have any available upgrades, but it's only $155 and it can be run mid or rear motor which I like. Plus it looks pretty cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.