Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 e buggy help??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Cool 1/8 e buggy help??

Hey guys I am in the market for a 1/8 electric buggy to race outdoor and indoor.And no I don/t mean the funny looking e buggy lite sct kits...I am talking about all 1/8!! The kits I was looking at where the TLR 8IGHT E 3.0, Mugen MBX7 ECO race roller,Tekno EB48.2,Durango DEX408 V2 electric buggy, Hot Bodies electric buggy and the Kyosho MP9E TKi ready set rtr. The kit would be used for xtreme racing only both outdoor and indoor.I am looking for something Durable,Fast and with good air control. Electronic wise I need help choosing a servo, motor and esc wise I already know, Tekin RX8 Gen2 and Tekin T8 2050Kv and a 4s lipo. I use to race nitro 1/8 scale but it's to much money for me to much to maintain so now I only bash them not race but I am switching to racing 1/8e buggy and later e truggy.So any help would be sweet!! What do you like about the kits listed above??? Are they good??? Are they durable??? Any impute would would be cool. Thanks guys
Old 04-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

EB48.2 + ET48 are your answer. They are quite similar builds (nearly identical) and are high quality, high performing kits with excellent support on here. All 1/8e kits will perform well in the air and any kit mentioned above is competitive. It is ultimately up to you.

You're right on with electronics. RX8 Gen 2/Tekin 2050kv on 4S is great in E Buggy. I like the RX8 Gen 2/Tekin 2000kv on 4S for E Truggy.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have owned the Losi 8ight E 3.0, HB D812 w/E conversion and the eb48. The eb48 was sketchy, the rear end would snap loose under certain track conditions and the shocks are ok. Quality wise it pretty good. The HB D812 drives very well, it's super consistent no matter what track conditions. It's also tough as nails. It is incredibly tunable too. It is good quality and has great shocks. You can really drive it hard and pitch it around. It's a great car if you like driving real hard. The 3.0 with the box setup is like riding the gravy train. It's super stable at high speeds and turns well at low speeds, the car is really locked in. With some tuning it can be a twitch drivers dream too, tons of steering if you want. It's really good quality too and the shocks are also great. The camber link ends are quite tight so it needs a little work to loosen them up......

I really really like my 3.0 and loved the D812e.....
I just got an 8ight 3.0 t with an electric conversion and it's amazing, period.

Last edited by symmetricon; 04-24-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I like the saddle packs for e-buggy you get with Durango and Serpent. You get a straight center line for the drivetrain and your center of gravity is lower without a tall 4S pack in there.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

as previously stated all the cars that you listed are good cars, if i had to suggest a car it would have to be the kyosho, i run nitro and electric and 1/10 scale kyosho buggyies and all of them are extremely tune able and well handling.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd go with either the hb d812 or losi 3.0, I own a d812 and is very easy to push hard the rear end stays locked down no matter how hard you push it yet its got tons of steering. I haven't driven the 3.0 but several locals have them (symmetricon) and it looks to be great as well. The eb48 I've heard just gets to upset in the rough blown out tracks.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

I'm trying to find out pros and cons for each buggy and how different they handle the track?
Old 04-25-2014, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

quality/ wear:
serpent, xray, mugen, sworkz..

steering:
eb48, mbx7, s350 be1, xb8 electric..

stability:
3.0e, xb9e, mbx6, D812, mp9e..

best bang for the buck:
xb9e

best overall handling:
mp9e tki

I missed many cars here because I didn't try them all

honestly no car on the market has it all, but most of them are very good now
Old 04-25-2014, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The 3.0e and the D812e, IMO have better steering than the eb48 and the Sworkz s350 be1, I owned them all fyi....
Old 04-25-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I am biased, but am a big believer of the Serpent 811. I have yet to break anything, though I did have a diff bearing come apart on me last weekend. I had to spend some time with it, but it handles amazing right now. Also one of the best looking buggies out there (with the DEX408).

Kyosho MP9e is amazing out of the box, bone stock it just works. I prefer the twitchiness, quick turn in of the Serpent, but the Kyosho seems to handle the whoops sections better then mine. It looks like a fat whale, but it drives really nice. Quality is top notch on both, Kyosho is just more expensive.

For servos, the KO Propo RSX Power is hands down the best. It is not cheap, but get the metal case one and even events like PNB won't bother you.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The tekno is your answer for sure if you looking for a race/bash buggy. The kyosho is imo the best buggy for race only And definitely the easiest to setup for different tracks and is a very forgiving ride making me look far better than I am. I don't know about the readyset though.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by symmetricon
The 3.0e and the D812e, IMO have better steering than the eb48 and the Sworkz s350 be1, I owned them all fyi....
what do you mean by "better"?

when I mentioned the steering I only talked about buggies that steer the most, but not necessarily the best

for racing if I had to keep one car only it would be the MP9E TKI
Old 04-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have had a tekno, losi and mugen for buggies. I have raced xrays, sworks, ae, and the others I have already had. The tekno by far was able to make tighter turns on my track then any of the others. MY mugen mbx6 eco does not have the steerting that the tekno has but for me it drives 100% better everywhere else. I just got the new mbx7 eco in hopes that it will be close to the mbx6 eco but more steering and can push it a little more.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101
Hey guys I am in the market for a 1/8 electric buggy to race outdoor and indoor.And no I don/t mean the funny looking e buggy lite sct kits...I am talking about all 1/8!! The kits I was looking at where the TLR 8IGHT E 3.0, Mugen MBX7 ECO race roller,Tekno EB48.2,Durango DEX408 V2 electric buggy, Hot Bodies electric buggy and the Kyosho MP9E TKi ready set rtr. The kit would be used for xtreme racing only both outdoor and indoor.I am looking for something Durable,Fast and with good air control. Electronic wise I need help choosing a servo, motor and esc wise I already know, Tekin RX8 Gen2 and Tekin T8 2050Kv and a 4s lipo. I use to race nitro 1/8 scale but it's to much money for me to much to maintain so now I only bash them not race but I am switching to racing 1/8e buggy and later e truggy.So any help would be sweet!! What do you like about the kits listed above??? Are they good??? Are they durable??? Any impute would would be cool. Thanks guys
I've driven/owned/raced a lot of e-buggies. So, I decided to do my own ratings on them. Nothing scientific, just my opinions. My reviews are all based on running at the same track, which is a large outdoor loose/loamy track with big jumps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

Right now, my favorite is the MBX6 ECO. For motors, my staple is the Tekin 1900kv for buggies.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
I'd go with either the hb d812 or losi 3.0, I own a d812 and is very easy to push hard the rear end stays locked down no matter how hard you push it yet its got tons of steering. I haven't driven the 3.0 but several locals have them (symmetricon) and it looks to be great as well. The eb48 I've heard just gets to upset in the rough blown out tracks.
before i bought my EB48.2 i was worried about how it would handle my dusty, bumpy, blown outdoor track cos a few guys here said something about it not having enough droop. well, my buggy is absolutely amazing on my track. it needed a little tweaking but it has no problem what so ever in such tracks. its a myth.

its really nimble, quick, and fly's really balanced.
and the quality is far better then AE or losi. (specially slop wise)

but, you will probably enjoy whatever kit you choose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.