Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQi transmitter for rustler.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TQi transmitter for rustler.

Hi, I've got a rustler xl-5 and will have a sv2 esc soon and was wondering if the 2.4ghz TQi transmitter would be good? I currently have the 27mhz transmitter. http://bit.ly/1jEy7FA Would this combo be good?

Thanks.

Last edited by Zeraus7; 04-22-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Nothing wrong with the TQi 2.4ghz system. My son is still running one in his Traxxas Rustler. It's a basic system but it works. The only thing I don't like about the Traxxas radios is they can be a pain to program things like EPA, Servo Reverse, Fail Safe, etc...

Something like the Airtronics MT-4 is much eaiser to program and has a bunch of extra features. If you plan to stay in RC one of the first things I would look at is getting a good radio system. I am using the MT-4 now on 4 different buggies/trucks.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yes, the 2.4 TQi radio is much better than the old AM radio.

Go to www.dollarhobbyz.com you can get one from a parted out kit for a very reasonable cost. Just look through all of the models to find the lowest priced one, or if the one for Rustler is out of stock.

The RX from any model will fit in the Ruster.....they're all pretty much interchangeable.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

The old TQ radio that I have is quite frustrating.. It's got that long antenna takes 8 batteries.. Batteries are the worst part. Dollarhobbyz also have an eBay account and that's where I found the transmitter in eBay.