Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with electronics for a roller truggy I just purchased

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with electronics for a roller truggy I just purchased

I just recently bought a team associated rc8t. I do still need to buy the electric conversion for it, but I can't seem to pick a good cheap motor esc combo for it. My problem is finding a motor that directly bolt up to the motor mount. The tekno kit says 42mm so I'm guessing the motor diameter has to be the same size. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. Oh and a good servo would be great too.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A tekin motor slides right in a tekno mount. Protek makes good servos, the 130T is a good choice. My brother runs one along with most of the people at the track and they love them.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its for castle / tekin size motors , "up to" 42 mm . So most any popular system should work. Castle has a new 1/8 system for about 160. Hobbywing has theirs for about 210. Lots of choices out there ...

Hitec 7955 servo , buy it used , its a tank.
I went through 2 pro tek servos and never got an entire lap out of them combined. Seems to be hit or miss
Old 04-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Proteks factory is having some issues right now with quality control on some of there servo models, but they have great customer service and will gladly replace any servos that go out. But as u said the hitecs are also really good servos
Old 04-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would go hobbywing 150a and either their or tekin 2000 motor if you can swing it, I don't like castle stuff whatsoever. The hitec servo suggestion is good but I would go 7954 over 7955. It's the same at 6 volts as the 7955 but u can add a bec to the hobbywing and run it at 7.4v to get up over 400oz of torque it opposed to 333 @ 6v. And I think it was actually 10$ cheaper than the non hv 7955 version. Smc battery.