Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Pro-line Pro-2 Thread (CHECK 1st PAGE FOR FAQs & INFO) >

Pro-line Pro-2 Thread (CHECK 1st PAGE FOR FAQs & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-line Pro-2 Thread (CHECK 1st PAGE FOR FAQs & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to update you guys:

I sent proline a very detailed email and several pictures along with it to show my my dogbone failed on me ... Its been nearly a week and they still havent responded ...

Kind of shocking how carefree their customer support seems to be .. For a customer who picked up 3 kits only a couple of months back .. Not really sure if I will be returning as a customer in the future .. They could have at least responded ...

I guess ill stick to Tekno/Losi etc in the future
Old 09-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I hope the email wasn't placed in a spam folder since you are OCONUS.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mamdot91
Just wanted to update you guys:

I sent proline a very detailed email and several pictures along with it to show my my dogbone failed on me ... Its been nearly a week and they still havent responded ...

Kind of shocking how carefree their customer support seems to be .. For a customer who picked up 3 kits only a couple of months back .. Not really sure if I will be returning as a customer in the future .. They could have at least responded ...

I guess ill stick to Tekno/Losi etc in the future
Originally Posted by WonTonsChicken
I hope the email wasn't placed in a spam folder since you are OCONUS.

Good luck!
I sent a message to some peeps at Proline and they're looking into it. They were closed for the long holiday weekend and may be catching up.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sduffy77
I sent a message to some peeps at Proline and they're looking into it. They were closed for the long holiday weekend and may be catching up.
Appreciate you following up on this. Very nice of you.

They got back to me and should be sending out a replacement part. Thanks again . Still kinda confused how the dogbone failed though ... but maybe it was just a lemon .. Won't judge.

Hoping the kits redeem the initial positive impression I had.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mamdot91
Appreciate you following up on this. Very nice of you.

They got back to me and should be sending out a replacement part. Thanks again . Still kinda confused how the dogbone failed though ... but maybe it was just a lemon .. Won't judge.

Hoping the kits redeem the initial positive impression I had.
Yeah sounds like this the case. I've never seen anything like that before.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a cvd bone snap on me, ended up replacing them with traxxas units.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Little update. Broke a total of 3 stock pro-2 axles at the pin hole for the hex. Jump, land and tire goes flying. Put a pair of of the pro splines on mine cause I've watched my brother first hand beat the crap out of his slash vxl with the same axles on 3s, and he's had no problems since I replaced the one failure. And I have a pro mt that I've beaten pretty well with no problems. 2 batteries into the new axles being on, breaks at the end of the threads instead of the pin hole. Proline was nice enough to send me 4x of the outer axle for the splined axles. Just have to wait till Friday for them to show up.
Attached Thumbnails Pro-line Pro-2 Thread (CHECK 1st PAGE FOR FAQs & INFO)-369.jpg   Pro-line Pro-2 Thread (CHECK 1st PAGE FOR FAQs & INFO)-368.jpg  
Old 11-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder if the MIP race-duty shafts for an electric Rustler will work? The Rustler and Pro Trac rear arms are both 11 mm longer than Slash rear arms, so theoretically the shafts should work. But if memory serves me right, the Proline trans isn't symmetrical from left to right. The race-duties are on closeout for only $30 right now. Might be a stronger option, provided the bones stay in the outdrives on BOTH sides, without adding the "sticktion" of splined shafts. Hmmm
Old 11-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

If rotating mass isn't a concern, the MIP X-Duty splined shafts for an electric Rustler definitely work, and should be bulletproof
Old 12-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quick question for you guys, sorry if it has been asked before...

...will the gear diff from the Pro-Line Performance Transmission (Pro-2) "drop-in" to a stock slash 2WD tranny?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rich Panganiban

...will the gear diff from the Pro-Line Performance Transmission (Pro-2) "drop-in" to a stock slash 2WD tranny?

Thanks!
Slash trans uses 5x11x4mm bearings for the diff. Proline uses 10x16x5mm. Beyond that, I've never measured the dimensions of the Proline diff to see if it would be too wide to fit the Traxxas case. Both trans have a 2.72:1 FDR and the idler gear is interchangable. If I remember correctly, people have used the Proline layshaft in a Traxxas trans also. So the center-to-center distances from the idler gear to the diff ring gear are more than likely the same on both, but I haven't measured to confirm. Not sure if any of this helps, but hopefully it will give you a starting point to work from
Old 12-21-2016, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rich Panganiban

Thanks!
Originally Posted by bubbaslash
Slash trans uses 5x11x4mm bearings for the diff. Proline uses 10x16x5mm. Beyond that, I've never measured the dimensions of the Proline diff to see if it would be too wide to fit the Traxxas case. Both trans have a 2.72:1 FDR and the idler gear is interchangable. If I remember correctly, people have used the Proline layshaft in a Traxxas trans also. So the center-to-center distances from the idler gear to the diff ring gear are more than likely the same on both, but I haven't measured to confirm. Not sure if any of this helps, but hopefully it will give you a starting point to work from
I believe the diff from the Pro2 is wider.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

For those w/CF or aluminum shock towers, how are you liking them? Which are the best? Is anyone running mod 1 gearing? (or) Will 32p be enough for 4s? Does anyone use the Hot Racing TE48X01 bellcrank?

Last edited by Mopar2Ya; 12-23-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Brand name swap, from Associated to Pro-Line.

Bought the Pro-2 SC a day after Tower Hobbies sold out. I have been waiting for a while now, and am going a little stir crazy waiting for them to come in stock!!! I love Traxxas and decided I wanted to play racing car's, hence me buying the SC5M, SC10.2FT, T5M, B6. I am currently selling them all. I am going to be running the Pro-2 SC on the rug and asphalt racing tracks. I will be running the castle creations SCT 1410 1Y 3'800KV, SV3 combo. Savox 1258TG servo, Pinpoint Z3 tires on the rug. S1 compound tires on the asphalt. I will internally lower the F-R shocks 5MM to start with, 100K in the diff, 25W to 50W silicone depending on the temperature of the track. Going to swap out the stock spur gear for the Associated Kimbrough style. Possibly pull off a few speed run passes, not till next spring though... I am pretty sure that I will be able to out run my favorite SC10.2FT with the Pro-2 SC!!! Because it has a better front to back weight bias. Or at least I am going to try it. After looking on Google for the Pro-2 SC and finding this "rctech", I'm pretty happy to see this post and all 74 page's!!! Now to start reading from page #1 I am going to be chasing everything I come across on the track, F.P.V. style and will try to keep up with them all, or out run them all. We'll see...

Last edited by AWESOME KONG; 12-26-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Didn't proof read close enough ;)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.