R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy
Default OS Vspec Tuned pipe

Can anyone tell me whats a good pipe to run with a os vspec??? i was thinking of gettting a jammin jp1 im not sure if this is a bottom or top end motor, and i dont wanna kick out $125.00 for the os 2050 inline unless i really have too. any information will be help.
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Tech Regular

well it doesnt matter if its a bottom or top end motor but what track you are racing or what type of bashing you wil do as for the jp1 its a awosome pipe and if you are racing on a tight track it would do since you want bottom end torque and not going for speed if you just bashing maybe get the jp2 will give you more top end so again its not the motor but what type of driving you would be doing
mgtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:50 AM   #3
Tech Regular

you DO need to match pipes to the engines despite what some people will tell you
apparently the OS 2050 is THE pipe for the V-spec but due to it not having the EFRA marking we can't use it for major events in Europe so those in the know are using a Eureka pipe (can't remember the exact model number though, will post back) which apparently gives the same smooth power delivery & excellent economy but also gives a little more top end ( so i've been told by UK Champ Jon Hazlewood )
Old 08-14-2005, 08:37 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy

thanks for the information. i have a ofna 63 and a ofna 86 that i used on my rb ws7II and the 63 gave it great bottom end. i think the jp1 is compaired to a 63 .
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
Tech Regular

the pipe that the JP1 is closest to in dimensions & performance is the Picco 069 pipe! its a way bigger longer pipe design than most of the Novarossi based engine pipe designs like the 9863,9853 & 9886 to name the 3 most popular types!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
Tech Regular

I use a JP-2 on my P-5 and i just got a 053,I know a JP-2 also works good on a V-Spec though.It would be best to get the 2050 since it was designed for the v-spec.You can go on e-bay and find a 2050 a lot cheaper,My dad uses one on his Collari and he got it for $60-70 bucks an it still looked new.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

I have the JP-1 on my Vspec and I have to say it works really well. I am not sure if it would be worth it to get the 2050. Any comments if it would be worth spending the extra 80 or so bux?
Shaun P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

about the 2050 pipe, i know 3 guys that used that pipe on their v specs; 2 of them blew up because the pressure fitting on the pipe failed and leaned out the engine. the third guy caught his just before it popped. OS instructs 2050 owners to JB weld the pressure fitting so they must know there is something wrong with the pipe. the three guys all got new pipes from OS for their troubles but i'm not sure about their engines a top end pipe is the way to go with a v spec because that thing is a stump puller!
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #9
Tech Regular

the insrtuctions you get with the 2050 TELL you to seal up the pressure fitting with some epoxy or something similar
most peoples only gripe with that pipe is that you need to do a small amount of assembly with it as the pressure nipple isn't soldered in from the factory!
i've had Novarossi pipes before that have had a blocked pressure nipple from new & this would have caused problems if i'd run it like that!
in general a short pipe with a short header would be considered a topend pipe & the 2050 is possibly the shortest pipe i've got, strongest too
Old 08-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #10
Tech Regular

just been & found out the number of the Eureka pipe that all the top UK guys are using on their V-specs!
apparently its the Eureka 2027 in the UK but in the US its the same as the OFNA PCP pipe so i've been told (we don't even see those in the UK)
hope this helps
Old 11-21-2006, 04:47 AM   #11
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hi guys, i heard the Jammin JP3 pipe is very similar to the OS 2050T pipe...is that true? So if i choose not to use OS pipes like the 2050T or the 2060T..is the Jammin JP3 a good choice or are there other pipes that'll perform like the 2050T but gives slightly more top end? Thanks guys...

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Both the Jp1 and Jp2 work very well with teV-spec. The Jp3 is more similar to the 2060 pipe. THey are both 3 chamber pipes where the Jp1 and 2 and 2050 are 2 chamber pipes. The OS pipes are known to be the ideal choices for the engine but the real benefit of them is slightly better fuel mileage. Factory driver Chad Bradley chooses the Jp1 and 2 over the OS pipes for what it's worth.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
Both the Jp1 and Jp2 work very well with teV-spec. The Jp3 is more similar to the 2060 pipe. THey are both 3 chamber pipes where the Jp1 and 2 and 2050 are 2 chamber pipes. The OS pipes are known to be the ideal choices for the engine but the real benefit of them is slightly better fuel mileage. Factory driver Chad Bradley chooses the Jp1 and 2 over the OS pipes for what it's worth.

Thanks for the advice..but i've seen a couple of OS Vspec engines with JP1 pipes, there seems to be a severe lack of top end...wasnt too impressed with the performance...don't know about the JP2 and JP3 though...the JP1 works really well with a P5, but with a Vspec...it did'nt rip...

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Old 11-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Could be the tune. I have seen JP1's on v-specs run very well. Top end was strong on each of them. Chad B. runs the JP1 on his truggy engine and Jp2 on buggy from what I understand. I have a racing buddy that swears by the JP3 and runs it on a P5x and a Radical 621p (same as OPS). Smooth power and top end for days.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
Could be the tune. I have seen JP1's on v-specs run very well. Top end was strong on each of them. Chad B. runs the JP1 on his truggy engine and Jp2 on buggy from what I understand. I have a racing buddy that swears by the JP3 and runs it on a P5x and a Radical 621p (same as OPS). Smooth power and top end for days.

Thanks for taking the time to explain..i might give the JP2 or the JP3 a try...will still be keeping my options open though