R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #226
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Hi Raman, very nice Tomahawk! I just happened to get a Scorpion I've almost completed the build. I have the lights buckets set, too. I have a hobbywing 10.5, maybe a bit overpowered.. also have wheel hexes just in case. And universals.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #227
Tech Elite
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 2,694
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
the factory puts some grease.. so I changed it to fluid.. don't recall the weight
Did you do anything to prevent fluid loss, or is there no issue. I purchase a roller for my son, and am trying to get everything in place for Christmas.
__________________
->The Free Shipping I offer is for CONUS only, if you want to buy something I am selling from out of Country, then you will have to pay regular shipping!

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 12-13-2016 at 05:45 AM. Reason: grammar
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:45 AM   #228
Tech Elite
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 2,694
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Has anyone used the CRP Wheel adapters to mount Tamiya Tires? If so did you use the ones for the RC10 to Tamiya?
__________________
->The Free Shipping I offer is for CONUS only, if you want to buy something I am selling from out of Country, then you will have to pay regular shipping!
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #229
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,305
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Hi Raman, very nice Tomahawk! I just happened to get a Scorpion I've almost completed the build. I have the lights buckets set, too. I have a hobbywing 10.5, maybe a bit overpowered.. also have wheel hexes just in case. And universals.
Hi Mika,

LONG time my friend. I have both the Scorpion and Tomahawk. Built both with HG shocks and universals as well. The scorpion has a Lemans 240 motor, just like I had back in the 80s. The Tomahawk has a 17.5. I also have the optima, that one has big bore shocks from RB6 and. 13.5. No universals on that one.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:00 PM   #230
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,305
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Has anyone used the CRP Wheel adapters to mount Tamiya Tires? If so did you use the ones for the RC10 to Tamiya?
I haven't played with the CRP adapters. Since I have the SRBs, I can test those on the Scorpion of you want and let you know if they work on the re-re
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #231
Tech Elite
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 2,694
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I haven't played with the CRP adapters. Since I have the SRBs, I can test those on the Scorpion of you want and let you know if they work on the re-re
That would be awesome, I am trying to be able to mount some Tamiya paddles, for the beach. I think that would be a bit more fun for my son.
__________________
->The Free Shipping I offer is for CONUS only, if you want to buy something I am selling from out of Country, then you will have to pay regular shipping!
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:44 AM   #232
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Hi Mika,

LONG time my friend. I have both the Scorpion and Tomahawk. Built both with HG shocks and universals as well. The scorpion has a Lemans 240 motor, just like I had back in the 80s. The Tomahawk has a 17.5. I also have the optima, that one has big bore shocks from RB6 and. 13.5. No universals on that one.
Hi Raman, indeed!
Awesome! I love to run the Scorpion, so far have only that one.. but a collection like yours would be great!
HG shocks sound good, it seems that the stock ones are popping the caps off if not very tightly secured.
Unis and hexes are waiting for the Kyosho 2.2" rims to become available here for the complete install. It seems the 10.5 works very well on the car, it's fast

REALLY great that Kyosho came out with these series. Their new models aren't this interesting at all.

Cheers
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #233
Tech Adept
 
hugemika79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Thorneside QLD
Posts: 201
Default Kyosho Beetle re-release

Was browsing the forum and came across this thread.
Here is a pic of my Beetle that was taken by scottnopics at the Offroad Vintage Track at Boondall Qld Australia.

These buggies get around our track very well for a vintage platform. One of my finest/favorite rc vehicles here.
hugemika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #234
Tech Elite
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 2,694
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Thats a.sweet beetle. what motor do you run? Have you tried the new soft tires?

So given the turbo scorpion has 2.2 wheels and Proline had the 2.2 paddles for buggy, I may have to get a set together for my son to run at the beach.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/....2-sand-tires/
__________________
->The Free Shipping I offer is for CONUS only, if you want to buy something I am selling from out of Country, then you will have to pay regular shipping!
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #235
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Very nice beetle!
Here's a short vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXyzv176E5E

__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #236
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,305
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
That would be awesome, I am trying to be able to mount some Tamiya paddles, for the beach. I think that would be a bit more fun for my son.
I haven't forgotten about you, I was about to test it out and was dragged away by the wife lol..
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:53 PM   #237
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,305
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Very nice beetle!
Here's a short vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXyzv176E5E

Drone up top filming the Scorpion! Love it, awesome!

I wish we had snow here in Vegas.. I don't get to run my vintage stuff here much.. It's all rock! Yes rock, not sand like everyone imagines the desert to be.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #238
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Thanks bro! Oh, indeed thought there's sand in Vegas (never been). I broke my rear shock so the shooting ended earlier than expected but we try to get better quality now that I have a better radio, too, the Futaba T3PV. Seems nice. I actually had old 27mhz Sanwa there at the tim of the shooting with a broken antenna on car so the distance was limited.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #239
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,305
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Did you do anything to prevent fluid loss, or is there no issue. I purchase a roller for my son, and am trying to get everything in place for Christmas.
I believe it has a gasket. It's supposed to be the same diff that is in the RB6
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:04 AM   #240
Tech Adept
 
hugemika79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Thorneside QLD
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Thats a.sweet beetle. what motor do you run? Have you tried the new soft tires?

So given the turbo scorpion has 2.2 wheels and Proline had the 2.2 paddles for buggy, I may have to get a set together for my son to run at the beach.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/....2-sand-tires/

Here is the motor im running in my Beetle. I am just using the kit tires.
If i can get some 2.2 wheels to fit the axles i will glue up some proline blockades. Blockades seem to work best on our loose track.
hugemika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net