Wiki Posts
Search

2014 ROAR 1/8th Electric and 4WD SC Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Liverc streamed the race last year so I would check there. I heard that one of the triples was changed because of to many cars breaking and esc's giving out; even a report of a esc going up in flames. One thing I will say about this track it definitely punishes you for your mistakes.
Nothing on LiveRc as of yet,

Might be a little too early for them to be there yet.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The track is awesome, Dakota is tearing it up.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Any videos?
Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRRC
Any videos?
I don't have any. I'll try to get some tomorrow with my gopro, if I'm not marshaling...
Old 05-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does ROAR not have anyone to cover a race? There is not one picture, video ... NOTHING on the ROAR website. Seems to me that a ROAR race should have some ROAR folks taking a few pics and talkin' up the race then maybe next year more racers will show up.

Just my .02 and why I didn't renew my ROAR membership. I don't need someone to tell me what kind of motor I can use for a race no-one attends.

Dennis
Old 05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustyfingers
Does ROAR not have anyone to cover a race? There is not one picture, video ... NOTHING on the ROAR website. Seems to me that a ROAR race should have some ROAR folks taking a few pics and talkin' up the race then maybe next year more racers will show up.

Just my .02 and why I didn't renew my ROAR membership. I don't need someone to tell me what kind of motor I can use for a race no-one attends.

Dennis
For a race that no one attends you sure are interested in seeing photos and coverage of it. ROAR has an agreement with liverc for all media coverage. They usually have 4 people on site. A race director, score keeper and two technical inspectors. If they had more people who paid memberships then maybe they could send their own media person. ROAR has always had motor rules and you seemed to sign up when they were there then. I am a regional director and have been to several nationals as part of the RMT team as well as part of the executive committee at one time.No matter how good any ROAR event goes, people will always continue to give them a black eye. Many things ROAR does goes well beyond what may seem like a simple decision to most of us.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

I heard liverc couldn't attend due to a family emergency with the guys going.. it was a last minute cancel.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

I'll definitely get vids for the mains, but I won't be able to post em monday....
Old 05-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rickster
I heard liverc couldn't attend due to a family emergency with the guys going.. it was a last minute cancel.
Appears so. Information about ROAR 1:8 Electric Off-Road Nats Broadcast
Old 05-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

damn i would love to watch some videos of this!!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Bring this event back to the east coast, they obviously aren't gonna come close to the numbers so bring it back to the place everyone races electric.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
Bring this event back to the east coast, they obviously aren't gonna come close to the numbers so bring it back to the place everyone races electric.
+1. The northeast or Midwest, where the class was born! And later in the year, towards the end of the outdoor season. Case in point, this race was at LCRC last year, in the middle of PA, at the beginning of August. Nearly ideal location, geographically speaking, and pretty good time of year. Shame there was some silly big1/10th scale buggy race the following weekend on the left coast, that kept some people from attending the awesomeness.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can't really say why the event did not get a bigger turn out. It just shocks me because in south Texas there is no such thing as indoor season. Guys race outdoors all year long and there are pretty big turn outs. The nitro nationals last year had a great turn out, I thought electric would have done the same. Now I have talked to a few guys across the US and a lot of them said because the electric nationals and nitro nationals are both in Texas, plus a little over a month apart. They said it made more sense to do just one race and nitro was the preferred over electric.

So be it what it is two major 1/8 events in the same state in a short period of time, one race being held while school is still going on. There is a lot that could be looked at as why this race will definitely be viewed as a disappointment in the terms of entries.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Look at what has gone on in the last month. Neo race silver state and the nationals are a month away. Roar does not seem to understand racing schedules for factory teams or the regular Joe. Its been the same story for years. The main thing is why should I attend a roar race? I know a lot of people feel they don't mean as much as they did in the past. Its over priced and over regulated by the older generation of races who lost touch with what people want. Plain and simple. Neo and the dirt challenge mean way more than this club race. Nobody in roar seems to care as much as single event organizers. If you want to fix it why not make it a panel of race organizers. Scotty joey jimmy etc. One true race organizer with past success from each block of the country setting out to put on a race that truly represents what the consumers want. Roar has turned into the worst parts of formula one mixed with golf.......
Old 05-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brollywood
Look at what has gone on in the last month. Neo race silver state and the nationals are a month away. Roar does not seem to understand racing schedules for factory teams or the regular Joe. Its been the same story for years. The main thing is why should I attend a roar race? I know a lot of people feel they don't mean as much as they did in the past. Its over priced and over regulated by the older generation of races who lost touch with what people want. Plain and simple. Neo and the dirt challenge mean way more than this club race. Nobody in roar seems to care as much as single event organizers. If you want to fix it why not make it a panel of race organizers. Scotty joey jimmy etc. One true race organizer with past success from each block of the country setting out to put on a race that truly represents what the consumers want. Roar has turned into the worst parts of formula one mixed with golf.......
Well put! I have no desire to attend a roar event do to the price and their seriously outdated rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.