Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy >

Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy

Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy

Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I uploaded an exploded view, part listings and some assembly instructions for the E801GT in this thread. The GT is very similar to this buggy.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Let the problems begin?

Upon closer inspection, I see a couple of things that need addressing. In my excitement of a new car my critical eye missed some things.

The biggest issue is the the rear center shaft pin. Looks like there was a problem with pressing the pin in. Part of the pin is snapped off and the shaft has a slight wobble to it. I went on the Speedpower site and looked for some contact info. I now see when available they have a IM service, quickly told them the issue,some pics and an email were sent. The following day I got a response saying they were sending out a new shaft. I was happy to see that while on the site I see there is a large inventory of parts for this car now. Pretty much gives me the green light to let it rip out on the track.

The other thing I noticed is in the steering going to full lock there is some rubbing. This may not be an issue at all, not sure if I would ever run the front at full droop. When the static weight of the roller is resting on the wheels it goes lock to lock with no rubbing. The buggy is shipped with the droop screws just started in the arms, arms are resting on the chassis at full droop. The contact point looks to be the aluminum steering knuckle hitting the lower arm.

My Speedpower 4s battery looks like it will be an issue with this buggy. I thought it was standard size until I went to put it in the battery tray and it is too long. I have had this pack sitting around for a little while now, so not sure what I will do. Simple enough to cut the tray and let it stick out a bit. The pack's height and width are about a mm or so wider than a standard pack, the length is about an inch longer. This is obviously not a buggy issue but an equipment one.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy-20140501_144202.jpg   Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy-20140501_144620.jpg   Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy-20140517_094720.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rimracker View Post
Let the problems begin?

Upon closer inspection, I see a couple of things that need addressing. In my excitement of a new car my critical eye missed some things.

The biggest issue is the the rear center shaft pin. Looks like there was a problem with pressing the pin in. Part of the pin is snapped off and the shaft has a slight wobble to it. I went on the Speedpower site and looked for some contact info. I now see when available they have a IM service, quickly told them the issue,some pics and an email were sent. The following day I got a response saying they were sending out a new shaft. I was happy to see that while on the site I see there is a large inventory of parts for this car now. Pretty much gives me the green light to let it rip out on the track.

The other thing I noticed is in the steering going to full lock there is some rubbing. This may not be an issue at all, not sure if I would ever run the front at full droop. When the static weight of the roller is resting on the wheels it goes lock to lock with no rubbing. The buggy is shipped with the droop screws just started in the arms, arms are resting on the chassis at full droop. The contact point looks to be the aluminum steering knuckle hitting the lower arm.

My Speedpower 4s battery looks like it will be an issue with this buggy. I thought it was standard size until I went to put it in the battery tray and it is too long. I have had this pack sitting around for a little while now, so not sure what I will do. Simple enough to cut the tray and let it stick out a bit. The pack's height and width are about a mm or so wider than a standard pack, the length is about an inch longer. This is obviously not a buggy issue but an equipment one.
Glad it it was taken care of quickly. Let us/me know if you have any problem and we will work with you to get it solved.

Is that a pretty old Speed Power 4s? I know we currently do not sell any 4s packs so I was just wondering. If it's the only pack you have than maybe cut the battery tray.

There really isn't a time in bashing or racing where we would run with full droop. They just ship the buggies that way. If you look closely at the front arms there's a notch on the top/rear part that the steering knuckles settle into. If the droops are backed all the way out you only need a few millimeters screwed in to see how the knuckle recesses into the notch.

---

Hoping to jet out to a local "bashing" track to get some video and fun tomorrow

Last edited by Nexus; 05-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wanna see this thing in action. Someone should post a vid.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stascom View Post
I will be at the track this weekend with my 801GT. If they let me I'll see if I can get some laps with my 801B on the offroad track.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stascom View Post
We shot some video and did some awesome "durability testing" this weekend :P I'll be downloading the video and try to put something up on YouTube.

I crashed over a quad multiple times and broke nothing
Attached Thumbnails Speed Power E801 1/8 EP Pro Buggy-img_20140525_123337095.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what other car parts fit this buggy?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

I have never tried any other brand parts to see what might fit.