Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated SC10 RS question about swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Team Associated SC10 RS question about swaybars

EDIT: I found 9635 for rear sway. It's a different part and the website shows it for the SC10 RS RTR but it doesn't show anything for front sway bar. There is a front sway bar 91123 for the SC10 4x4 but does anyone know if it will fit the SC10 RS RTR?

Summary: Do I need front, rear, or both sway bars to make this thing handle better?

Long Story: What the hell happened to my hobby? Back in the day there were buggies, stadium trucks, and monster trucks. Scale was something you might do with an on-road car.

I wanted a modern replacement (that I can buy parts for) for my Losi XXX-T but I wanted to try one of these SC trucks I've been reading about which is all the rage so I bought an SC10 RS instead of the RC10T. I figured it was a more demure and scale looking RC10. BOY WAS I WRONG.

This thing IS HUGE. It's like 1/8th scale. The body alone is so large I could fit my entire RC104.2 inside it wheels and all.

It could eat my XXX-T and not even get hiccups.

I just got it tonight and only had 20 min before sunset but I noticed one thing immediately while driving, it likes to dig into a turn and just keep on turning whether you want to turn or not. I think it's got a serious need for swaybar.

My question is I found 2 swaybar kits for it on Amazon, both $15, one for the front and one for the rear, do I need front, rear, or both?

Also is there a special model I need? I searched for SC10 RS swaybar and it came back with 91124 for the rear and 91123 for the front.

Last edited by kodack10; 03-28-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, so swaybars are good for onroad, but not really for off road. That's because if the front left wheel bounces up when you hit a bump, the front right wheel will bounce up too, causing your truck to go off balance. But if you're going around a corner while on road, you want the lowest possible center of gravity, and swaybars are good for doing just that. If you will mostly drive on road, get both front and rear swaybars. If you want to drive on a track, get them for the rear only. Generally, the back of an rc car is heavier, meaning it is probably going to go off balance more. The lighter front end will not lean and sway as much as the back does. This is all generally speaking, not specifics for an sc10. As for the part number of those specific swaybars, I would assume they would. They are almost identical trucks, and the suspension possision relative to each other should be the same. But there is only one way to find out......
Old 03-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...highlight=SC10

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html