Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

went shopping today for a servo, Found one.. yah
Old 06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

I couldn't help it and finished all the electronics in it today..
Old 06-28-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

V3 is now all setup and ready for testing..

Old 07-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

I finally got to run the truck again yesterday, after a LONG 1.5 month break. In that time I made a few changes to my truck. I finally decided to put the ball diff in after only ever running a gear diff in it. I got the emulsion shock caps and hardware (thanks CRP!) and I got the new brass RF arm holder from Hobby Pro. Yesterday was REALLY hot as it's been for the last week here, and the track, while very smooth, was very dry and dusty. I ran super soft Panter Raptors in the rear and JC Carvers up front. For some reason reason it never crossed my mind to buy a set of regular soft tires so needless to say the set of Raptors I ran yesterday are toast! Despite that, I had a really good day. It was the 3rd points race of the year and we had 7 ST's yesterday. The 3 rounds of quals were ran in the daytime heat and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the truck stuck to the track (I am running mid-motor). I was able to TQ and my laptimes were way better than I expected they were gonna be. The mains were run at night and while they did water beforehand it was so dry and hot that the track didn't hold as much moisture as usual. We usually switch to bar-style tires at night and I went with SS Dirt Webs, which worked great the last time, however this time they were not good at all. I led the first 2 laps of the main then mad a mistake and lost the lead. I was sliding all over the place and couldn't keep up with the leader. Since it was a points race I went into safe mode and made sure I came in 2nd, which I did. Still lovin' this truck!!
Old 07-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
I finally got to run the truck again yesterday, after a LONG 1.5 month break. In that time I made a few changes to my truck. I finally decided to put the ball diff in after only ever running a gear diff in it. I got the emulsion shock caps and hardware (thanks CRP!) and I got the new brass RF arm holder from Hobby Pro. Yesterday was REALLY hot as it's been for the last week here, and the track, while very smooth, was very dry and dusty. I ran super soft Panter Raptors in the rear and JC Carvers up front. For some reason reason it never crossed my mind to buy a set of regular soft tires so needless to say the set of Raptors I ran yesterday are toast! Despite that, I had a really good day. It was the 3rd points race of the year and we had 7 ST's yesterday. The 3 rounds of quals were ran in the daytime heat and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the truck stuck to the track (I am running mid-motor). I was able to TQ and my laptimes were way better than I expected they were gonna be. The mains were run at night and while they did water beforehand it was so dry and hot that the track didn't hold as much moisture as usual. We usually switch to bar-style tires at night and I went with SS Dirt Webs, which worked great the last time, however this time they were not good at all. I led the first 2 laps of the main then mad a mistake and lost the lead. I was sliding all over the place and couldn't keep up with the leader. Since it was a points race I went into safe mode and made sure I came in 2nd, which I did. Still lovin' this truck!!
NICE
Old 08-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

What's a good starting point for gearing for stock 17.5 stadium truck?
Old 08-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default St1 gearing

It depends on track of course. But I usually start around 75/28.
If you have a buggy or other ppl to go off of ask around... check heat after 3 mins and adj...
Old 11-25-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgerber
Nope. There are two chassis and the bulkhead to match. The chassis you have has a 15deg kickup and has a corresponding bulkhead (which you are using). These came with the original S1 and the first version of the V2. The stock chassis for the st and the s1 v2 2014 edition has a 25deg kickup, has a corresponding bulkhead. The sidepods do not affect which bulkhead you use only the chassis does.

I would think with lower caster on the older chassis would give the car more steering and might work really well on high bite tracks. This might be a good tuning option. I can see why they changed it originally with rear motor configuration on loose tracks to 25 degrees. However, for high bit tracks with MM configuration, I would go with 15 degrees of caster as long as the track was fairly smooth and traction was higher like when running on high bite clay. Lower caster is going to provide more tire contact in corners resulting in more steering! Or just throwing it out there, PR might want to come out with some C hubs with different caster angles like some other manufactures. It would be cheaper to have C hub options than have to change the whole chassis.

Might pick up a truck today! I have the PR SB401 and think the truck would be another fun class to run.

For stock gearing 17.5t, I would go with a 69 or 72 spur. 75 is good for 13.5t. That on buggy. Not sure if Truck would be a tad different with tire diameter.

What parts are needed for laydown tranny to convert to V3. V2 MM option might be the way to go unless you are running on carpet. Will have to see once I get the truck. I run on high bite clay.

Last edited by invrtd; 11-25-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Answered my own question on caster. http://www.bellgatedistributors.com/...itional-caster
Old 11-25-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yep, there are 0deg, 3deg, 4deg, and 5deg caster blocks available.
I agree on the chassis as a tuning option for the V2 based lines. It would be a cool option for the new V3mm chassis, ie a different front plate with less kickup for the smooth high bite/carpet astro scenarios.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

I bought king zulu's st1 with the 15deg chassis, and was wondering if the v3mm trans will work with it? And curious about fm trans too?
Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

And is the pro steering block really worth it? Is it stronger than the original too?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ZX, first you might want to upgrade to the 25 deg chassis (unless you run on carpet and want the extra steering). As for the V3mm trans, I think it is a distinct possibility that it does fit. The over all shape of the trans is very similar to the V2 (just a 3 gear). More than likely you would be able to use the stock v2 waterfall as well with minimal mods if any at all. The FM trans is a different animal that would require drilling into the chassis.
Yes the pro steering block are worth it on the truck. They really are an upgrade in durability over the stock blocks on the trucks with added benefit of additional akerman adjustments.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

OK good cus the stock steering block broke on lap 2 of its maiden run with me, and was not very pleased! Wasnt even a hard landing and just snap..and of course the day before I put a order in for some up grades and debated about the pro steering set but didn't end up getting them...but local track indoor high bite clay usually pretty smooth but this last rebuild it's got more dips and bumps in it...but thanks to caster racing plus I was able to get aluminum caster blocks, aluminum +5mm lower swing arm mount, carbon rear tower, and front bulk head for cheap...I wouldn't have been able to afford those parts otherwise
Old 02-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Anybody know what size of Ballstud is needed to screw into the pro steering block? Cus the one I took out of the stock steering block won't screw into the carbonfiber cus the hole is bigger than the ballstud...and with the brass back bumper anybody know what screws to use with it? It didn't come with any and the extra screws I have are little bit to long and the head sticks out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.