R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-04-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g
Default FT T4 or MF2???

im looking to upgrade from my T3 to either a T4 or a MF2. i liked a t4 when i drove it the other day but idk which is better. im not a losi person so id like to stay AE, but if itll win me races ill go with a losi.
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to smaxxman

110% losi mf2....all of my racing buddies sold there t4'r for mf2s
smaxxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
Tech Master

HeY!!!

the T4 and the MF2 are both great trucks.... i personally like the T4 betta then the MF2.... yet again MF2 is based off the BK2, and T4 is based off B4..... they are both capable of winning you alot of races, just as long as you put the time and effort into it... or you can go with the most popular truck in your area for easy access to help.... what ever your decision is good luck and i hope you like it...

LaTa JoSh
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

MF duece....

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 01:53 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MF2 all the way
grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #6
Tech Adept

mf2-no way---stay with associated,much better customer support and better cars.
wothrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:20 AM   #7
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Mate, you'll never get a clear answer from anyone. Both cars are too close in comp to tell which one is better.

Like you said, you are an AE man so go with the T4. Im a Losi man so im not taking any sides here.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #8
Tech Elite

I this thread is pointless.....it's like engine break-in procedures. You ask 30 guys how they break in their engine and you'll get 30 different answers.

From a general standpoint....AE's tend to be a SKOSH tougher and better on rough tracks....LOSI's tend to be a TAD on the fragile side....but faster on smooth indoor tracks.

BUT....both cars are fully capeable of running/winning anywhere and on any surface. The best thing you can do is go to your track and ask which car is most popular as that is the one with the most support.

I'm partial to LOSI cars....they feel more precise and quick. But I race on an indoor smoothe as glass clay track. 9/10 cars in my class on any given race day are losi cars.

Now, you move outdoors and you'll probably see an AE increase....but still 6/4 on the losi side.

Don't think that the winning car is the best one. Just because CAVALERI is running for AE and winning with AE cars all over the place doesn't mean that LOSI's blow all the sudden....cuz guess what, when Cavaleri was running for Losi...he was just as dominent. In the end, it comes down to the driver and the feel you're looking for.

AE's are more stable
Losi's are more nimble.

I hope this helps you out a little.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 08-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR 85
they are both capable of winning you alot of races, just as long as you put the time and effort into it... or you can go with the most popular truck in your area for easy access to help
This is the best response I have ever heard. The parts source & getting help is the best. You gotta put time into something to get the best results. If you don't then don't expect the best results. If you like associated stick with it unless your looking to try something new. I have always had associated rc's & have loved them. Lately I have been thinking about getting a matt francis 2. The parts I like about losi is they throw all the bells & whistles into one rc. With associated it sucks having to choose. Basic, team, factory team. Many people know the factory team is the best. When it comes to a newbie to the hobby they will have to learn. Confusing a newbie might cause them to change there mind. I have seen both trucks take a beating & both break just as easy. Follow what your heart is telling you to do. Asking what is better will lead to a war.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #10
Tech Master

HeY!!!

wicked wayz- thanx for likin my response... i just thought it was most simplistic way of sayin what to get.. and ae does that team kit, and ft kit for a reason weather you just want to get into it to keep cost down and u can upgrade it at your pace, and then you can decide if you wanna get it all at once... i think its a good way to make the kits losi should think about it.... but hey they'll do what they think is right...

and again good luck w/ the decision you make either way is a great choice, both are outstandin trucks... and this is comin from someone who drove both.

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

I know why they do it but at the same time don't. I think it is some what of a hassle for a newbie. I am a person that pretty much hates ready to run vehicles. I got into this hobby to build my vehicle & see if I did a good job. I know this is gonna sound really weird seeing as I am only 23. When I was a kid there was no ready to run vehicles that I can remember. You had to buy all the gear seperate & learn how to build & maintain everything. Sometimes you would find a combo with everything included. That combo wouldn't be all put together for you. I have bought ready to run vehicles(traxxas) when I haven't seen any regular kits. I still get confused with all these different things, maybe I am a newb still LOL. Almost fourteen years being in this hobby & I call myself a newb.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #12
Tech Master

HeY!!!

yeah i personally rtr wont do much for ya except keep cost down, cuz when they break em i got people comin into the lhs i work at askin me to fix em and i will for first few times, then i start to tell them how to do it cuz i wont be there all the time to fix it for them... but i love buildin kits... its the best way to get to know the vehicle and will know exactly how to fix it or switch something out... yet again just my $0.02....

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My gt in 1994 bone stock with no electronics--close to $400.00

New rtr these days everything but fuel--$270.00

I like seeing the new people that get into the hobby b/c it's now more affordable.

I'm an AE fan myself, but right now the only thing keeps me from going losi is I have too many spare parts and too many mounted tires. I guess I like em both even though I've never drivin a losi. haha.

mafiaracers -- You think this thread is pointless? Don't you still reply in the where's waldo thread now and then?? lol
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #14
Tech Master

HeY!!!

oohhhhhh...... mafiaracers was just burned by jbrow1... lol
Old 08-07-2005, 01:13 AM   #15
Tech Elite

I'm always looking for tips....I don't know everything. That's just my general consensis from what I've experienced, heard and learned. Waldo and every Pro are still my mentors....

It's all good....

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com