R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I was just kiddin with mafia. I still reply in there myself.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

well ive made my desicion. im buying a mf2. it is cheap, so if i dont like it i can make a profit on it. but i have decided from advice from many people and it will better fit my driving style. i once owned a t4 but quickly sold it b/c i didnt like the feel compared to my t3. i just hope i like the mf2...
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado11g
i once owned a t4 but quickly sold it b/c i didnt like the feel compared to my t3. ...

i can agree with that...i used to have a t3 and when the xxx series of cars and trucks came out i went losi...then went back to associated when the 4 series came out...just got a t4 and dont like it like i used to like my t3....thinking of going back to the losi honestly.
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #19
Tech Master

HeY!!!!

i'm sure that ull like it alot... not tryin to be a pest or nething, but it will just get betta by you makin changes and keepin it in tip top form... good luck and go get em....

LaTa JoSh
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #20
Tech Addict

josh-thanks,i know that,been racing a long time and go to a ton of big races,and have great results.i am just saying,as of right now i liked my t3 a lot better
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #21
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Hmmmm... thats weird i love my T4 compared to the T3... i think its so much smoother, and all that... hey w/e though i geuss as long as you having fun thats all that matters... so what races do you plan on goin to this yr.???

LaTA
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #22
Tech Addict

this year is going to be tough because of work....i am going to try and get to the reedy truck race though.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
im looking to upgrade from my T3 to either a T4 or a MF2. i liked a t4 when i drove it the other day but idk which is better. im not a losi person so id like to stay AE, but if itll win me races ill go with a losi.
I see you are in Michigan were do you plan to do some racing? The good thing is you have a good group of guys in the area that drive AE and Losi. Personally I like AE
nwilcox88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #24
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

well yesterday i raced the borrowed t4 again. by the end of the day i was royally pissed off. in the 1st heat the cvd fell right out... in the 2nd heat i tapped a wall and off wnet the left wheel. by this time i had qualified dead last in the B main. in the race i got into 1st place on the 2nd lap and then after about 10 laps of racing i had a lap and a half on the rest of the cars. but my motor decided to die. a horrible end to a horrible day... better luck with the mf2 next week
Old 08-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Quote:
well yesterday i raced the borrowed t4 again. by the end of the day i was royally pissed off. in the 1st heat the cvd fell right out... in the 2nd heat i tapped a wall and off wnet the left wheel. by this time i had qualified dead last in the B main. in the race i got into 1st place on the 2nd lap and then after about 10 laps of racing i had a lap and a half on the rest of the cars. but my motor decided to die. a horrible end to a horrible day... better luck with the mf2 next week
That is all part of racing, For some reason I dont think the wheel falling of was becasue it was a T4. By chance were you racing at the Tuesday night race at Dirtburner's?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #26
Tech Master

yes sir, the wheel went off with the rest of the front left arm . but i was just in awe watching some of the losi's going aroud the track. they look so nimble compared to the AE (even though an 8 year old with a T4 won ).
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
yes sir, the wheel went off with the rest of the front left arm . but i was just in awe watching some of the losi's going aroud the track. they look so nimble compared to the AE (even though an 8 year old with a T4 won ).
That is not your average 8 year old, Dakotah is a fast driver and the scary part he is only getting faster.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #28
Tech Master

ya i know it
Old 08-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

DADO,

a wheel falling off has nothing to do with AE or Losi, it was the driver and the preperation of the truck prior to the race. please dont make the mistake and think that the losi will be more durable, it wont, in some cases it could be said that its more brittle. as for more nimble on a track? as for which is better??? that topic is like beating a dead horse. niether is better than the other, just different. they will feel differently based on driving style, but thats it.

also keep in mind that 3months ago, AE was the majority, when Al switched to losi soo did a lottttt of people, including myself

good luck with the losi
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #30
Tech Master

ya i know the wheel was my fault, but i hate how they have a board sticking out in the middle of the track. and ive always wanted to stay away from losi b/c i see them break alot more than AE. but i havent been doing to much crashing lately so im not too scared... vic0280 were you there?