Fuel

Old 08-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fuel

I just bought the team orion wasp .28 engine for my PRP Katana buggy and i bought 33% traxxas fuel for it. I am wondering if i need to add any shims or anything because my engine recommended 20-25% nitro and i dont want to break it early. I dont plan on running it in any races.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well, if you got 33% having the entention of not racing, then thats a waste. you should have goten 10-20% instead, and just think of this... the harder you drive your buggy/truck/car , the more it is , inevitably,going to wear out. there are many factors, such as What fuel, use , and maintanence that decides a engines life.

happy racing/driving
Old 08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you have a .28 engine the 33% should be fine. If you are worried then just get another shim to be safe. But ya if you're not racing no reason to go beyond 20%. I wouldn't even bother with 10%. And the main thing to prolong engine life is a clean airfilter (and making sure it never falls off), and also equally important engine tuning being correct.