Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima II

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Ultima II

Need help, looking for owners manual, or parts list for the Kyosho ultima II.

Went to Kyosho America, and they dont have it, so want to see if someone my have an old one they could scan, and send me the file..
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

depending on your exact needs ( something to build from / million dollar resto )
maybe here
http://www.competitionx.com/rc-manua...yosho-manuals/
or here
http://vintagekyosho.com/?page_id=26
and first place for all things vintage
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24641
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Your best bet for parts is E-bay. Some of the parts will also be found under other car names because they were used on several cars (gear box, suspension arms, chassis).
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Ulitma II

what motors to use now days, and will they work with the old stuff? have a Trinity Products (Dianond Speedworks 9203, and a Trinity Dirtinator. both have brushes. Most everything I'm seeing out there, they is brushless now.. What to buy some new motors..
Old 03-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well, for starters you can't run a brushless motor without a brushless esc. Your best bet is to either run your car the way it is, or put it on a shelf. Even if you go the cheapest route possible you are looking at about $100 for a brushless motor and esc. Then you will need batteries. If you go brushless, you are going to want lipo batteries. Another $100 for a couple cheap packs, and a cheap charger. So then you are $200 into a car that you can never really run very hard, because parts are hard to source for vintage cars.

Like I said before, either run it the way it is, or shelf it. If you want something to run, look into the B4.1 Brushless RTR. It will be a bit more expensive that going brushless/lipo with your Ultima II, but it will be much more enjoyable.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I have an Ultima II. I have the manual, original box, tools and even the original paint and decals. The ultima manuals found online are almost the same for the Ultima II but If others are looking for this manual, I will have to scan it and upload it somewhere

I was racing this beast only today ... Still works well.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nicatnight70
what motors to use now days, and will they work with the old stuff? have a Trinity Products (Dianond Speedworks 9203, and a Trinity Dirtinator. both have brushes. Most everything I'm seeing out there, they is brushless now.. What to buy some new motors..
I have the same car. I will need to get a new motor. how did you end up ?
Did you retro fit something or is your car up on a shelf for display only ?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hiya Micky

I thought I would chime in due to running a Kyosho Ultima 2 also at our local track for the vintage class.

I have converted over to Tamiya rims so I can use the 2.2 tyres.. I have safely stored all the original parts.
I am running a simple traxxas brushed esc (the waterproof one) and a 27t pro motor and now running a new lipo battery..
I had to settle for a 3800mAh and almost permanently mount the battery due to the original battery looks like a small saddle pack?

It runs very well and I am amazed at how well it handles for an old girl.

I am afraid of breaking it, so drive it accordingly. But always on the look out for parts etc