Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any tracks in my area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Any tracks in my area?

I am looking for a track in my area to race on. I am living in Ogallala, NE. It is about 200 miles NE of Denver.

My race vehicle is a Losi MF2. I have 2 stock 27-turn motors but am willing to run in Modified Electric class if no stock class is available.

I built my truck this summer while working in South Carolina, and have had a good season racing at The Grove Racing Center in Rock Hill, SC.

This fall, while working in CT, I tried racing this truck on carpet indoors at R/C Madness in Enfield, CT, but found I did not care for the carpet scene. I think indoor tracks are a cool concept, but with a dirt surface.

From what I have been able to determine, the closest track to me may be in Burlington, CO. I have heard that there may be a track being built this spring in Sterling, CO, but cannot confirm this.

Ogallala is 50 miles west of North Platte, but word is that the closest track to North Platte is Grand Island.

If I had a bigger back yard, I would be tempted to turn some earth myself.
Unfortunately, my house covers most of my lot.

Anyway, I have had a lot of fun this year with my new truck. I was lucky in having some help from some good people, especially Don and Diane MacDonald of the Northwest racers forum, and Angie Nelson of Hic's Hobby in Laurens, SC.

Les "Stripes" Foran #94
Old 12-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, well, well. Hi Les! Took a gamble and just searched for you by your name. I didn't realize you would use your real name as your screen name. I'm glad because that's how I found you. This is Diane from Portland . Welcome to the boards!! You will enjoy them. Click on over to Northwest Racers under the North American tab. I raced Friday and there was only one other racer and I that got 12 laps - and my truck was pushing, so it was a real battle getting that 12 laps. The other guy is one of our fast racers. I was going to try a suspension change, but the main was coming up, so I was afraid to do it. After the races were over, I tried the suspension change and it definitely helped. However, if I had tried it before the main, with my luck it would have made it worse. Anyway, still learning. We are hoping to go to Olympia this Saturday for the big 4-race event. It starts in Olympia, then the following month to Tacoma, WA, then up by Seattle and back to Tacoma. I think we are only doing the Olympia one, but will see. They award trophies, etc., but we are only racing for the fun of it. It is very competitive and the really fast racers are going to be there, I think, so I'm not expecting a lot as far as my finish goes, but I will try my best. Will have to see if the current setup works. If there is time, which I am not sure there will be, I will try that setup I mentioned using the buggy springs. Anyway, click around on the forum and see what all there is. I think under the first tab there are some setups listed by other drivers for your truck. I can't remember what thread it is, but it is under the first tab, I believe. Just check out the different threads.

Didn't mean for this to be so long. Talk with you later - AND WELCOME!

Diane in Portland (and Don) (Don's screenname is Rustbucket).