R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #31
Tech Master

HeY!!!

thats also another thing i noticed about the BK2.. at least the ae ones wont bend, even in thier standard kit.... i also dont like how the diff gets gritty so fast... the ae ones last forever....

LaTa JoSh
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:02 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

Nick... i noticed that to but my BK2 i didnt have to shim out as much as it seems like u had to do... but the losi tires on the B4 will have an offset...

no they wont,the losi and the b4 use the same rims....same offset. that was one of the big deals when the b4 came out because it was going to be easier to run spec tires at big races.
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:00 AM   #33
Tech Master

HeY!!!

losi jon... thanx for correctin me i totally forgot about that i was think of something else...

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick111
They didnt go away from lunsford, they are produced by lunsford, but not of there standards. Losi wanted to keep cost down ands provide the most amount of tuning, so they went with an inferior titanium and longer threads, the two together spell disaster, lunsford new this, as did Losi, but I guess Losi didn't mind.
as ashame about that, after you spend your hard earned on a new kit, you then have to buy a lunsford turnbuckle kit.

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:12 AM   #35
Tech Regular

You must all be AE guys. At my local track everyone bags AE, but here you all seem to bag Losi. My losi wnt together better than the B4 (which needed shims)
and seems a better car. i will see how much better it is when i drive it.
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:40 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nick111

You can't exactly say I am an AE guy, I've ran Losi for the past 2 years, and just got an AE a week ago, After rebuilding my Bk2 hundreds of times, and the B4 only once, the only thing I can tell you, is the B4 is better designed. You have to take notice of the smaller things on the car, not the bigger. For instance, on the B4/T4, you have the rear roll center option (vertically mounted rear ballstud) without having to buy $30 hubs, With the Losi, You need the hubs, or the Skipgear mount. The rear ballstud mounts are also seperate from the shock tower, so when you break a ballstud, you dont need a new shock tower, on the Losi, new tower time. Another example, the front bumper, 2 of the screws are hidden under the bumper, god forbid they back out, you will strip the top plate, on the AE you will only strip the top 2 holes and still have 2 left until the part comes in if your LHS doesnt have it. With the losi, you strip all 4 holes, and your screwed if they don't have the part. One more thing I also like about the B4, the 5/40 screws in the rear, I hate those 1/16" hex head screws, they strip out easier than anything, the 5/64 almost never strip out. plus the 5/40 threads are a bit harder to back out. I may the rambling about the B4 here, and don't get me wrong, the Losi has some great points, but the BK2 was designed for Highbite clay smooth as glass indoor tracks. Take the nats for example, the factory guys ran the new diff in the old tranny, XX CR pivot block, new hubs you cant get yet that were I believe longer. And they dremeled down where the hubs are on the front arms to move them forward for a longer wheelbase, Hardly box stock. Im not saying all of the factory guys did this, but most of them did. Did you see any dremeling on the factory B4s? No. Just take that into consideration.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

losi jon... thanx for correctin me i totally forgot about that i was think of something else...

LaTa JoSh

not a problem

i have driven both brands...started with a b3 and t3....switched over to Losi when the xxx series first came out....loved the Losi's and made some awesome friends out of the Losi camp due to that...tried the b4 when it came out and loved it even more...better steering than the Losi and way better jumping ability than the previous associated offerings. neither car is bad and i would be proud to drive either one of them.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

Hey Jon -

I think you should change your "Switzerland."

nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #39
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Nick- i noticed same thing w/ the nats, i also heard from rhode about that.... plus i actually think the losi's do handle the bumpy tracks pretty good... i mean look at the roar mod nats in ct. truhe won... the track was dry and bumpy...... also out by me the track is bumpy due to water just sittin on the track makin some minor potholes...

Jon- i actually got my losi to jump betta then the B4, but then on the truck side i got my T4 to jump betta then the MF2.... mayb its just how we drive and like how it jumps dk???? we all drive different ways and like how they handle seperate ways...

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutfluff
Hey Jon -

I think you should change your "Switzerland."

i have no clue what you mean by that
Old 08-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi jon
i have no clue what you mean by that
Wow. Switzerland is a country that is famous for never taking sides when it comes to world politics. They are considered a "neutral" country which is why when people never takes sides on an argument, people who want to joke about it call their POV "Switzerland." PM me your address...I'd like to buy you a few magazine subscriptions other than XRC. Or do you likie RC Driver better. Somthing tells me you subsribe to all of them....

Then again. Everyone knows where Italy is now thanks to the Worlds.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutfluff
Wow. Switzerland is a country that is famous for never taking sides when it comes to world politics. They are considered a "neutral" country which is why when people never takes sides on an argument, people who want to joke about it call their POV "Switzerland." PM me your address...I'd like to buy you a few magazine subscriptions other than XRC. Or do you likie RC Driver better. Somthing tells me you subsribe to all of them....

Then again. Everyone knows where Italy is now thanks to the Worlds.

i understand the whole SWITZERLAND thing,i was a history/poli sci major in college,just not how you phrased it....did you mean change my NAME to switzerland???? btw..your half ass jab at me wasnt missed.....i just know i could win with both...just as anyone else could.....you dont need to send me a subscription to any rc magazine...i get to read them all for free at the hobby shop i manage
Old 08-06-2005, 01:57 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Holy crap....my bad...leaving words out of a sentence usually makes for mis-communication...and to think I am a professional writer...that's what I get for having people proof read for me in real life. ADD doesn't help either.

Apologies....

Although changing your Switzerland does sounds pretty funny...
Old 08-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Nick.... if u say look at the little things on the B4, what about the big thingson the losi? the shocks! their better, the steering is better, suspension feels smoother and whhels are round!
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nick111

Ok, yes the shocks are better, and the suspension is smoother, but only because of the shocks, so thats one Plus for Losi, The steering on the BK2 is only better on high bite tracks. I also have no problems with my PL wheels being out of round, infact, some of my Losi wheels have been even more out of round, check your bearings for proper seating.

Josh, At the nats, yes truhe won it, but with a totally different car than what normal guys were running. I talked to a losi sponsored guy at my track last night who has the "new" rear end. It is, XXX tranny with the BK2 diff with machined outdrives to fit. XX CR pivot, BK bones, outside hole on the hub to inside hole on the arm. .050 shim on the inside, .150 on the outside. Hopefully Losi will have a new car after the worlds. But that is what 2 of the sponsored guys at my track are running.

We all know this is an arguement that can't be won. I just hope this thread turns into a thread to show good points and bad points about each car, not an all out bash fest.