R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #16
Tech Addict

b4 for me...

and you wont find any wheels that don't wobble somewhat...
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #17
Tech Master

HeY!!!

yeah i noticed that to but everysingle car has that.... mayb it ws just ur hubs were worn out?.?.?. but i just noticed today on BK2 when i was practicin that my camber changes automatically and this is brand new BK2 only like about 15 runs on it and i only had one tumble..... i dk mayb its just mine, but i have also noticed that it slopped up alot faster then the B4.....

LaTa JoSh
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #18
Tech Regular

i dont mean the wheels wobble as in wobble about. (thats bound to happen). i saying u cant set the camber, because when u turn the wheel, the camber changes (no tires). And another thing, the B4 wheels aren't round. If u look at your rear ball cup (outside) and spin the wheel u will see what i mean. the gap gets bigger and smaller. Anyway i thought the losi was supposed to be a better car? i will find out i next race meet i guess!!!
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:42 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

it only appears to be out of round because it is wobbling. and i just use losi rear wheels on mine.
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nick111

Going upon assembly, The b4 is designed better, I just built one yesterday and i must say, It went together very very smooth, even the shocks. I remember when i built my losi I would have to have a couple of the trinity shim kits when I build it just to get out the factory slop. I didnt use one shim on the suspension/chassis/anywere on my b4 and it only has play where it needs it, and only the minimum amount. In my opinion, the b4 is designed better, and is better on certain tracks, so is the BK2, example- My track recently switched locations, at the first location/layout the bk2 was the only way to go, now after we moved and went to new location/layout the b4 is considerably better, not that the bk2 isnt competetive, but for drivers without the "factory stuff" the bk2 just doesnt turn. Almost anyone who was running the bk2 ran the old tranny.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #21
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Nick... i noticed that to but my BK2 i didnt have to shim out as much as it seems like u had to do... but the losi tires on the B4 will have an offset...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:14 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Nick... i felt quite the opposite to what u said. i thought the BK2 was alot better, stronger build. shocks are definatley better on the BK2 (the whole suspension feels smoother)!!

What can i do about this "not enough steering problem"?? what setup differences can i make??

Thanks
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:39 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

The 7206 and 7205 front ribs in the PINK compound has made all the difference for me in steering. I swear by them and suggest you give them a try. I was ready to bail on this car until I did. Now, I love it!
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Yes, Pink 06s by far help the steering alot, before I switched to B4, I had- 3/4 oz under servo horn, 1/4 on servo in between brace, 3/4oz on top of the top plate, and the top plate filled with solder, and the servo in the forward postition, quite a bit of wieght, boy did that thing steer. When i ran red springs I would have to have the collars all the way down and it still wasnt level. Overall, I found a softer front suspension was best, in front i ran red spring, 56 piston 27.5 oil no limiter, 2/outside 3/b with 1 washer, out back i ran pink spring 56 piston, 27.5 oil no limiting 2/outside, 3/a and short wheelbase. That is when my car felt best, but it was never perfect, I ran my B4 yesterday and by the end of the day it did what I wanted, when I wanted and it was just so perfect. Different tracks require different cars, and I can assure you, Next track change and my Losi is coming back out. I just try and remember one thing that a guy at my track says. You build a losi with a shim kit and an AE with a reamer.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Try Jesse Robber's setup from the losi site and go from there. It helps the car rotate and the rear end feels much less "dead" with the 55 piston/ 35wt oil.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

Hey, think of the BK2 and teh B4 as Ford and Chevorlet. Ok this is kina off topic but, I found these pics of the B4 and I couldnt find the B4 forumn any ways, check it out! Most pimped out B4 i've seen in my life
Attached Thumbnails
B4 vs BK2-fast_b4_1.jpeg   B4 vs BK2-fast_b4_2.jpeg  
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #27
Tech Master

HeY!!!

wow that is pretty pimped B3... but why would u need all that alum.???? hope he aint racin it lol.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 AM   #28
Tech Master

slop? that is losi's middle name, right from the box, get the shims out, they have a lot of slop. and its a little disapointing, because there general quality is high.

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:43 AM   #29
Tech Master

oh yeah what is up with the cheap titanium turnbuckles that losi have been using in there kits? one little hit and they bend.
why did they go away from lunsford?

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #30
Tech Regular

They didnt go away from lunsford, they are produced by lunsford, but not of there standards. Losi wanted to keep cost down ands provide the most amount of tuning, so they went with an inferior titanium and longer threads, the two together spell disaster, lunsford new this, as did Losi, but I guess Losi didn't mind.