R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax
Default Which .12 engine?

My OS.18 (rebadged as Duratrax) is worn and i don't think i want to replace the P/S because i would like a new .12 engine. Any suggestions?

I was thinking the OS.12 CVRX w/recoil and the Team Orion Wasp .12.

Thanks
Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
Tech Master

HeY!!!

those would be good... it also depends if youre gonna be racing, if youre gonna be racing id recommend the mugen .12, or the o.s. .12tz
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

First , what are you going to do with the truck ? If you are racing on a big track the OS CVR will be fine, but if it is a small track the OS CV. I like the the OS CV because it is cheap and lots of aftermarket parts. One that comes to mind is the piston/sleeve from Tower Hobbies for $19.99. Great buy and it runs as good if not better than the OS. The Red head is heavy and does a poor job of cooling. I would look again to Tower Hobbies for there up-grade head again for about $20.00.
The problem most people do to these trucks is to over HP. With too much HP they are hard to drive and you end up breaking a lot of parts.
I have won more races by using my radio to turn down the throttle down so I can stand on the gas off the corners with out spinning. It ain't how fast you go it how many laps you turn in the time limitof the race.
Rick
Losi Jet Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:52 AM   #4
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies. I will only be using this in parking lots and out on the streets. The .18 took way too long to spool up and thats one thing i hated about it but it screamed on the top end. This engine will be for my Nitro Evader BX which is extremely light and small.

Now i've come across a problem.

I don't know if i want a .12 CVRX, .15CVRX or the .18CVRX.

Sean
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to rcbearings 85 Send a message via MSN to rcbearings 85 Send a message via Yahoo to rcbearings 85
Default Precision ball bearings

Dear Sirs,

Have a nice day!

Glad to know your company on the internet, and know your company is specialized in Rc racing products,which are of interest to me. we make miniature ball bearings,They are widely used in Rc model products.

Fuzhou newpower bearing Ltd,was founded in early 1993 ,We are specializing in miniature ball bearing with the inner diameter from 1mm to 30 mm. Usually it includes Inch series, Metric series, with or without Flanged ring, and its material may be Chrome steel, Stainless Steel or Carbon Steel. All of our products are widely used in Rc helicopter,master truck,Rc boat, Servo,Micro-motor,Engine , Motors, Hobby models and Medical instruments ,etc.

We promise 100% refund if you find our products unsatisfactory.We keep a lot of stocks to be delivered immediately without minimum order.Such as item MR105ZZ,MR115ZZ,MR85ZZ,MR148ZZ,6700ZZ,682ZZ,MR74ZZ ,688ZZ Etc.

We have manyyears of experience,and could design and produce according to the customer's specification. Have gained ISO9002, and rigorous testing system.Competitive prices, excellent quality and punctual delivery is guaranteed.

By the way, if you would like to import R/C HOBBY from our country, China, I would introduce our customers--R/C HOBBY MANUFACTURER to you.

Look forward to your prompt reply.

Yours Sincerely

Elline

Fuzhou NewPower Bearing Ltd

Http://www.newpower-bearing.com

[email protected]

Sales office:

15FL FORTUNE BLDG(OFFICE BLOCK)

NO.168 HUDONG ROAD FUZHOU,CHINA

TEL:+86-591-87520745

FAX:+86-591-87553612

rcbearings 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:39 AM   #6
Tech Master

How does that help me with choosing an engine?

Sean
Old 08-13-2005, 02:58 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

What in the Hell , LoL thats what I was thinking.
RC-HPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:28 AM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbearings 85
Dear Sirs,

Have a nice day!

Glad to know your company on the internet, and know your company is specialized in Rc racing products,which are of interest to me. we make miniature ball bearings,They are widely used in Rc model products.
This bit beats me

You also sent me a PM saying the exact thing.

Sean
Old 08-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
Tech Adept

That's what you call spam.

I would get the os 18TZ turbo.
dkj-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:52 PM   #10
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

OMG! Someone sent an email to our email address almost exactly like that, only it was from Hong's bearings or something! I thought they may have been serious!
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #11
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

Looks like translator isn't working for him.

I would try the O.S. .15CV-X

It has more power than the .12 and has been pretty good to me.
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote