Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Indoor Carpet Offroad/Oval/Road course in York pa >

New Indoor Carpet Offroad/Oval/Road course in York pa

New Indoor Carpet Offroad/Oval/Road course in York pa

Old 02-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thomas PA
From what is seen/learned so far, I think 14th buggy, and the rc18's will e the best classes in mini. For a novice class, I was thinking 1/16 slash and then 1/10 buggy. Maybe 17.5 and mod. One of the reasons this is happening sooner rather than later is because we'll soon have a space with nothing in it. And this will at first be to supplement the lease. If it goes well, we'll expand to a larger space
The mini e-revo and mini slash are close enough in size to the 1/14th buggies to run them in the same class. I'd try not to split up classes too much. A mixed class of 9 is, in my opinion, better than one class of 3, one class of 4, and 2 guys who didn't get enough in their class to run that day. One cool thing I've noticed about those size cars is they can run TC wheels/tires. The great thing about that is schumacher makes minipins for TC wheels, which will absolutely rip on carpet.

If the track's as small as you say it is, I wouldn't worry about separating 1/10 buggy into mod and stock. At that size of track, there won't be any difference between the two. Even at bumps it's not much of a difference.

Let me know if you need a hand setting up the track. I'd be happy to lend a hand if I can get a good carpet track in the area out of it
Old 02-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
The mini e-revo and mini slash are close enough in size to the 1/14th buggies to run them in the same class. I'd try not to split up classes too much. A mixed class of 9 is, in my opinion, better than one class of 3, one class of 4, and 2 guys who didn't get enough in their class to run that day. One cool thing I've noticed about those size cars is they can run TC wheels/tires. The great thing about that is schumacher makes minipins for TC wheels, which will absolutely rip on carpet.

If the track's as small as you say it is, I wouldn't worry about separating 1/10 buggy into mod and stock. At that size of track, there won't be any difference between the two. Even at bumps it's not much of a difference.

Let me know if you need a hand setting up the track. I'd be happy to lend a hand if I can get a good carpet track in the area out of it
Buggies will most likely be run together. Maybe scored seperatley. Revos can definitely be thrown in with the 1/14. I'm thinking that the 1/16 slash will be the "kid class" though. Not sure how even this is, but maybe the velineon and 550 12t versions have to run in training mode. And the 380 12t in normal mode. Just a class to keep the kids entertained and out of the way of those mini 8ights