Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dboots nanobytes vs schumacher minipins

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default dboots nanobytes vs schumacher minipins

I race mainly 1/8 buggy and begin this winter to race with a 2wd buggy on carpet. I'm only interested which one last longer in soft compounds. Has anyone tried both ?
Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

any inputs ?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

i do not know what the greater differences are other DBOOTS
are slightly less cost @ Advantage hobbies or HobbyLinc.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We race on Astro. The soft compounds are really soft and actually don't tend to work as well on Astro. Maybe wet Astro.
Dboots A compound vrs Schu Yellow compound. We see equal lap times on the track.
The dboot tire tends to feel free compared to the Schu but we see equal racing and lap times from both and wear is very comparable. Both tend to last for a good amount of time.

I do not recommend mixing as the tires act a little different and you may get a weird balance when swapping surfaces.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the input . Did you mean different brand on front and rear by "mixing" ?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Schumacher's last longer and feel more consistent through there life.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Schumacher yellow minipins will certainly give the best grip on carpet over the dboots. I normally have 2-3 sets on the go. we race on slippy wood or rubber gym floors and carpet. the Schumacher are the best tyre for that and proven in the UK to be the best on carpet.
I normally remove the outer row of pins on front tyres, as I find them too aggressive otherwise. on both 2wd and 4wd.

the dboots do not work on our slippy floors, where the Schumachers work well. dboots seem to work well on cork floors, equil to Schumachers in grip, but wear better on that surface. they are comparable on carpet for wear. I normally budget for a new set each big meeting and resuse at club meetings until worn out. I keep a few sets at various wear levels on the go.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The real answer is YMMV with the actual carpet you're racing on and your answer will be found by going to the track and seeing what the fast guys are running.

FWIW, On the carpet I've raced on, the DBoots lasted slightly longer but the Shumachers were a tenth or two quicker. You can't give up even .05 a lap on a carpet track to ease another race or two out of a set of tires and have very much fun.