Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back in the game!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Back in the game!!

ok so after about 3 yrs of building drag cars..ive decided to get back into my hobbies....I first started out building a Thunder Tiger Buggy...it was fun but since parts were extremely limited it was an extreme hassle to keep running...i then built an onroad beast of an RS-4...instead of the conventional engine i cramed an 1/8th scale engine with boost bottle into it...the damn thing ran like a raped ape until she was stolen ...and that was the end of my fun......until now

Basically i was wanting to get back into off-road buggy racing...i can build anything.. i was hoping for some suggestions on 1/8th scale buggy..which is the best and which is the best buy??and any suggestions on motors

any suggestions would be appriciated
Old 07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well if must say mugen pro spec mbx 5 is the onlyway to go or i would say the xb8 by x-ray.. I did run a kani 2 and a kani 3 for the past 2 years and they were goo till my friend at our club track let me run a few laps and one race and i was hooked. The mugen just felt so right, she flew like an eagel in flight landed like a swan ever so graceful. The fit and finish is second to none.. Now the xb-8 is just as nice she lands just like a mugen.. Now my only question is what kind of motor you looking at if i can give you a suggestion i would go for a rex p5 or even a jp modified motor,
or even a rb ws72.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

I want a motor that is going to have the balls to hang with most...but not too much power to handle...my rs4 was like a caged animal...absolutely no controll.

Is there any reading that you can suggest that may give me a feel for what i want???

sorry im a noob...been out of the nest for awhile

again thanks for the help
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Try the OS RB .21 . most of the guys at my track run them, they are cheap, fast as hell, and reliable becasue its an OS
Old 07-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

spza do you mean the os rg 21 it is a good starting motor but the way it sound he is ready for a race spec motor but it is up to him...

Some reading you can do is go to nitroreview.com it is a good website that gives you reviews on all nitro stuf and then some and plus it has revirews from peope who have tried the motors,buggies and basically everything that is

in the data base of the website
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks u guys r great...im sure u will see me posting more and more
Old 07-28-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

so your a noob.. take a short drive over to 18and half and mound to larrys rc and talk to the guys there, they got every kit and everything you could possibly want.

larrys is by far the largest in the state and the guys are great there. they will point you in right direction.

as for suggestions, i guess it depends on how deep those pockets of yours are and are you racing or just bashing.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

I would have to say Kyosho MP777 SP2.For engines I would say rex P5 or 421B.