Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
racing two different buggies in the same class? >

racing two different buggies in the same class?

racing two different buggies in the same class?

Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Default racing two different buggies in the same class?

Hi

happy owner of a MP9E TKI and XB9E, I'd like to race both buggies next seasons.

I thought the best solution was to dedicate one buggy for high grip/ smooth tracks and the other for low grip/ rough ones. Do you think it's a good idea or would you rather stick with your prefered buggy for racing and use the other one for training or..

The idea is to do minor adjustments to the buggies and keep them for as long as I can (3 years would be great).

In the case of dedicating one buggy for one type of track which one would you use for high grip, and which one for low grip?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

What about your mugen mbx6 Eco
Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury View Post
What about your mugen mbx6 Eco
the eco is my girlfriend's buggy , she owns the Durango and Corally (1/12) too

we really have separate cars, sometimes we let the other drive of course so I can tell how the Durango handles for example but when it comes down to setup/ maintenance and stuff each one has his own rc.. she actually prepared the Durango for our last endurance, I didn't touch the buggy

we used to have the same buggy at the very beginning (808) for practical reasons but we learnt way less than now racing with different cars
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
the eco is my girlfriend's buggy , she owns the Durango and Corally (1/12) too

we really have separate cars, sometimes we let the other drive of course so I can tell how the Durango handles for example but when it comes down to setup/ maintenance and stuff each one has his own rc.. she actually prepared the Durango for our last endurance, I didn't touch the buggy

we used to have the same buggy at the very beginning (808) for practical reasons but we learnt way less than now racing with different cars
Cute

When my girlfriend looks at all my rc stuff she shakes her head.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Suspended

hahah my wife does same thing mate hey yeah well atm ive got a tekno eb48 buggy mugen mbx6 eco usa spec and tekno sct410 and mugen mbx6t there all mine and my sons
Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury View Post
hahah my wife does same thing mate hey yeah well atm ive got a tekno eb48 buggy mugen mbx6 eco usa spec and tekno sct410 and mugen mbx6t there all mine and my sons
We need to start a thread on wife's and girlfriends that race or would drink a gallon of gas and piss on our Rc cars and strike and match and watch them burn.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:04 AM
Suspended

hahah that's funnie
Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

well, it all depends on your attitude too.. I hear many guys say they would like their wife or companion to be in the hobby but at the same time it's to do everything for them

it's hard sometimes not to say "do it this way" but I consider there is nothing she couldn't learn by herself, if she has a question she knows I'll answer of course but I won't solve her specific problems considering she has just as many tools as me to fix them.. and doing mistakes is key to learn

sometimes people seem to find it strange on tracks that I very rarely help her.. but no one cares if she doesn't help me ..we started the same year, why would she need more help? most funny thing is when other guys want to help her, I'm not jealous at all and it makes me laugh everytime they realise she might know more than them.. and she tries to be so nice about it so that they don't feel too uncomfortable, I experienced hilarious situations trust me

if some drivers have an advice on what would be the best way to manage these two different cars in a single class, let me know
Old 02-11-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Why not run one on one type of track, one on the other? If one is an advantage on the surface, you should go for it. You will just have to get used to driving them both on a track. (Learn both buggies)
Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My plan is to have my mbx6 eco for club racing and an mbx7eco for the larger or more important races that do. Practice for the bigger race will be with the mbx6eco that way I'm not practicing and then taken it apart to clean and change oils before to qualifiers. The mbx7eco is already done and ready to go.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:05 AM
Suspended

That's what I was thinking with my mugen Eco and tekno buggy same what u doing
Old 02-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

I don't know if it's the best thing to prepare with a car and race with an other, especially with the x6 and x7 eco that are so different handling wise..

the MP9E is supposed to provide confidence in the rough and loose tracks considering it's so easy to drive and suspensions are excellent.. on high grip tracks the shocks wouldn't make such a difference with the XB9E which is the reason why I thought I could reserve the Xray for high grip

I mostly practice on a local astro track so the XB9E would be used more.. but it shouldn't be a problem as the Xray is supposed to wear better

is there anyone that tried both cars and would recommend one more than another for loose or high grip conditions?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

The only difference I find with the x6 vs x7 is the x7 has more steering. The shock bodies are also smaller then the x6. I think its the best way driving two kits that are similar.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
The only difference I find with the x6 vs x7 is the x7 has more steering. The shock bodies are also smaller then the x6. I think its the best way driving two kits that are similar.
it's strange that you find them similar because the geometry is so different .. a friend of mine drove for Mugen until last year, compared the x6 and x7 and told me the x7 was far from the x6 (not only the steering but overall feeling and handling).. I guess you managed to set up both cars so that this difference is minimal

I thought about practising and racing on loose tracks with the MP9E, and on high grip tracks with the XB9E at first but maybe it's not the best idea idk

So you would rather practice with one car and race the other?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
it's strange that you find them similar because the geometry is so different .. a friend of mine drove for Mugen until last year, compared the x6 and x7 and told me the x7 was far from the x6 (not only the steering but overall feeling and handling).. I guess you managed to set up both cars so that this difference is minimal
It was a buddy of mine. I found it to have a similar feel but better handling and steering. It wass not so far of that it would be hard to race them both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service