Search

AKA - TYPO REVIEW VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default AKA - TYPO REVIEW VIDEO!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice review! Ill have to check these out for my RM Losi 22
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They work no doubt about it.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Any idea of when they made the running change on the type of material used on the ss typos/slingshots? I think I've read that the earlier tires that have slingshot molded on them came with a harder ss compound but then got changed to a softer version. I've got a set that say slingshot on the tire but had typo on the bag. I've already mounted them up so I really can't replace them.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just read more on this and I guess the change was with the curing process, it left a white film on the tires in the bag. Mine did not have that so I guess I got the new ss style tire.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

When will they be ROAR legal?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
When will they be ROAR legal?
As soon as they can get ROAR to change the rules it seems based on my readings.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barge
As soon as they can get ROAR to change the rules it seems based on my readings.
So we're looking at 6-7 years or so then?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Hah... seems like that's about how fast ROAR moves from what I've heard on getting the 2.2 wheels we use now approved.

Luckily for most is that I've not run into any club so far that actually enforces ROAR rules.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barge
Hah... seems like that's about how fast ROAR moves from what I've heard on getting the 2.2 wheels we use now approved.

Luckily for most is that I've not run into any club so far that actually enforces ROAR rules.
Yea ours does...and I've heard people talking about how the Typo is illegal so if someone shows up and runs them I'm sure that they will be punished for it. Earlier in the season someone near me in the pits was running a 4wd SCT wheel with the wrong offset by mistake. Someone complained about it and they relegated him to the last qualifying spot rather than disqualifying him. He did have to get proper offset wheels on the truck before running.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea ours does...and I've heard people talking about how the Typo is illegal so if someone shows up and runs them I'm sure that they will be punished for it. Earlier in the season someone near me in the pits was running a 4wd SCT wheel with the wrong offset by mistake. Someone complained about it and they relegated him to the last qualifying spot rather than disqualifying him. He did have to get proper offset wheels on the truck before running.
Where do you race?

I only ask because if ever given the chace to go there i want to make sure I don't! lol

Typo's are the best tire I have used in a long time.
I run clay all the way arount on my 22-4
i run SS typos rear and Vector front on my 22 2.0.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Where do you race?

I only ask because if ever given the chace to go there i want to make sure I don't! lol

Typo's are the best tire I have used in a long time.
I run clay all the way arount on my 22-4
i run SS typos rear and Vector front on my 22 2.0.
Bumps and Jumps in Harrisburg PA. It is actually a great place to race, I have no idea how someone figured it out and why they had an issue with it enough to complain about it. They do randomly check the stock classes for blinky ESCs as well which again I like as I'd rather not be racing against people who are cheating.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bumps and Jumps in Harrisburg PA. It is actually a great place to race, I have no idea how someone figured it out and why they had an issue with it enough to complain about it. They do randomly check the stock classes for blinky ESCs as well which again I like as I'd rather not be racing against people who are cheating.
Checking blinky mode is a must and done at all the tracks I race at but using a tire not roar approved in a club race and getting shelved is absurd.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Checking blinky mode is a must and done at all the tracks I race at but using a tire not roar approved in a club race and getting shelved is absurd.
Tires mean the most in RC racing! Other than actually running a faster illegal motor in stock lol.

The rules are there for good reason, without them... Why even race at all... Where does it end? 2.3 wheel? 2.5 2.7?

Are they that much better? I don't know because I haven't seen 1 person worth damn use em lol. The point is, they don't fit the rules.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

They don't fit the rules as written but they do I believe meet the intent of the rules.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much and as such I will be using my 1 set until they wear out and probably not getting more until something gets straightened out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.