Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima SC6 Thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Setup

Has anyone had the issue of nose diving over a triple jump. keeping the throttle on and adding weight to the rear does not work,sc6 is setup per manual.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearit
Has anyone had the issue of nose diving over a triple jump. keeping the throttle on and adding weight to the rear does not work,sc6 is setup per manual.
Are you using the 4 hole front tower (UM782B) or the CF one made by Diggity Designs (SC6-100)? If so, you might want to move the front shocks to the outermost hole. This will enable the front to have more lift off of jumps. Are you also using the kit springs (Orange) and the kit pistons (5x1.35)? I use 50wt oil in the front shocks to keep the front as stiff as possible. With this setup, my truck jumps perfectly over the triples.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rbk1115
Are you using the 4 hole front tower (UM782B) or the CF one made by Diggity Designs (SC6-100)? If so, you might want to move the front shocks to the outermost hole. This will enable the front to have more lift off of jumps. Are you also using the kit springs (Orange) and the kit pistons (5x1.35)? I use 50wt oil in the front shocks to keep the front as stiff as possible. With this setup, my truck jumps perfectly over the triples.
thanks for the info
Old 11-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GIHOSU
Sorry you will miss it. From what I have heard there are a bunch of fast guys from all around planning to race. As of last night 6 or 7 guys from my track will be there, I was instructed to reserve some pit spaces when I go up to practice on Saturday.

I will be working on my mod trucks to get them ready. Springs and oil will change and I will try a 3 gear MM and see how she rolls
how'd it go at RCHR?
Old 11-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

My kit came with the two hole front shock tower, should I change it, what fluids would you run in the rear and do you run the limiters inside or outside?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gearit
My kit came with the two hole front shock tower, should I change it, what fluids would you run in the rear and do you run the limiters inside or outside?
The SC6 has a lot of steering with the kit setup. You can dial out the steering by using the four hole shock tower, mounting the shock in the outermost hole, mounting the shock furthest out on the arms, and not using tire sauce on the front tires. I would recommend getting the Diggity Designs CF shock tower as it is a lot stronger than the Kyosho equivalents. If you want to dial out even more steering, increasing the ackermann will help with that. You will need to reverse the steering rack so that the arrow points towards the rear of the truck and remount the ball studs.

For the rear, I run the 5x1.35 pistons, AE 30wt, and Kyosho White Springs (XGS035). For the limiters, I run 2mm inside and 0mm outside.

Hope this helps you find the right setup for your track. Here is my latest setup for the SC6 that you can reference.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho..._SDRC20160918/
Old 11-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default stock spring rates ???

Dose any one know what the spring rates are of the springs that come in the Kyosho Ultima SC6 Competition 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit par # KY030070B the springs do not have a color code on them. what spring rate are the factory springs or where do the fit in with the after market springs. The spring kit they sell comes with Orange, Yellow, Red, Gold, White, So where do the stock spring fit in by spring rate. Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 55Guy
Dose any one know what the spring rates are of the springs that come in the Kyosho Ultima SC6 Competition 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit par # KY030070B the springs do not have a color code on them. what spring rate are the factory springs or where do the fit in with the after market springs. The spring kit they sell comes with Orange, Yellow, Red, Gold, White, So where do the stock spring fit in by spring rate. Thanks
The SC6 Kit (30070B) comes with Orange (XGS023) (Front) and Red (XGS031) (Rear). I don't have the exact spring rates, but the stiffness is as follows:

Stiffest------->Softest
Orange ---> Yellow ---> Red ---> Gold ---> White

That is strange that your springs did not have the colors painted on them. Did you get the kit second hand? The owner's manual also specifies the springs that came in the kit.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default thanks

Thanks I did get both of our SC6 used one off of rctech and one form our local track one car had unmarked springs on it and the a set of unmarked springs with it so I jumped to the assumption that they were factory springs. wrong again. I have been hoping one of the guys at our local track would buy one of those GForce Electronic Spring Rate Gauge but no luck. I may have to get a tester this spring guessing game drives me nuts not that it will make me any faster knowing. thanks again
Old 11-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 55Guy
Thanks I did get both of our SC6 used one off of rctech and one form our local track one car had unmarked springs on it and the a set of unmarked springs with it so I jumped to the assumption that they were factory springs. wrong again. I have been hoping one of the guys at our local track would buy one of those GForce Electronic Spring Rate Gauge but no luck. I may have to get a tester this spring guessing game drives me nuts not that it will make me any faster knowing. thanks again
Sounds good. You will like the SC6. Best SCT I have ever owned...
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

The SC6 has a lot of steering with the kit setup. You can dial out the steering by using the four hole shock tower, mounting the shock in the outermost hole, mounting the shock furthest out on the arms, and not using tire sauce on the front tires. I would recommend getting the Diggity Designs CF shock tower as it is a lot stronger than the Kyosho equivalents. If you want to dial out even more steering, increasing the ackermann will help with that. You will need to reverse the steering rack so that the arrow points towards the rear of the truck and remount the ball studs.

For the rear, I run the 5x1.35 pistons, AE 30wt, and Kyosho White Springs (XGS035). For the limiters, I run 2mm inside and 0mm outside.

Hope this helps you find the right setup for your track. Here is my latest setup for the SC6 that you can reference.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho..._SDRC20160918/
Will get the shock towers and do the shock fluids 50/30, I run carpet so it's gonna be a learning curve. Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdemegs
how'd it go at RCHR?
The truck was great all day and the track was fast and fun. I did a bench build after seeing what some fast guys do. My dirt setup is so light that it can be a struggle to get ride height low enough for me. A hack mod on the shock mounts really helped and I was able to share it with a fellow Kyosho racer. He gave me that look that showed he was thinking… He was also struggling to get lower ride height with stiff enough springs compared to the AE guys. I saw a SC5M with buggy shocks on it before the main, maximum travel had his front arms at 9:30 and 2:30. Looked strange to me but that truck beat me.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GIHOSU
The truck was great all day and the track was fast and fun. I did a bench build after seeing what some fast guys do. My dirt setup is so light that it can be a struggle to get ride height low enough for me. A hack mod on the shock mounts really helped and I was able to share it with a fellow Kyosho racer. He gave me that look that showed he was thinking… He was also struggling to get lower ride height with stiff enough springs compared to the AE guys. I saw a SC5M with buggy shocks on it before the main, maximum travel had his front arms at 9:30 and 2:30. Looked strange to me but that truck beat me.
You'll have to tell me about what you did for the shocks, I have the same issue with ride height at my track. One racer has his sc5m at buggy heights and he's killing it. I tried doing it with a lot of limiters in the shocks, but it wasn't the right answer.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdemegs
You'll have to tell me about what you did for the shocks, I have the same issue with ride height at my track. One racer has his sc5m at buggy heights and he's killing it. I tried doing it with a lot of limiters in the shocks, but it wasn't the right answer.
I had to lower the front and turned the front shock mounts around on the arm so the low hole is out. It needed a little of trimming for clearance with the bottom of the shock. The front came down a bit and it helped on the turf.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Gotcha, yeah I did that with the arm mounts too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.