Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima SC6 Thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101
Does anyone know what offset wheel I need to buy for the Kyosho SC6 front and rear? Thanks
You need wheels for the Traxxas Slash 2WD (rear) or Slash 4x4 - I believe it's 10mm.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:17 AM
Tech Addict

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting one of these SC6 readysets to mess around with. My LHS has one that is collecting dust and he just wants to get it off the shelf so I'm getting a really good deal.

My question is are people still actively running SC6s and are parts still available? It's a pretty old car and other companies seem to be putting out newer stuff. Are there signs that Kyosho might release an updated car soon? What are the chances that parts get discontinued months after I buy this car? Or is it durable enough for me not to worry about this in the first place?

Thanks. I appreciate all and any info provided. Cheers.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Bri
Tech Regular

I would say the Kyosho SC6 is pretty much dead. Not saying that it isn't a good truck but most still racing short course have moved onto newer platforms like the AE SC6.1 and TLR 22SCT 3.0. I think you could still do good with it.

Parts availability is very good thanks to the chop shops on eBay. You can get a complete transmission for a little over $30.

As far as durability, it's pretty solid but some are stripping idler gears in mod and a few have reported bending the front axles. Any other parts should hold up well unless it takes a really hard hit.

I don't see Kyosho bringing out a new short course truck anytime soon. It looks like they have a lot of the SC6 RTR on the market that would need to sell first. As much as I like racing short course trucks, it seems the market is down with some switching to truggy.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just finished converting my SC6 to an astro setup (i.e. laydown transmission, etc.). Loved this truck while our track was still clay, but I had not bothered converting (or driving) it, since we turned to astro until now. With the weight down low and front, it should still be fun to drive - looking forward to doing it within the next couple of weeks.

Short Course as a class in general, while not quite dead yet, is far beyond it's peak, and has declined in many places around the world - so much so, that I doubt we will see a newer Kyosho anytime soon (if ever).
Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

So I bit the bullet and got the Readyset. Drove it around and had a blast.

It jumps amazing but its undergeared and i've got to say, a bit disappointingly slow. Will mess with the gearing to see if it improves.

I'm a bit sad to having not get into Short Course truck racing during its peak. I thought it was a silly class and stuck with the purebred buggys and truggys... I sure missed out on a lot of fun.
Roman likes this.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tak4

It jumps amazing but its undergeared and i've got to say, a bit disappointingly slow. Will mess with the gearing to see if it improves.

I'm a bit sad to having not get into Short Course truck racing during its peak. I thought it was a silly class and stuck with the purebred buggys and truggys... I sure missed out on a lot of fun.
Did you ever get the truck up to par in the speed department? I just bought a new readyset and am planning ahead and hoping to get some additional speed out of it. I’d like to keep the Orion dDrive if at all possible.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tak4

Curious how you guys that bought the Readyset like the wheels and tires that come on it. I have an SC6 coming in the mail likely tomorrow and I will need to buy some wheels and tires. The ones let come on the Readyset are available for purchase for less than $40 for all four. I'll be running on a pretty slippery outdoor track. Thanks
Old 09-30-2020, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Curious how you guys that bought the Readyset like the wheels and tires that come on it. I have an SC6 coming in the mail likely tomorrow and I will need to buy some wheels and tires. The ones let come on the Readyset are available for purchase for less than $40 for all four. I'll be running on a pretty slippery outdoor track. Thanks
I almost bought an SC6 RTR, but I couldn't get over them integrating the ESC into the motor. That just blew me away as a sneaky trick. You can't replace the motor without getting a new ESC. What will happen when the motor goes out? Also, I actually wanted to get one and replace the chassis with an RB7 chassis and turn it into a stadium truck. However, I found it cheaper to get an RB7 and convert it.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Just picked up an Ultima SC6 on this forum. It's a new kit mostly built I really lucked out I think. Only actual piece I see missing is the battery hold down strap. Do most of you guys run the standard setup or is there some slick aftermarket arrangement. Any advice on everyone's favorite body or tires and wheels for slippery outdoor track would also be extremely welcome. Thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2020, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You can try here for some battery strap options.
Diggity Designs RC - Kyosho - RT6 Parts

Pretty much anything RT6 will work on the SC6. For wheels I've been pretty happy with JConcept Hazzards. I can't help on tire choice as I'm more of a carpet/turf kinda guy.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Just picked up an Ultima SC6 on this forum. It's a new kit mostly built I really lucked out I think. Only actual piece I see missing is the battery hold down strap. Do most of you guys run the standard setup or is there some slick aftermarket arrangement. Any advice on everyone's favorite body or tires and wheels for slippery outdoor track would also be extremely welcome. Thanks in advance
You can also use the ones for the RB7. They are the same as the RT and SC. If you look up battery mounts or posts for the RB7, you might have more choices pop up. Just don't use the Exotek side mount unit. Those are specifically designed for mounting the battery on the RB7 sideways.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
You can also use the ones for the RB7. They are the same as the RT and SC. If you look up battery mounts or posts for the RB7, you might have more choices pop up. Just don't use the Exotek side mount unit. Those are specifically designed for mounting the battery on the RB7 sideways.
Thanks for helping. I plan on running a shorty battery in line with the chassis. I have seen people run the battery sideways but due to the thin width the chassis they cut big slots out of the side supports. That's not for me. I think this Kyosho accessory strap will be long enough if I run a shorty battery in line. Do you suppose I'm correct? Thanks

This next picture is the one that would have come with the kit

Old 10-13-2020, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

You are correct.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
You are correct.
Okay thanks. I can get one off eBay for about $22 so that will be my next stop
Old 10-16-2020, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Before assembling the shocks of my Ultima SC6 I went to Petit to look for setup info for oil weight and such. While there I saw people are running a mid-motor three gear transmission. From the factory I have the choice of rear motor three gear or mid motor four gear transmissions. It doesn't look like the three gear can be used for mid motor. Is there a different transmission housing I would need to buy? I don't want to drill any holes in the chassis. Is there anything wrong with the four gear mid motor setup? Pros and cons of running three gear or four gear mid-motor? Again, thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.