Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
So, we had a D-main in Stadium truck today >

So, we had a D-main in Stadium truck today

So, we had a D-main in Stadium truck today

Old 02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
Stadium is definitely a solid class now at OCRC and is continuing to pick up entries. I'll probably pick one up too.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Here at my local track we have a good ST class. Unfortunately it is 13.5 blinky. Anything less than mod for me is like watching paint dry. Step it up guys,lets get some POWER out their in the claybox!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bambambennett View Post
Here at my local track we have a good ST class. Unfortunately it is 13.5 blinky. Anything less than mod for me is like watching paint dry. Step it up guys,lets get some POWER out their in the claybox!

Yea you need at least a 10.5 in the ST trucks i used a 13.5 motor with higher gearing and it wasnt doing it for me . 17.5 even with boost and timing are to slow.

Thats why i like tracks that just have open motors on 2wd classes not to mention prevents cheating to min.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post

My main point is that people love to race stadium truck and we frigging go to C or D main all the time. Why aren't you others pulling your weight?
only because we have no decent outdoor tracks in our area
& Short bus's major popularity .
Old 02-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Well outdoor yea is kind of a diffrent story with ST trucks grated though the big bore shocks and Gullwings may help a good amount on bumpy/rutty loose tracks.

Must of the jumps these days are to big to double with them inless its a smaller one there good.

So indoor there perfect.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Yea you need at least a 10.5 in the ST trucks i used a 13.5 motor with higher gearing and it wasnt doing it for me . 17.5 even with boost and timing are to slow.

Thats why i like tracks that just have open motors on 2wd classes not to mention prevents cheating to min.
17.5 doesn't always mean slow. Last race I bumped from the D to the C to the B to the A and finished 6th with a 17.5 and bald tires. Truly it comes down to consistency. This week I ran a 13.5 and finished 2 positions worse, though I was 0.7 seconds faster on the fast lap. Not as consistent with a little bit more power.

The class is very big up here at Mike's R/C World and at Skagit River Raceway. We do only race every other week which does help to increase car counts, and we have a lot of "traditionalists" up here that never jumped on the Short Course bandwagon. No pissing contest necessary Wild Cherry or gticlay, all of us are beneficiaries of the strong 1/10 scale racing scene here in the PNW!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bdyche View Post
17.5 doesn't always mean slow. Last race I bumped from the D to the C to the B to the A and finished 6th with a 17.5 and bald tires. Truly it comes down to consistency. This week I ran a 13.5 and finished 2 positions worse, though I was 0.7 seconds faster on the fast lap. Not as consistent with a little bit more power.

The class is very big up here at Mike's R/C World and at Skagit River Raceway. We do only race every other week which does help to increase car counts, and we have a lot of "traditionalists" up here that never jumped on the Short Course bandwagon. No pissing contest necessary Wild Cherry or gticlay, all of us are beneficiaries of the strong 1/10 scale racing scene here in the PNW!

Im only saying that i felt the 17.5 with timing and higher gearing felt slow to me because i drove somebodys T4.2 . I race on carpet so that might be the reason why also . My 13.5 without timing with just hearing gearing was faster on the torque to mid end speed.

Must of us run 10.5 at are local track and like it better on a smaller tight track. 13.5 is ok the good thing is your tires do last longer .
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow...I wish we had that kind of turn out here. Our outdoor track usually only see's 7 or 8 st's at a time...then again, its geared more towards Ebuggs. No indoor, or true 10th scale tracks close....you guys got it made!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Still...

Trcr enjoys a hundred +more entree's per month and we race 4 days a week.

think I'm the lucky one ..
oh yea, the age old argument between George and me..my track(Mike's) gets 170 entries per race 2 or 3 times a month. George's track(TRCR) gets 20-30 entries per race, 4 times a week. George says his track has a higher entry count per month, he is counting the same 30 cars x 12 races. im counting the same 170 cars x 2 or 3 times a month.

it all is good, TRCR has some of the fastest guys in the state racing there and the place is awesome. Mike's has the largest club racing series in the state of washington and the whole northwest for that matter. both facilities have the indoor scene in washington covered.

the point being, ST is alive and well at my track, alot of guys that came into the hobby via the SC craze are starting to branch out into other cars, every race this year the 2 biggest classes are open truck and open 2w buggy, SC is no longer the biggest class.

Love ya George, each track has its plus's......
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by monty c View Post
oh yea, the age old argument between George and me..my track(Mike's) gets 170 entries per race 2 or 3 times a month. George's track(TRCR) gets 20-30 entries per race, 4 times a week. George says his track has a higher entry count per month, he is counting the same 30 cars x 12 races. im counting the same 170 cars x 2 or 3 times a month.

it all is good, TRCR has some of the fastest guys in the state racing there and the place is awesome. Mike's has the largest club racing series in the state of washington and the whole northwest for that matter. both facilities have the indoor scene in washington covered.

the point being, ST is alive and well at my track, alot of guys that came into the hobby via the SC craze are starting to branch out into other cars, every race this year the 2 biggest classes are open truck and open 2w buggy, SC is no longer the biggest class.

Love ya George, each track has its plus's......

Not here in the Northeast with ST the only track is my local track that actually gets enough every weekend to race four to 6 of them. I dont get it really i think what happen was a lot of guys who raced ST before SC came out have quit the hobby or just moved on to 4wd .

Not to mention if you look on the rc websites ST is rarely even mention not even the mags . Not to mention if you look at Hobby shops they dont really have any ST racing trucks at all. Accept one track i been to they have a RTR 22t thats been sitting there for a long time even know its marked down quite a bit !

Like i was saying SC on a tight indoor track is a hackfest not real racing. Outdoor there fine since its more spread out.