Search

Hobbywing HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing HELP

Hi Guy's

I have a Hobbywing 2250kv motor im transfering from MBX Tekno to the new MBX7eco,
The( Blue Covering) on the wires from the motor are frayed and i was wondering where i would find some new/better covering so i can replace before running the buggy,

The blue wire covering that runs into the Black plastic bit at the back!

Cheers Gordy
Old 02-08-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Heat shrink tubing should fix it.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 for the heat shrink but you may also consider disassembly and resoldering wire to the stator. Why are they frayed? Overheat, chemical exposure, or rough handling/ crash damage? If its from chemicals or overheat I would replace them all the way back to the stator if possible. Keep track of A B C.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kVar
+1 for the heat shrink but you may also consider disassembly and resoldering wire to the stator. Why are they frayed? Overheat, chemical exposure, or rough handling/ crash damage? If its from chemicals or overheat I would replace them all the way back to the stator if possible. Keep track of A B C.
Don't take the wires off or shorten them!

On this motor they are part of the winding (which is why they are so stiff near the can) and need to stay the correct length to function correctly.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kVar
None of the above no chemicals, overheating or rough usage, They are stiff and i have had them in a couple of directions, The blue rubbery tubing has just frayed and the motor is now going from mbx6 tekno into mbx7eco, so i would like to replace the protecting tube! Bit fussy like that!
Cheers Gordy
Old 02-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Precision1
Don't take the wires off or shorten them!

On this motor they are part of the winding (which is why they are so stiff near the can) and need to stay the correct length to function correctly.
Thanks for replies,

I would only like to replace the protective tubing without altering anything else! Do you have any idea as to where i can find some??

Cheers Gordy
Old 02-09-2014, 01:46 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gordy
Thanks for replies,

I would only like to replace the protective tubing without altering anything else! Do you have any idea as to where i can find some??
Just google for shrink tubing. Any hobby shop or electronics shop will have them. You have to measure the thickness of the bare wires but you will need something in the 2mm range (diameter after shrinking).