R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 AM   #16
Tech Regular

I run an LRP QC2 with no problem at all.

I also ran the LRP Sphere using a brushed motor and this was the same level of performance as the LRP QC2. but you also get the benifit of it being able to run brushless motors also. it has external solder tabs as you prefer.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:24 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i run a QC2 in my xxx4 with a 8x2 and have never had a problem, put a gtx in my 2wd the other night, i dont like it as much as the QC2, just not the same.... with the QC2 i run it right beside the receiver up the front and normally have the transponder and power cap at the rear, will post a pic if anyone wants. i just feel that if the speedo runs better when it doesnt have all the heat comming off the motor onto it

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

TerryM-You've got the best ESC for that application racing wise.Even though it doesnt have soldered post you can always open the esc when needed or have someone thats really good at soldering do it for you.If you cant of course.
If it wasnt the V7.1 it would be a older Tekin like the G12CIII which the V7.1 is pretty much modeled after.The external heatsinks REALLY HELP...

If you wanna see fire from the WORST PRODUCED and MOST repaired ESC in the WORLD then grab you a GT7.This has to be the biggest POS esc ever produced.Let's see how long did the factory Novak Guys run this esc?As long as they HAD to till something else came out.
They did fix this esc a lil with this inline cap but it's still a piece of crap and with no heat sinks this is one of the WORST decisions for 4wd offroad.

The Q1 or Q2 are good choices being you can grab the Worlds Kit but I still prefer the V7.1 over anything out there.
It's funny when this question gets asked how some of the most INEXPERIENCED guys answer.They are SOOOO caught up on the hype or price of things they have NO CLUE.
I am looking at the experience you have and Im right there with you trying about EVERYTHING in the book and V7.1 it is.

Problem here isnt your esc it's going to be the car.lol.
XX-4 is still the better 4wd handling jumps,rough area's and consistant traction BETTER than the XXX-4.People complained about the repair of the XX-4 but if you know where to cut the tunnel it's not really a issue.
Goodluck with the car my friend and I hope you have a great time with the 4wd.
V7.1 it is hands down.
Les
Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #19
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

When running 4wd e-buggy, my esc of choice was the Tekin G-10 series. Doesn't require the big Cap that other ESCs do, is about the size of a Novak Cyclone, and puts out amazing power. I was a big Cyclone fan, but afther going to this ESC, never would go back. The power output is something to see. You also get dual current limiters and probably the easiest ESC setup and configuration to do.

They now have the G-11 out and I believe they have a version of that with the regeneration circuitry that the G-9 was famous for.

Excellent ESCs.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty
I also ran the LRP Sphere using a brushed motor and this was the same level of performance as the LRP QC2.
He Doughty, how does the Sphere perform in that 4wd of yours? Is it quick enough for serious competition? Good luck next weak in italie
Wouter.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Wouter.Z - I am going to sit out the worlds this year

the sphere running a brushed motor is just as fast as the LRP QC2, I would have run it all day at the national but I switched cars and the car I switched to had a QC2 all ready installed.

running it with a brushless motor (LRP VECTOR 3star) is faster than 9 turn, I had to gear it different (as per instructions) but when I ran this at the UK Model Expo the car was silly quick!

sa basically, yes, the LRP Sphere is a high end competition speedo even when running a brushed motor