"totalled" hpi trophy flux buggy

"totalled" hpi trophy flux buggy

Old 01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Was the alloy brace bending before?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Ya the rear brace bent along with the chassis on a hard landing. im rebuilding this buggy i got pretty much for free so i figure ill try to do what i can to make it more durable in the future.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's unusual, the ball end should pop off before the brace bends beyond repair.
That said measure the distance between the braces and I'll check if Kyosho thick braces are compatible.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I found a hpi upgrade brace for the trophy 3.5, it doesn't list the flux. But if u look up the factory rear brace for the flux it says its compatible with the 3.5. i wonder if this will work? it won't let me post urls sorry. I suppose the ball end could have came off first, now that I look closer the bottom screw holding the rear brace was stripped. I bet it popped off on the previous owner and he ran without the brace causing the chassis to bend shortly after. The front brace is fine but if I could figure out an upgrade it couldn't hurt. I'll measure asap. Gotta love thrashed Rc mysteries!
Old 01-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugashane View Post
I found a hpi upgrade brace for the trophy 3.5, it doesn't list the flux. But if u look up the factory rear brace for the flux it says its compatible with the 3.5. i wonder if this will work? it won't let me post urls sorry. I suppose the ball end could have came off first, now that I look closer the bottom screw holding the rear brace was stripped. I bet it popped off on the previous owner and he ran without the brace causing the chassis to bend shortly after. The front brace is fine but if I could figure out an upgrade it couldn't hurt. I'll measure asap. Gotta love thrashed Rc mysteries!
This part?
Should fit, as the flux and 3.5 are basically the same buggy.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

yup thats it. im just kind of hesitant since it doesnt say flux, but i think it can be modded to work if it cant directly bolt on. i think im going to order that brace with my next parts order. it seems to me that this trophy flux could be made a decent buggy in the long run. we shall see
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just make a full length Chasis brace...I made one for my Flux Truggy...and beat the crap out if...no problem....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuStQiYCTc...that is a vid of one someone made
Old 01-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

i cant get that link to work but im pretty sure ive seen ppl doing that. it just looks kind of bulky.it might look better painted i suppose!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I painted mine black...looks pretty good....link works for me...idk whats wrong