Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread >

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Droop screws on the TM4 were a major reason for me running the TM4. I use droop regularly on my 8th off-roaders and touring cars. It is a quick adjustment that can balance front and rear grip to your needs. For off-road it has the added benefit of being adjusted to suit bumps and jumps.

"In my opinion droop is one of the more powerful adjustments that we can make to our car. It can dramatically affect the handling of a car with a couple of quick adjustments assuming you have droops screws."
Martin Crisp - XXXMain Chassis Setup Guide 2002
Old 08-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Team TM4 center diff upgrade kit TU0412. Only have 1.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...et-tu0412.html
Old 09-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

All,

Vendetta Hobbies will start to carry Team C parts. Parts are not listed on the site as of this email (kits are), but you can email them. I also added them to the first page.

[email protected]

https://vendettahobbies.com/
Old 09-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

If anyone is selling a tm4 please private message me
Old 12-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Been running my tm4 quite a bit lately at the new local indoor track. Very impressed with the car. But there's one thing that I'm looking to change. The car has an insane amount of steering, on and off power. Anybody have suggestions on how to tune some out? It just seems like the car has a crazy amount of steering travel. Didn't seem bad at first when I was running the wrong tires. Had a bit of push and that actually helped. But now that I'm running tires that grip the track, it can be a handful in the corners.

Track is a fairly small, tight clay track with a decent blue groove. Running bar type tires in super soft or mega soft compounds. Even though the surface is clay, clay compound tires don't seem to work at all.

For the time being, I've turned down the steering epa 15-20% in both directions. This has helped, but I just don't think it's the correct answer to the problem. Also, if I get out of the groove or overshoot a corner a little, it's really difficult to get back on track because of the wider turning radius combined with lack of traction outside of the race line.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-25-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yo Marry Christmas Harry........
Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Been running my tm4 quite a bit lately at the new local indoor track. Very impressed with the car. But there's one thing that I'm looking to change. The car has an insane amount of steering, on and off power. Anybody have suggestions on how to tune some out? It just seems like the car has a crazy amount of steering travel. Didn't seem bad at first when I was running the wrong tires. Had a bit of push and that actually helped. But now that I'm running tires that grip the track, it can be a handful in the corners.

Track is a fairly small, tight clay track with a decent blue groove. Running bar type tires in super soft or mega soft compounds. Even though the surface is clay, clay compound tires don't seem to work at all.

For the time being, I've turned down the steering epa 15-20% in both directions. This has helped, but I just don't think it's the correct answer to the problem. Also, if I get out of the groove or overshoot a corner a little, it's really difficult to get back on track because of the wider turning radius combined with lack of traction outside of the race line.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone still run this? Is there anywhere to get parts reliably in the USA? My son wants to try racing and these kits are at least somewhat reasonable for a 4WD buggy currently. I wouldn't mind trying it, but not if I have to order from China and pay a fortune for shipping each time.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
Does anyone still run this? Is there anywhere to get parts reliably in the USA? My son wants to try racing and these kits are at least somewhat reasonable for a 4WD buggy currently. I wouldn't mind trying it, but not if I have to order from China and pay a fortune for shipping each time.
DON'T DO IT!!!!!
Old 06-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

There are several around the midwest running these. They are fast and they have a great setup window. With the exception of the shock springs, mine is a box stock V2 and I can tweak on it to get the car to steer from nose to tail fairly quickly. If I want more steering I can get this thing to rotate right at the Nose, If I want it to rotate in the middle of the chassis, just a few tweaks and its a different handling car. itNow to get the rear end to bite in loamy conditions, I am still working on that but Throttle control is always the best method here. Parts can be ordered online.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
Kits and parts are available from www.teamcusa.us
Old 12-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone still running these? Iíve been running mine on carpet and itís been a beast.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vwjuice View Post
Anyone still running these? Iíve been running mine on carpet and itís been a beast.
I still run mine, I am chasing setups but I think its time to stop screwing around with it and start driving it. It is a good car! Plenty fast

Old 01-22-2019, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I miss mine, that was the best 4wd buggy I have ever owned. Really sensetive to roll center adjustments though.