R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 04:22 PM   #76
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
If I read it right, she was using her influence to make the tiltyard seem like a bad choice based on her emotions rather than for objective reasons.
She never told anyone to vote one way or another.... Homer is basing this off hearsay from somebody else.

When I have more time I will post how it REALLY went down... Including how Homer Broke into a confidential meeting he promised he would stay out of...
Old 07-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Allman
I think it was noted that I wasn't the ideal vacation spot for the ROAR officials and some of the factory dudes.

Where exactly do you live?
I live in Staunton.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:30 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Sean let's do talk about the secret starting grid forums. The ones that are not on a secure server, but still ROAR uses them for committee work. Passwords are easy to figure out. Want me to post yours?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:36 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Sean you make it so easy to make you look stupid. Here is a direct quote from the starting grid, by Mike Chapin. Who was on the fuel offroad committee at the time. These are Mike's words, not mine. I think this should debunk the hear say theory.

"I even asked to see the bid packages that were recieved for the nats.
Again I was told you would see what you could get to me in the short
time we had to work with, and I got nothing but a phone call from you
trying to convince me that Gears should get the race. I wonder how
many other committee members got a similar call."

Address this quote when you ge back. How can you explain that. Are you saying Mike lied?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:39 PM   #80
Tech Master

So you did hack your way in?

I'll make it short and sweet

Homer on afformentioned committee
Homer abstains from voting on aforementioned Nationals
Homer can't handle it and has to read
Homer breaks into committee
Homer reads stuff other members are saying about his track
Committee deadlocked on vote
Homer gets mad
Homer throws tissy fit
Homer sways committee's votes with tissy fit
Committee votes for GEARS club
Homer quits Committee and claims he was never on it
Homer denies breaking into committee
Homer blames Dawn for the change of vote
GEARS holds best ROAR nationals to date
Homer goes on rampage and starts junior high threads
Here we are talking about it....

The End.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:45 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Yes I used someone password to read the secret committee.
If I swayed the votes how did I lose?
I never quit the committee, they voted me off.
Now back to you dude. Address the Mike Chapin quote.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #82
Tech Master

As a matter of fact I am, I heard the phone call that she had with Mike.... It was in the parking lot at where both Dawn and I worked....

From the way I took it he still voted for your track.... As a matter of fact, this was right after a phone call from AW telling her about your break in....

I never once heard her say to anyone to not vote for your track AND I did hear her say after she got off the phone with him that she was still in support of your track and that she had promised to you to fight for your track.... She even had me convinced that the race should go to your track....

Your antics afterward was the deciding factor!!

Let's talk about the other night when she tried to PM you.... She wanted to hash things out with you and you told her to and I quote "Get lost"
Old 07-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #83
Tech Elite

I sure did.

Mike is a member of the Untied States military. He has much better things to do than lie about toy cars. I will take his word for it.

So what else do we need to talk about here?
Old 07-24-2005, 05:02 PM   #84
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Onced Tilted, you come back.
If this is true, since Adam Drake is not the fuel offroad committee chairman and he has been to the tiltyard before, guess he will ensure it will get the Fuel Nats in the future.

On another note, Many top nitro racers have been to the Tiltyard, here are most I can think off, Jared Tebo, Adam Drake, Kyle Skidmore, Mike Truhe, Ryac Cavaleiri, Jesse Robbers, Mark Pavidus, Travis Amezcua, Chris Crews, Billy Easton, etc. etc. If those guys pushed for you to get the gas nats, I bet you would have a greater chance at getting them than any other track. You claim and claim and claim, but that is all you seem to do. Everyone feels their home track is the best, but unless you can actually have a open mind on things, then your opinion is severely biased. I am from Houston and have raced at prolly close to 30+ different tracks across the south and south east, by far to me the best I have ever run at is 16 hours away from my house, it is Minnreg(best crew and very clean run races, which makes the races so much fun to goto). Do you hear them saying that they must get the Fuel nationals just because they want it since they were good enough to get the nationals and then a year later get the worlds? No, they would just submit a bid and if they didn't get it, I bet they would just take it, it wasn't ment for them to hold it. I seriously doubt they would go CRYING about what people did or said when deciding which track was awarded the event.

Homer, have you ever been to Hill Billies track Real-RC Raceway? I find it to be a great place to race, it is also like your track, in his back yard and about 30 minutes from a city(also like K&M here in houston, it is 30 minutes north of houston but only 15 minutes away from everything else), I feel it is out in the middle of no where as well and would return there to race. If I lived within an hour of your track I would prolly drive there to race, but I don't, and I would still concider it out in the middle of no where. So don't take offense to me saying it is out in the middle of no where.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #85
Tech Elite

I just don't like hearing about location. So what it's track. What happens at the track is the most important. And dude I'm not crying about not getting a race. I'm only crying about fairness for all ,not just me. I'm not sure if Dawn will admit this or not, but while we were talking , last year during the bid process. I also talked about being fair to Gears many times. I stood up for Gears. I pointed out Lances late bid and how it wasn't fair to either Gears or myself. This has nothing to do with Gears. They put on a fine race and I applaud them for it.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

I read this whole stupid thread, and I'm amazed that BOTH OF YOU have yet to be kicked outta ROAR. have the powers that be seen this garbage?
Why would you air this crap out in public? it's obviously personal, KEEP IT THAT WAY.

I'm glad I haven't gotten around to being a member...you people are both a few cells short of a stick pack, and if this is a representation of what ROAR is about, count me right the hell out. I saw enough of this crap back in 7th grade.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:27 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

so, Homer.. based on a conversation you could make up and repost, I'm supposed to apologize to you? Mike may be ex military as many others and I'm sure he's a stand up guy. I don't know him. I'm not going to talk about myself and defend my integrity as you see fit to do.

I did not call committee members to sway their vote. I will not apologize for you not getting the event you were itching to have more than anything. I will not apologize for the committee members having a problem with the location of your track nor the amenities they felt GEARS had over yours. I will not apologize for your stealing Aaron's password and breaking into a private forum.

Yes, I did phone Aaron to tell him to change his password. As I did Bobby. As I did Mike, David, Spark and the list goes on.

This is getting old and your above post tells me everything...

you have had over 1,000 hits on your site because of this and your sales are going well. That is your agenda. Very obvious.

No, I will not apolgize for doing you wrong as I did not. You and I talked the night you broke into the conference and I told you that was wrong and I didn't know what I could do. Yes, you were asked to leave the committee because they didn't trust you after that. That is fair. Consequences for YOUR actions. That's being an adult.

I will not battle this with you Homer. Smear all you like. I can't stop you but I don't have to respond. I'm sure the other drama queens here will love it and your website might need more bandwidth, or whatever ...
Old 07-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
IWhy would you air this crap out in public? it's obviously personal, KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Exactly. And its unfortunate.

Homer, Sean and I have some things to discuss... I wish it wasn't here. I hate the fact its he said, she said and people are attracted to it like a car wreck.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #89
Tech Elite

ok. now go back and edit it.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:09 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
This may sound like a Husband sticking up for his wife, but tell me if it were you, would you stay quiet?

Impresme: You have excellent views and ideas... I have thought these things for a very long time. Like you I once did not support ROAR. I tried to convince my former home track to be a NORCCA track when it was in it's early stages back in '93-'94. They went ROAR because the county property that the track was on would not accept NORCCA's insurance at the time (As far as I know they do not offer this now) I have some questions for you and this pertains to Homers antics of late... How does making "Internet Petitions" to remove people (That have a passion for our hobby) from an organization going to make things better? With that question, I would like to ask, Who has been in the spotlight for ROAR and taking ALL the heat by herself for anything that has happenned to and with ROAR?

Dawn has tried to answer questions to the best of her ability to anyone who asks for 3 years now.... Before that time were you ever able to ask or even get a hold of an ex-com member? I can answer that for you, it was like trying to pull teeth from an angy grizzly bear. I tried hundreds of times.... Even private messaged the former pres once about something and he basically told me to "Beat it" (No wasn't his exact words but was the impression I got)

These "Petitions" are being made to run people away.... Why would getting rid of people be a good thing for this hobby? Don't we want more people involved with it and not less? This thread and the other one on TTT are absolutely absurd! Dawn does not run ROAR by herself! She is however the one that takes all the heat.... Why should she be "Banned" for this?

I find it funny, that one day Dawn is telling me that Homer is a nice guy and that she claims she has this internet friendship with him that ranges from knowing birthday's, Astrological signs, how to feed Ferrits, How to take care of Frogs.... You know how I know this? Homer and I are both Virgo's and Lisa and Dawn are both Leo's.... They were friends and Dawn claimed him to be a friend...... The next day, hatred..... I just wish that they would just talk and resolve there differences because all of this is stupid.... Reminds me of junior high.

My vote is to get rid of all the negativity and everyone work together to make things better for our sport.... ESPN or whoever will not ever get into something that has such negative attitudes towards our sport. ROAR has what 6000 members.... That is nothing in comparison to the AMA which has over 160,000 members.... Our racing community is very small in comparison to other hobby related interests.... You could take all the people that are ROAR members, all the people that are RCP members, all the people that are NORRCA members, combined, would not even be close to the AMA even if you used the same names twice, three times, four times or more.... With our small amount of people we seem to have the most controversy, why would any broadcasting station want to have anything to do with this???

Sean- I don't know why you are asking me about petitions, antics and the like!

I didn't start a petition nor have I "signed" one FOR ANYTHING! I just thought that since Dawn is the "promotions" person for ROAR I knew see was reading this one I would ask some LEGIT questions, WHY IS THERE A REASON FOR YOU TO NEED TO TAKE UP FOR HER! You have comeon here and had your say with Homer and Lisa!

Now someone that has ask SIMPLE questions of Dawn you call out with things that, that person has nothing to do with.

If you are wanting me to bad mouth Homer, Lisa or Dawn...... Not gonna happen!

You say "like you I once did not support ROAR" Where did I say that? I just went to the ROAR Region 2 Carpet race, and will be going to the ROAR nats in Oct. So I do support ROAR, I just don't like SOME of the way things are being done and the direction it is heading. I think that is what everyone else that read my post got from it!

Also, you say you had those ideas along time ago.... why hasn't anything EVER been said, done or tried?

You talk about ESPN not being interested because of low member numbers and the negativity.... I AGREE! I realize that next week I am not going to see RC racing on ESPN, But with your attitude towards that I wan't see it in 5 yrs either. Also my comment was If I can see LOG ROLLING on espn at 2 in the morning why not RC RACING. You must like LOG ROLLING....

ROAR could and SHOULD be more than it is now.

BTW would the things I have ask/ suggested been seen by so many in the ROAR part of this forum? LOL

Anthony Saunders
Closed Thread