R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #61
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

This may sound like a Husband sticking up for his wife, but tell me if it were you, would you stay quiet?

Impresme: You have excellent views and ideas... I have thought these things for a very long time. Like you I once did not support ROAR. I tried to convince my former home track to be a NORCCA track when it was in it's early stages back in '93-'94. They went ROAR because the county property that the track was on would not accept NORCCA's insurance at the time (As far as I know they do not offer this now) I have some questions for you and this pertains to Homers antics of late... How does making "Internet Petitions" to remove people (That have a passion for our hobby) from an organization going to make things better? With that question, I would like to ask, Who has been in the spotlight for ROAR and taking ALL the heat by herself for anything that has happenned to and with ROAR?

Dawn has tried to answer questions to the best of her ability to anyone who asks for 3 years now.... Before that time were you ever able to ask or even get a hold of an ex-com member? I can answer that for you, it was like trying to pull teeth from an angy grizzly bear. I tried hundreds of times.... Even private messaged the former pres once about something and he basically told me to "Beat it" (No wasn't his exact words but was the impression I got)

These "Petitions" are being made to run people away.... Why would getting rid of people be a good thing for this hobby? Don't we want more people involved with it and not less? This thread and the other one on TTT are absolutely absurd! Dawn does not run ROAR by herself! She is however the one that takes all the heat.... Why should she be "Banned" for this?

I find it funny, that one day Dawn is telling me that Homer is a nice guy and that she claims she has this internet friendship with him that ranges from knowing birthday's, Astrological signs, how to feed Ferrits, How to take care of Frogs.... You know how I know this? Homer and I are both Virgo's and Lisa and Dawn are both Leo's.... They were friends and Dawn claimed him to be a friend...... The next day, hatred..... I just wish that they would just talk and resolve there differences because all of this is stupid.... Reminds me of junior high.

My vote is to get rid of all the negativity and everyone work together to make things better for our sport.... ESPN or whoever will not ever get into something that has such negative attitudes towards our sport. ROAR has what 6000 members.... That is nothing in comparison to the AMA which has over 160,000 members.... Our racing community is very small in comparison to other hobby related interests.... You could take all the people that are ROAR members, all the people that are RCP members, all the people that are NORRCA members, combined, would not even be close to the AMA even if you used the same names twice, three times, four times or more.... With our small amount of people we seem to have the most controversy, why would any broadcasting station want to have anything to do with this???
Old 07-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #62
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH
I find it funny that someone would really think the "real" JJ would even think of posting on a toy car forum. Maybe I should sign up under a new name. Hummmm, maybe I'll be Paul Sr. from OCC choppers and come out and put a size 12 up someones ass! LOL
You can find IP addresses on this site.... Or at least you used to... Get the address and trace it...
Old 07-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Sean it's called fairness. This why I want to see Dawn gone. She called members of a committee and told them another track would be a better choice and to vote for them. If everything was fair, she would have just shut up and let the procedure takes it's own natural course. But no she had to tamper with what was gong on. You are right we were friends up until the point I found out about her calling committe members and tampering with things she had no reason to. Dawn did not want to see me have that race, thats fine, but when see called people telling them I was not a good choice, she crossed the friendship line and the ROAR ethics line. Until she can come out of that little workd in Arizona and admit her wrongs doings don't expect me to go away.

I will add that since these petitons have started my wbsite has seen 1000's of hits and my sells are going throught he roof. Keep up the good work. :-)
Old 07-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #64
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
My vote is to get rid of all the negativity and everyone work together to make things better for our sport.... ESPN or whoever will not ever get into something that has such negative attitudes towards our sport.
Much like respect, negativity is something earned.

Funny you would mention national television coverage. Inside RC is covering one qualifier from each division of RCP this year. The coverage for round 2 in the east has already been on the air. Also, coverage of RCP east round 2 at the original Farm site in NC made Dave Despain's Wind Tunnel last year. It's amazing what can happen when those involved actually care about promoting our sport and are willing to do what it takes to make it happen. As long as we are on the subject of promotion, RCP is organizing a winter indoor electric series as we speak. Under the stewardship of ROAR, electric off road is hovering on the brink of extinction, (it's already gone around here), but I'd be willing to lay even odds that this new series will spark a major revival in electric off road racing that will reach all the way to the club level.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Sean it's called fairness. This why I want to see Dawn gone. She called members of a committee and told them another track would be a better choice and to vote for them. If everything was fair, she would have just shut up and let the procedure takes it's own natural course. But no she had to tamper with what was gong on. ...
she crossed the friendship line and the ROAR ethics line. ...
Isn't that were the discussion comes from Homer, people giving their view points to others before a vote is done? Otherwise people go into things blind, sure seems like what goes on at elections. But lets not give view points, just put a list down and flip a coin eliminating tracks and which ever gets it gets it.

ROAR ethics, is that something new you just created to try and use against her?
Old 07-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Isn't that were the discussion comes from Homer, people giving their view points to others before a vote is done? Otherwise people go into things blind, sure seems like what goes on at elections. But lets not give view points, just put a list down and flip a coin eliminating tracks and which ever gets it gets it.

ROAR ethics, is that something new you just created to try and use against her?
If I read it right, she was using her influence to make the tiltyard seem like a bad choice based on her emotions rather than for objective reasons. It's the same as someone telling a prospective employer that you're a jackass, even if you are completely capable of doing the job and you then don't get chosen based on this.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #67
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
If I read it right, she was using her influence to make the tiltyard seem like a bad choice based on her emotions rather than for objective reasons. It's the same as someone telling a prospective employer that you're a jackass, even if you are completely capable of doing the job and you then don't get chosen based on this.
But since she is part of the excomm, what would be the difference if she would have waited till the excomm meeting to speak her opinion there? Nothing different, either way she gave her opinion that she felt there was a better location that she felt should get it. To me it is no different than what the supreme court judges do for every case the see. They get the information, review it then give their views on the stuff trying to convince the others on the bench to see his views and possibly vote his way(if it is the right way). If the Tiltyard was the better choice, the other member of the Excom would have seen that when they reviewed the information packets that were sent in with the bid, and they would have choosen that track and not allowed anyone to persuade them away from it. The impression I am getting is that the Excom should only go off what the information packet says with no ones OPINIONS added to it. To me that would make it the most unfair way of choosing anything because anyone can promise the moon in the packet(and NO I am not saying that is what happened), get the race and then the racers will be the ones who get messed over because the promises given can not be fullfilled.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #68
Tech Elite

AWOL let me know where to send the check. You nailed it dude.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Tol it is up to the committee to recommend a site. The same committe tht never seen my bid. The committee should not be influence by the ex comm. Let the committee do it's job and then if you want to over ride them, so be it. This is like dawm poking her head in the jury room saying, find him guilty.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Didn't you originally claim Arron Waldron was another reason you did not get the race? Or was that a fallacy that you deemed not worthy of persuing? Now it solely falls on Dawns shoulders because Arron is no longer in your crosshairs anymore.

This is great entertainment
Old 07-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Allman
AWOL let me know where to send the check. You nailed it dude.
Ha ha, I live near you, i'll come pick it up.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
But since she is part of the excomm, what would be the difference if she would have waited till the excomm meeting to speak her opinion there? Nothing different, either way she gave her opinion that she felt there was a better location that she felt should get it. To me it is no different than what the supreme court judges do for every case the see. They get the information, review it then give their views on the stuff trying to convince the others on the bench to see his views and possibly vote his way(if it is the right way). If the Tiltyard was the better choice, the other member of the Excom would have seen that when they reviewed the information packets that were sent in with the bid, and they would have choosen that track and not allowed anyone to persuade them away from it. The impression I am getting is that the Excom should only go off what the information packet says with no ones OPINIONS added to it. To me that would make it the most unfair way of choosing anything because anyone can promise the moon in the packet(and NO I am not saying that is what happened), get the race and then the racers will be the ones who get messed over because the promises given can not be fullfilled.
The tiltyard has been called one of the best tracks in the country, why would it all of a sudden not be a viable choice? The point here is that a choice was made not based on objectivity.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #73
Tech Elite

I think it was noted that I wasn't the ideal vacation spot for the ROAR officials and some of the factory dudes.

Where exactly do you live?
Old 07-24-2005, 03:19 PM   #74
Tech Regular

The Tiltyard yes has been viewed as one of the best ELECTRIC TRACKS in the nation. But Nitro is another story, until it can get that said about it from the majority of nitro racers, then it wont have that said about it from that side of the offroad racing scene. You can not claim that the Tiltyard has not held a large nitro event for top drivers to attend. It has held a large nitro event with top factory drivers in attendance, and it seems that those top drivers are not pushing to go back, otherwise Homer could host a large event and the top drivers will come and then push to get other top drivers and ROAR to hold a Nationals at the track. I mean there are way more ways to get top drivers there and he is not even giving those ideas a notion. He has put on large payout money races but top drivers still did not attend. The only thing I really see that does hurt the Tiltyard is the fact it is so far away from everything. Other than that, no one can give anything negative about it.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Tol have you ever been here? How do you know how far back I am? Who has came that does not come back? Onced Tilted, you come back. I just started racing nitro about 3 years ago. Since then I've done everything to dedicate this track to nitro 1/8th racing. We do not even race electric cars anymore. I've been to the "bigger" tracks. To say the Tiltyard is not a nitro track is absurd at best. Why don't the factory guys come here I can't say. I think it's fear of the unknown.
Tol you talk like know so much about me, yet you know so little. You are at least persistent and constant. In my book thats a good thing, so keep it up.
Closed Thread