R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Its a free country let em bit~ just don't listen to him.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #32
Tech Elite

No one sells Xray XB8 stuff cheaper online than me. If you find a cheaper price let me know.

Just say. I did it and I'm sorry. Thats it!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

I think all you people need to go volunteer at a hospital and see people with REAL problems.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Could it be...... I am starting to feel some love in here? Plus its been a few hours since anyone posted on the other forum.....

I will say this I have known Lisa and Homer for about 5 yrs (even thought I no longer race Off-road) I still follow the Yard and everything related in hopes that the "ole Gang" will reunite for some good old Elec. off-road.

Homer and Lisa both have a PURE PASSION for RC racing and RACERS! I feel Homers pain with Roar, I see alot of the same problems as him and i know he has had more run ins they I, Because I too would love to click on ESPN, Speed Channel or any channel for that matter and see RC racing in the main stream. I just don't see ROAR taking us in that direction or even close. I mean if I can watch Log rolling at 2 in the morn. why not the ROAR nats? LOL

Dawn- I know you will see this so I have some simple questions/thoughts. Not intended to flame or to lead to flames. Just Ideas!

1: When a track places a bid for ANY ROAR race why doesn't ROAR find out how many ppl actually Club race at that track? I know a track near me that got TWO Different State races this year and can't get but 3 or 4 ppl once a month for club racing. That is not helping promote ROAR or RC. I know you don't have final say so on who gets the bid, but you do have some say/input.

2: When a ROAR National is bid on and won by "X-TRACK" Why not run a small ad in the sports section of a few newspapers near that track? Adds in local papers aren't that expensive. Let the public see what is out there. When Nascar comes to Martinsville I can't open the newpaper for about 2 months prior and not see something dealing with NASCAR. Roar could help maybe split that cost with "X-Track" owner.

3: Could ROAR contact the local news crew a few weeks/months in advance to come by "X-Track" to shoot a 3 min. segment on the racing and NATIONAL event to be held there? Most News crews will do this for FREE, but you have to let them know, you know Promotions.....

4: ROAR needs to give the track owner some advice in how to advertise for a race.

Some of the things I posted maybe should be the track owners concerns, but most of them would never consider this. With ROAR having had WAY more experience with running, putting on races, ROAR should pass this on!

Maybe ROAR should in the next REV-UP have a section for members to write in what they want to see at a ROAR event, how the would promote RC racing and ROAR then the Ex-Com could sit down and incorporate some of the BEST ideas into a "things to do/not do or need too know" package for track owners. When a track sends in the membership dues they get a package back. In this package it would explain how a drivers meeting should go, what to tell the drivers, how to BETTER promote thier track and ROAR. Track owners should post out fliers at local School, Malls, local Festivals things of this nature. For ANY OF THIS TO GROW ppl have to know its out there. I have been involved in RC off and on for over 10yrs. and the promotions haven't moved forward. Most ppl see my RC stff and ask "What is that, can I get it at Toys R' us or Radio Shack"

The Track should be PROUD to be part of ROAR.

Tracks signs and ads should read:

X-Track
123 racing Lane
Anytown,USA
ROAR affiliated (this line when read should mean something) Structure! I should be able to goto ANY track that is ROAR affiliated and know WHAT TO EXPECT!

Not:

X-Track we race off-road or on-road on Sat. come on out!

Thanks,
Anthony Saunders
Old 07-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Allman
I'd like to get him out of r/c racing. I'd like to haul the clay off and build a pool. And of course I'd close down Hotel Hommie on race weekend. And I'd like to get the portapotty out of my yard. Oh, and I'd like to have my $35 wasted ROAR membership dollars back that I spend each year.

Let's see...., by my count.....

Sean Sanchez
Lisa Bryant

Next......

Lisa,

You know that isn't ever going to happen! Homie will have a radio in his hand when they put him 6ft under!

Last Time I was there you had a Pool....... It was just used for the track! LOL
Old 07-22-2005, 10:28 PM   #36
Tech Master

As the R/C World Turns...........

(buy my traction compound)

Jeff
Old 07-23-2005, 12:36 AM   #37
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

Wha...?
Old 07-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #38
Tech Adept

Man this is better than any of the soaps, and on demand to boot.

To describe the ROAR representation in my region as abysmal would be grossly unfair. That would infer that even though it's bad, we at least had some representation. A more accurate description of the ROAR presence around here would be nonexistent, and has been that way for at least the last 5 years. No personal axe to grind here, just stating the simple truth about the state of ROAR as it applies to me as an individual. I tried to join ROAR but my membership fee somehow vanished, along with the dues several others paid at the same time, at the same race, to the same ROAR rep. When we tried to find out what happened to our money, all anyone got from ROAR was a shrug and a "What do you want us to do about it?" attitude. You would think an organization the size of ROAR would take notice when they got the same report from at least 10 different people, all from the same race regarding the same ROAR rep. The track owner even backed us up, but in the end it all fell on deaf ears and 4 years later we are all still out our ROAR dues and no membership. Judging from the open letters to ROAR I've seen in several national publications this year, it's somewhat understandable (in a very sad way) that problems with regional reps stealing membership dues would not be a priority for the national office. The phenomenal growth of RCP in the last few years is proof of what comes from listening to racers and actually responding to that input. ROAR, are you listening?
Old 07-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james
This dude is kicking and screaming because he didn't get his way. He's got a big stiffy to get Dawn out of ROAR. From what I've read, he has no credibilty and is giving this hobby or sport or whatever you want to call it a bad name. Not sure what his deal is. Hope I never see him in the L.B.C., Me and my crew would Monsterize his a$$...
Yah I'm sure you're the real jesse james... shouldn't you and Sandra Bullock be on a honemoon about now?
Old 07-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #40
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to handyrandyrc Send a message via AIM to handyrandyrc

Someone needs to quote Dawn's posts before she comes back and edits them. The drama's now gone! Next time, just do a quick quote with the text "QFT" to let everyone know "Quoted for Truth"... I missed it this time!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default New R.O.A.R President.....

I vote "Imprsnme" Anthony Saunders next R.O.A.R Prez

Seriously....I have been reading a lot lately about how bad R.O.A.R is and seen all the flames and such. So far though, in all the reading I have done...Anthony seems to be the only one who has actually taken the time to post positive, good ideas to hopefully promote a change.And, what he has suggested are good ideas,IMO. I personally dont do anything more than racing at my LHS( I dont think I run consistently well enough to travel, otherwise I would consider it)...because of this, I dont think R.O.A.R affects me too much. Im also beginning to wonder if, and how if so, I should consider getting involved with R.O.A.R...not just as a member, but actually being on the "committee". Not that I have any ideas on how to promote or make things better...but I do have a passion for RC racing and Im sure ideas would come to me if I did get involved. Only question is...would anyone listen?

As for the idea that Regional Reps are possibly stealing membership dues...I seriously pray that you get damned to an eternal existence in RC glitch hell...and on a more personal level...may you be hung by your scrotum and forced to endure Chinese water torture.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Oops!!!

spellcheck..,...Imprsme...no N...sorry
Old 07-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyrandyrc
Someone needs to quote Dawn's posts before she comes back and edits them. The drama's now gone! Next time, just do a quick quote with the text "QFT" to let everyone know "Quoted for Truth"... I missed it this time!

apologies Randy.... seemed the right choice to be an adult and listen to what Homer has to say. I might not agree with it but I have no right, as does anybody, to state things about others that insinuate wrong doing.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #44
Tech Elite

fhm101 - who are you and what region do you live in? This is the first time I have heard of that one... and its worth looking into. Please email me?
Old 07-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #45
Tech Elite

impresme - working on a response... give me time.
Closed Thread