Internet petition to have Homer Allman removed from R/C racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet petition to have Homer Allman removed from R/C racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Ok i have read all of this lets not bash any more!.....Lets talk about what roar should do like Anthony Saunders was doing a few pages ago. Comitee stuff has been adressed. The way i see is that the ROAR members dont have nearly as much say as they should. I have no idea where these so-called ROAR forums are and also look at how many people voted in the last election, you say there are 6,000 total members- how many voted? And those who voted where they informed voters?- because i, much like the rest of your memebers know of absolutely nothing of what is happening in ROAR. I would love to see ROAR be a huge organization for racing but if things dont get changed, in almost every aspect, starting with giving memebers more information, i see RC Pro-Series taking over and then ROAR will be gone for- ever......The president doesnt go to war without the citizens knowing about it. ROAR is stuck in the early 90's and they arent catching up nearly as fast as they should.......Just my 2 cents
Old 07-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by smaxxman
Ok i have read all of this lets not bash any more!.....Lets talk about what roar should do like Anthony Saunders was doing a few pages ago. Comitee stuff has been adressed. The way i see is that the ROAR members dont have nearly as much say as they should. I have no idea where these so-called ROAR forums are and also look at how many people voted in the last election, you say there are 6,000 total members- how many voted? And those who voted where they informed voters?- because i, much like the rest of your memebers know of absolutely nothing of what is happening in ROAR. I would love to see ROAR be a huge organization for racing but if things dont get changed, in almost every aspect, starting with giving memebers more information, i see RC Pro-Series taking over and then ROAR will be gone for- ever......The president doesnt go to war without the citizens knowing about it. ROAR is stuck in the early 90's and they arent catching up nearly as fast as they should.......Just my 2 cents
i agree 100%
Old 07-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

i deff agree with that
Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Things I would like to see

website with some promotion.

website with some pictures from events.

website with race results, including nationals and regionals

website with pictures of regional and national winners.

website with pictures of ROAR exec's

An official ROAR forum.

Online voting

Bylaws posted on the web

minutes from meetings, so we as racers actually know what going on with our org.

This list could go on......
Old 07-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

I absolutely agree.....by the way ROAR- if you need an example for this stuff go here- Click Here
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Racers, members and trackowners need open lines on communciations.

No matter how many times Lisa asks what time it is, answer it,

The hobby really needs some promotions. The best I've seen at promoting ROAR events is Chris Raffelli. He gets the word out there on the net. I think he's promoted every race in his region.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman

An official ROAR forum.

Online voting

Bylaws posted on the web

minutes from meetings, so we as racers actually know what going on with our org.

I may not agree with the way Homer has gone about things since his bid was denied but I completely agree with the things posted here that he would like to see happen.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Though these debates my be precieved as sour grapes for a race lost, it's not. I'm really just tired of seeing Dawn act the way she does on the ROAR forums on this site. How many times have we heard ok we are done here thread closed. These nazi tactics are outdated. Mabye she should try the catching more racers with sugar techinque. At this time, I'm not involved in the ROAR exec comm. However if I were I would welcome ROAR conversations, not close them because it's too tough to deal with. I would work my ass off to shut dudes like me up by providing answers, insight and goals. Every ROAR member is just as important as the other, even the squeaky wheels.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman

An official ROAR forum.

Online voting

Bylaws posted on the web

Homie- I knew there was something to this MADNESS! LOL

Dude everyone of the things you posted here NEED to be dealt with.

Now this is how WE get to moving forward.

That is why one of my suggestions was in the next REV-UP the last two pages need to have a What do you want to see done/changed , What is your opinion of ROAR, How many ROAR races did you attend. Kinnda thing to be sent back in.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

I also think its funny that the faces of ROAR that come on here always say that the ROAR membership is growing. I think they feel just becasue there are 6000 members this year vs say 5000 last year ROAR is moving forward in the right way.

I on the other hand say so WHAT if you have new members, IF most of those MEMBERS (new and OLD) see ROAR is broken. And aren't getting what they want from it.

SOME OF US WILL still be members JUST BECAUSE WE LIKE TO RACE! I attend ROAR events because I know I will be racing with like minded ppl! Not because ROAR is so GREAT.

A few more questions to ANY of the ROAR faces on here......

How do you guys feel when Non-Sanctioned races draw more entries than a ROAR National? Example Snowbirds, Cleveland, Losi Race, Reedy the list could go on.

How do you as a Sanctioning body feel when a racers says lets get the ppl from those races to run the ROAR events?

and last

How do you feel when more and more ppl are trying to get "BIG" races and not even worrying with ROAR? They are taking the hobby under thier own wing to help it grow without ROAR?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity:
if only 6,000 people are ROAR members, how many are participating in the RC Pro series? Anybody know?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Old 07-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Orange

I like the response..... I figured that is what I would get........

If you have time to put JUNK up like that why not answer questions? Or just don't post at all!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Sean is crying because he knows Dawn and him are on their ways out. I guarantee it will be done.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry that was me, Homer, not Lisa. I'm the nice one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.