Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet petition to have Homer Allman removed from R/C racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Actually, I can answer that. Two people on the committee had memberships that lapsed by several days. It happens. Sometimes you get that renewal notice and you leave it until payday to pay the dues. Relax. When the committee was formed, I personally verified the membership status and found those two.
With all due respect, why were those people making desicions regarding ROAR's best interest, if they were no longer ROAR members? This is the thing I do not understand. If there are so many people out there, why not get 2 other racers to serve on the commitee. If your license expires, you do not pass GO, you do not collect $200. You pay $200, it's that simple. The ROAR commitee should not contain people who care so little as to wait to open their mail. Try putting off the cable bill, see how long you last without paying. Find suitable people to serve on commitee's, and don't make exeptions. The thing is, EVERY PERSON on that commitee, even yourself, should be considered by ROAR, as expendible. No one should have a steak in the ground, and no one should be given an edge. If you start to place senorities on people, then you might as well rig the commitee anyway! I'm not saying it was done on puropose, but if those 2 people had just been dismisssed politely from the comitee, this whole argument would be void, wouldn't it? Homer, please do not take this as a pledge of allegence. Dawn, please do not take this as offensive. I am being totally unbiased, and if at anytime I become biased towards one side or another, I will politely withdraw from the thread.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Platinum I'm not trying to get people to side with me. Lisa and I are just pointing out what we feel is wrong. Some will agree, many will not. Change never comes easy. If we can not discuss this openly then is ROAR really for the racers or the few ex comm membes with internet fortitude. ROAR is suppose to be about all of us, not select few.

Notice when I busted Dawn on Jake not being a member she left the kitchen.

I would like to ask you readers a question so it does not seem baised from me. If you had a member list of all ROAR members and one of last years committee members is not on that list, that Dawn said she busted, would you say he's not a ROAR member?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Of course he's not a member. All I am saying is that some exeptions that may benefit the individual, like those who got to serve on the comitee despite their ROAR status, may not benefit the whole. Either Dawn likes doing paperwork, or she had a knack for making things hard for herself. At the same time, people make mistakes, I make mistakes, you make mistakes Lisa makes mistakes, even Dawn, makes mistakes, and pointing them out for the world to see isn't always the best answer. How would you like it if everyone pointed out your flaws. It isn't all Dawns fault either, if ROAR would revise their structure, she probably wouldn't have to deal with so many problems from everyone. All of ROAR's issues don't lie on her shoulders, nor should they. It isn't her responsibility to fix ROAR. It isn'r ROAR's fault, at lease not as an orgonization, that you didn't get the race. The rules and regulations at the time were to leanient to allow for the problems that the commitee was faced with. Most of the rules however seemed to have been followed. I am not saying it was an acceptable thing to let non-current members on the comitee, but it happened, and I'm sure it won't happen again.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Platinum I'm not trying to get people to side with me. Lisa and I are just pointing out what we feel is wrong. Some will agree, many will not. Change never comes easy. If we can not discuss this openly then is ROAR really for the racers or the few ex comm membes with internet fortitude. ROAR is suppose to be about all of us, not select few.

Notice when I busted Dawn on Jake not being a member she left the kitchen.

I would like to ask you readers a question so it does not seem baised from me. If you had a member list of all ROAR members and one of last years committee members is not on that list, that Dawn said she busted, would you say he's not a ROAR member?

ok,you have pointed it out 5000 TIMES!!!! let it the hellllllllllllllllllllll gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

and you can all go to the Trinity site under electric forum and sign my petition to ban ME from ROAR......that way if any of you ever see me getting ready to join you can slap the sh!t outta me....
Old 07-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Roar and NORRCA both should be disbanded and the guys who put on the snowbirds,the cactus classic and the hot rod hobbies offroad shootout should make the rules....

geeeezus h!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Dawn,Rick and Sean---just a little thought,quit replying on this thread,the more you reply the more Homer spouts off,quit replying and he wont have as much to say,the thread will die and we can all get on with our lives..please for the love of GOD,ALLAH,JESUS.....WHATEVER!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Have you guys ever seen Homer's tracks? They look like golf courses!
That is the number one most important work that is done in this hobby- TRACKS!!!
I am not aware of any single other person that puts more work into this hobby than Homer.
Spout off all you want Homer (I haven't even read this thread myself...) as long as you build tracks on YOUR LAND that you SHARE with other people, YOU are the rightgeous one in my book.
Better yet, start the H.O.A.R (Homer's Off road Association of Racers) sanctioning body and have your own Nationals. If you got some sponsors on board I'm sure the big guy's would come.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

ummmm he said "hoar".....yeah yeah i know its spelled different but it's still funny

anyways from what i am reading it has nothing to do with how the track is prepared and a lot to do with how the owner PRESENTS himself AND his facilities....both of which in the past week haven't been represented well.....
Old 07-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

if ROAR would revise their structure, she probably wouldn't have to deal with so many problems from everyone....The rules and regulations at the time were to leanient to allow for the problems that the commitee was faced with...... I am not saying it was an acceptable thing to let non-current members on the comitee, but it happened, and I'm sure it won't happen again.
ROAR should revise their structure - let's see some progress.

Rules & regulations at the time were to leanient - have there been guidelines developed? Most everyone seems to be in agreement that there needed to be some changes. Have they been made? What are they?

Won't happen again? How can it not without guidelines?

I am the track owner, not Homer.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Dawn & Rick should absolutely be available to answer any questions regarding the organization in which they represent.

I believe they are asking for flack by not answering questions directly.

If I ask what time it is, I don't want to hear "take it a private email", or "here is the history of the sundail" or get a lecture on how my post is too dramatic to be answered.

All I want to know is that it's 6:15.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is tricky.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Whenever you are chasing an orgonization around for an answer, it's not going to come easy. If someone died of a heart attack in McDonalds, McDonalds wouldn't want to admit it. If it was their fault or not, it still looks bad, on paper, on TV, in forums, it's bad publicity. Even if ROAR had made the changed you speak of, they may not want to post it because it would imply an admission of guilt. By telling everyone in the world some guy died in McDonalds, you assume that it was the Fish Fillet that killed him, not his existing heart condition. ROAR probably just wants to wait till you guys settle down before they bring about change. If they chane now, it looks like you made them change, and that you forced them to give in. I'll bet anyone that if you guys would just take your battle to more publicized venues, they would change twice as fast. Reposting the same information over and over again is pointless. You may just be posting TTT, or bump, because thats all that is happening. If you find some other way to go after these people, then mabey they will change just to stop you fromm discrediting them somewhere where it will really hurt them. We understand your problem, and we understand why you may think it's a big deal, it is. Keeping this thread alive won't do anything to help you get nationals next year. Keeping this thread alive doesn't bring about change. The way you attacked ROAR put them on the defensive, now they fear that change would make them look weak, and in any orgonization, that's not a very good thing.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

I understand what you're trying to say. However, I think that ROAR would look stronger if they said "Hey, we saw flaws and we made changes. This is what we thought needed to be done......"

I've also requested that this situation be reviewed begininng last OCTOBER. Certainly, a simple situation as Rick described it yesterday, wouldn't take more than 9 months to resolve.

This thread was brought about to get Homer out of racing. Others changed the topics - not me. I'm just participating in the conversation.

Can someone offer a current count?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lisa Bryant
Dawn & Rick should absolutely be available to answer any questions regarding the organization in which they represent.

I believe they are asking for flack by not answering questions directly.

If I ask what time it is, I don't want to hear "take it a private email", or "here is the history of the sundail" or get a lecture on how my post is too dramatic to be answered.

All I want to know is that it's 6:15.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is tricky.
its 9:35 my time...get a watch.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Legend

Give um all da boot !

cept Homer .....
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

maybe there was a secret Ex-com meeting about racers not allowed to wear watches, besides, you'll never get the right time of day from volunteers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.