R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:35 PM   #166
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmichael
why a couple of people were voting for a ROAR issue that were not ROAR members then why should i be a ROAR member.
Actually, I can answer that. Two people on the committee had memberships that lapsed by several days. It happens. Sometimes you get that renewal notice and you leave it until payday to pay the dues. Relax. When the committee was formed, I personally verified the membership status and found those two. I posted in the PRIVATE forum to the committee to get that handled. It was handled within days.

BTW Homer or Lisa, I'm confused at this point, the board meeting minutes are public record. They are not private. I found them on Google by simply typing your address.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 PM   #167
Tech Initiate

I'm assuming you're responding to Homer's complaint that you aired our private business.....that's an issue I'll leave for him to address to you.

I think you know, because I've told you before, I'm not afraid to answer any questions.

We all have pasts.....no point in hiding from them. Key is to learn from them. For pete's sake if Washington DC can reelect a crack addicted mayor, what do I have to be afraid of?

I guess the more interesting question is why you erased that post after you made it?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #168
Tech Regular

Can I add something?

If choosing a track to hold a race is based on criteria only and not opinions from experience, then why let the committee even discuss this? You can set rules that have say 20 criteria values, have the Competition director sit down with each bid and a single form and rate what he thinks each criteria has given in the bid(scale from presentation to location [east, west, central along with population os said area]). This would mean the person who has placed the best bid wins without personal opinions persuading away from the fairness of everything.

That was given as an unreal way of choosing anything, and can not be used to make choices because information other than just what is written or seen in a video can be manipulated to express anything(and NO I AM NOT SAYING THIS HAPPENED but COULD happen if this method is put into place, so Homer understands what I am saying).

First people say racers(Arron W, Mark P, Bobby M; not to mention they have a more direct contact to more racers, who will be directly affected, than just a single track does and would already have an idea where most would prefer to run at) should not have a say in where they race, then people say that someone who hasn't raced long(Dawn) is making decisions. Hell you either have it one way or the other, it is impossible to find racers who don't race. You would have a greater foot to stand on if you were fighting for a track other than your own to host the event come next year. I would greatly respect your fight if you by passed submitting this year to get this fairness fixed(as you put it) and then without controversy surround it, in 2 years submit a bid(without making it look as if you are stacking the selection process in your favor). But as it stands, you are arguing before you even placed a bid expecting to not get it because of the choosing process being unfair(as you see it).

This would be a good idea to do, change the submitting date of bids to they must be received no later than 30 days prior to the current years national. These tracks will then be placed on a ballot that will be carried to that years nationals where the racers will be asked to vote on which track they would like to race at. That total will then be given to the excomm and will be the first thing looked at when choosing a track for the following years nationals, second would be the committee's choice. This way the majority of the top racers will have a direct say in where they want to race at the next years nationals. And if they are not received prior to the national, then the current procedures will be followed, with one exception, only the committee chairman may contact a member of the excomm requesting information dealing with the bids that were submitted (which in a way is what Homer seems to be complaining about mostly).
Old 07-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Bryant
I guess the more interesting question is why you erased that post after you made it?
Because I chose to be an adult and take a kinder, gentler approach to the internet bashing you and Homer seem to have undertaken with my name.

I can always put it back, if you wish... I would prefer not to as I don't intend to prolong this discussion.

I wish you well with your presidential campaign, Lisa. And, I look forward to an interesting series of debates. If this is any indication, it will be enlightening.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Dawn thanks for coming to play. I just happen to have a list of all current ROAR members, being we just held a ROAR regional. On that list I do not see the name of Jake Koetting, a member of last years offroad committee. He is one of the guys you busted along with mike chapin. I see mike signed up last October but Jake's name is not on the list. This means a non roar member, from Texas non the less, had a vote in determing who got a national race. That evidentully went to Texas. Is this too much drama or do you have an answer as to how this could happen.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #171
Tech Initiate

T Thomas - you make some good points!

I don't know the perfect solution but I have been asking for ExComm (as I feel it's their responsibility) to come up with some solution since last October. Whatever the guidelines (and probably members experience on bidding tracks should be considered), they should be clear, PUBLIC, and available for all to understand.

I am not trying to stack anything in my favor. They way I see it, there should be no favor for anyone. As I've said before, these points needed clarifying. I'm simply asking for clarification.

Dawn, just curious, but I have a current member list from 6/7/05 that doesn't list one of the members of the 2004 offroad committee who's membership lapsed by only a few days - as you stated. The other, who renewed, is listed with his expiration date this October. Shouldn't BOTH be on this list?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:53 PM   #172
Tech Initiate

My gosh, are you nominating me, Dawn, for President?

It's not a thought I had seriously considered......

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi jon
hmmm to me it looks like Aaron was spot on, on his concerns.......

this thread makes me not want to do two things

1.join ROAR.

2.go to the Tiltyard.

that's pretty sad!
I'll drink to that.
If I wanted to join a club with a daily pissing match, i'd never leave the mens room.
I can't believe ROARPrez hasn't booted these clowns already, if he had, I might consider joining.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #174
Tech Master

Sweet lord. Coming from a guy that knows how to beat a dead horse....this is still and issue?

I think we need to realize that in all life there are winners and losers. The only one that will be happy will be the winner. Everybody else is never satisfied.

In all honestly we don't need a vote of every member where a race is going to be. Pick it and make it work.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #175
Tech Regular

Quote:
I am not trying to stack anything in my favor. They way I see it, there should be no favor for anyone.
So true, but the perception is still there. And perception will outweigh truth anyday of the week by those uninformed.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:00 PM   #176
Tech Elite

Homer, I'll answer. Much like track affiliations and ROAR sanction requests for upcoming events.... it happens... but the important thing is all was taken care of in time. Another example, racers at a regional event come without memberships so the track fulfills that need by providing paperwork and taking the dues and then sends the dues to ROAR. Sometimes the paperwork doesn't reflect correct dates.

The situation was handled and all making decisions regarding ROAR off road fuel national event and the subsequent topics were dealt with by ROAR members.

For now, I have dinner to prepare and get ready for company coming in this weekend. Internet drama is not on my agenda this evening. Good night.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Quote:
My gosh, are you nominating me, Dawn, for President?

It's not a thought I had seriously considered......

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Sure, if you hold the requirements to be nominated, I will do so.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Dawn I'll say it slow so you understand. Why is Jakes name not on that list if he is a ROAR member. It's been almost a year.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #179
Tech Initiate

Another great point, T Thomas.

When a committtee member makes contact the day before the 'vote' to ask questions clearly covered in your bid and tells you that he thought the bid was 'a name on a piece of paper' - how could they possibly be informed?

My suggestions are as follows:

All committee members must recieve copy of bid at least 30 days BEFORE decision is due.

All committee members must be current ROAR members.

Committee should consist of those who race class - ie, offroad members deciding offroad issues.

Committee should attempt to be comprised of some members who will attend and some who won't - this is to avoid a "I want to race here" decision and lean toward a 'best for all racer' decision.

I very much like the idea of a vote by the membership given some weight.

There probably should be other guidelines but that's all I have off the top of my head.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:05 PM   #180
Tech Initiate

Where can I find the requirements to be nominated? Or can you tell me?
Closed Thread