R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 06:57 PM   #151
Tech Initiate

I don't read other forums, so I'll take your word on the discussion.

I hope that your summation on the process is correct.

However, I still am feeling you still aren't answering my questions.

Have there been procedures and guidelines established so that all have a clear understanding?

Will the committee making the recommendations have benefit of the bids and "not just a name on a piece of paper"?

Will the committee have longer than 10 days in which to consider?

Will the committee consist of current members?

Etc....etc....etc.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #152
Tech Elite

So then nothing has changed. A group of racers have a secret conference and decide where they want to race. This serves the best interest of the racing the community how?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:00 PM   #153
Tech Initiate

Homer, go away. I'm trying to get a valid answer here.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #154
Tech Elite

I've been trying that for years. It won't work.

In this corner we have Lisa and Homer. And in the opposing corner we have a triple threat team Of Sean, Dawn and Rick. Seems unfair, but we'll take our chances.

I bet Rick says to self, Why the hell did I post in this thread.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

just curious,

i read a few pages back that a couple of the people deciding were not ROAR members? is this correct?

if so is that not a bigger deal than who got the race?
steven
Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #156
Tech Adept

Default committee

Changes have been made within the members of the committee.

The committee has some leeway in how to make thier decision but it must be in the best interest of tracers first.

The number of days to make a decisions is dependant upon the timing of when bids are recieved.

If the ExCom feels the decision is made not to the best interest of the rules and the racers discussions will continue until a solution is made.

The ExCom abided by the decision of the committee last year and did not agree with your assesment that the decsion was a personal issue but a appropriate choice for the race. The world is not out to get you, only one track can get the race.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:07 PM   #157
Tech Initiate

StevenMichael - my point exactly. Who got the race was incidental compared to the other issues involved in the selection process itself.

That's why I have asked time and time again for clear procedures and guidelines on this process so that we all can understand the process.

By the way, if we had gotten this race, I'd still be arguing the same points!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #158
Tech Initiate

Rick - finally some progress.

Gears was a great place to host a race. Never disputed that.

Is there a place where I can review (to understand) the new committee guidelines? For example, what are the points to consider when determining what's in the best interest of the racers? Obviously your opinions are different than mine, so is there a general guideline?

Also, since bids are required in by 7/31, that leaves plenty of time for the information to be distributed to the committee before an October decision is made.

I'm hoping that this time all committee members will be current ROAR members.

I'm also hoping this time that debates be made on the merits of all bidding tracks, and personal 'assurances that Homer never receive another ROAR nat' will be quickly squashed as not part of the selection process.

Gears wouldn't have liked to lose the Nats because of "Homer" despite Gears' qualificaitons no more than I liked losing the Nats because of "Homer" despite the Tiltyard's qualifications.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #159
Tech Adept

Default By the way, if we had gotten this race, I'd still be arguing the same points!

"By the way, if we had gotten this race, I'd still be arguing the same points!"

I think I'm done here now. Great response, given past history if you had gotten the race you would have found a number of issues of why the world and ROAR are out to get you yet again. So much drama for the same two people. With that said there is nothing left to say. Best of luck in racing and any other ventures you pursue.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:19 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Rick how can you be done here. You are the sitting ROAR president, representing the best interest of all racers. There are questions on the table, but yet you choose to walk away. Whats up with that?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #161
Tech Initiate

Rick, apparently you suffer from some parnoia issues that I don't have. You should speak to a doctor.

I think any suggestions to clarifiy and make a process more understandable and clearer for it's membership is a good thing.

Too bad you don't.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROARprez
"By the way, if we had gotten this race, I'd still be arguing the same points!"

I think I'm done here now. Great response, given past history if you had gotten the race you would have found a number of issues of why the world and ROAR are out to get you yet again. So much drama for the same two people. With that said there is nothing left to say. Best of luck in racing and any other ventures you pursue.
well rick i don't know how to put this but well said,im done also you have just sealed the deal for me me and my wife's ROAR dues came in the mail today and we will NOT be renewing,if your the president of the org. and you wont even answer why a couple of people were voting for a ROAR issue that were not ROAR members then why should i be a ROAR member.

also wouldn't it be prudent to get UNBIASED people to vote for things of this nature?just wondering

btw-this has nothing to do with the issue at hand but seeing your response's has had an effect on me.
steven
Old 07-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #163
Tech Initiate

SteveMichael,

I actually agree with Rick - offroad racers are the best in the know of offroad racing (ie rule changes and nationals selections). No problem there. I'd just like to see clear guidelines on the procedure itself.

Don't be so quick to give up on ROAR. If enough of us continue to ask tough questions and suggest solutions there can be changes made.

As I tell people locally, if you don't like local laws, then get out and vote in your next election for another candidate.

I believe the next Presidental election for ROAR is 2006? Rick, is that a question you can answer or am I being too dramatic?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Lisa you are correct the next presidential election is in the year 2006. Since Rick is afraid of internet questioning. The presidential debates should be intereting since they will be totally one sided.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #165
Tech Initiate

Who's running against him?
Closed Thread