R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #136
Tech Elite

from Lisa - apparently, I am obtuse.

It seemed clear to me that there were changes necessary to the selection process - not changes in my favor, changes period.

Should a committee asked to make a decision have benefit of the required information?

Should a committee be allowed more than 10 days to make a decision?

Should a committee consist of current members?

Should a committee have guidelines on what points to consider when reviewing a bid?

Did I not offer to resign my track from ROAR if they felt my participation was no longer wanted?

Are these changes not best for ROAR as an organization?

Hey, if the guidelines are that anything Homer says can be used against him despite the qualifications of the Tiltyard- then make that clear so we all know the rules. That's all I'm asking.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #137
Tech Addict

hmmm to me it looks like Aaron was spot on, on his concerns.......

this thread makes me not want to do two things

1.join ROAR.

2.go to the Tiltyard.

that's pretty sad!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #138
Tech Adept

Default Please respect the privacy of private committee posts

The rule making committee posts are in a private forum. Please do not repost the converstations in the public forums.

In your post you admit to reading posts you and Homer were not asked to read. Now you are posting them.

Thank you.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #139
Tech Addict

Old 07-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Like Dawn respected our privacy when she posted the minutes of our board of supervisors meeting. Then she questioned our permit statis. Rick I have no problems with you or ROAR, but Dawn on the other hand is where all the problems lay.

Simple question for you. Why didn't you respond to Lisa's letter last year or at any point since last year.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #141
Tech Elite

FROM LISA

Rick,

I posted my letter word for word for all to read how I tried to address issues privately as you have requested. But yet you did not respond.

I also thought the quotes (although I could have reposted the entire forum) were few and select - used only to illustrate my point.

Nonetheless, are we still not missing the points? Have any guidelines been made? Have any procedures been enacted for a selection process? Has there been a code of conduct developed as Mike Q suggested he was going to investigate? Are there clear cut dos and don'ts?

If so, please direct me to them so I can have a clear understanding of the changes that have been made.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #142
Tech Adept

Default Response

To Homer:

Because Lisa posts private correspondences therefore I can not respond.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #143
Tech Elite

what have you got to hide. Nice way to get things done, by not talking them over. Ever thought about a phone call. It's hard to post a phone call.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #144
Tech Elite

from Lisa

So you are saying that you cannot respond for fear I will post what you say? How could that be? If your interests are for the best of the orgainization in which you are President, what's to hide?

Should members not be aware, informed, and able to participate in rules changes and clarifications of the orgainization in which they participate?

I don't understand the secrecy crap.

This further proves all those points that Homer keeps making - ANSWER THE QUESTIONS! My gosh, even if the answer is "take a flying leap" at least answer the question.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #145
Tech Initiate

So there wouldn't be any confusion on who was posting, I registered for my own id.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #146
Tech Adept

Default Nothing to hide

Just like this some things should be done privately and the drama does not need to affect all ROAR members when only a few are involved. I have spoken to both you and Lisa on the phone a number of times. Best of luck in racing. Rather not just go in circles here so enjoy the day.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:46 PM   #147
Tech Elite

Rick are you a mallard, you sure did duck the issue again.

Ok let's try another one. If we were to bid for another national how would things be any different?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default ????

Ive been paying attn to this entire thread. And quite frankly, there is a lot that I agree with Lisa and Homer on...and as for the current subject...Rick...the cat is already out of the bag...and personally, even though I am currently not nor ever have been a R.O.A.R member, I would be greatly interested in hearing your responses to some of the questions they have. Maybe I dont have a right to this info, Im not so sure....but I think that it may help a lot of current non members like me to determine if we would consider joining in the future...especially if your answers hinted at some improvement towards the running of the organization....just my .02.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #149
Tech Initiate

Ok Rick,

I won't keep making you embarrass yourself by continuing to circle direct questions.

However, let me say, that I think you are dead wrong. ANY member who races offroad has an interest (therefore a stake) in any decision made about offroad from tire approvals to where nationals are held.

I think you are downgrading the importance of each and every single member. And a shame too, from someone in your position.

I further think that it's an even bigger shame that valid points - and you know my points were valid - cannot be addressed without being criticized as being my (or Homer's) personal 'drama'.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #150
Tech Adept

Default You have taken this a personal issue and it is not the world is not out to get you

This discussion has already been had on other forums the bids will be submitted to the committees the committees will be involved in making recomendations. The committees willl submit the recommendation to the ExCom.

The committees consist of racers in that class so they can indeed make appropriate decisions for the class not just a group of people who have no involvement in the class.

There is no agenda or drama necessary it is really a simple process. I do understand when a track is not awarded the race they are dissapointed but really only one track can get it at a time the committees do really look for the best interests of the members in the class that will be attending the race. Nothing more.
Closed Thread